Hostiles

Feb 13, 2017
I saw it on Friday, and thought it was pretty good.
The movies main theme is centered around the physiological effects of war and how the various characters deal with it. There is also an analogous perspective on who the real “hostiles” are, and a realization that the two enemies are actually the same in many ways.
The setting throughout the movie is the beautiful north west, and it’s vast expanses is best viewed through the big screen rather than waiting for it to come out on disc.
The movie is not so much an action movie, rather a drama that’s pretty deep, but the action scenes are spread out well enough to keep an element of suspense.
I say go see it.

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Oct 15, 2009
Mississippi
I saw it on Friday, and thought it was pretty good.
The movies main theme is centered around the physiological effects of war and how the various characters deal with it. There is also an analogous perspective on who the real “hostiles” are, and a realization that the two enemies are actually the same in many ways.
The setting throughout the movie is the beautiful north west, and it’s vast expanses is best viewed through the big screen rather than waiting for it to come out on disc.
The movie is not so much an action movie, rather a drama that’s pretty deep, but the action scenes are spread out well enough to keep an element of suspense.
I say go see it.
Saw last night, i agree about the theme and traumatization of war. Cinematography and OST were incredible, absolutely loved the shots they got, gorgeous on the big screen. I knew it wouldn't be an action movie because i'm a fan of Scott Cooper's last movie with Bale "Out of The Furnace". The movie was good and most of the cast was superb, just didn't really move me in anyway or leave me wanting. It was a solid movie, maybe it will get better among the second viewing. I thought Rosamund Pike overacted a lot which is strange because she is a phenomenal actress. The fight scenes were weird to me it was like the bad guys had 100% accuracy and the good guys couldn't hit shit. I'm also from MS and some of the dialogue i had a hard time understanding lol.

Top Bottom