HK vp9/sfp9 help

Apr 19, 2013
So I recently caught a bug and decided I wanted a vp9, got my hands on one in the store and without even getting to swap all the grip mods I loved it. Trigger was superior to the mp 2.0 imo. (And the damn “slide lock” apparently isn’t designed to be a “slide release”....But the stupid paddle mag release on the hk was killing me. I can’t/don’t want to adjust my grip to drop a mag. So a little googling Led to the sfp9, which has the option of traditional button mag release and an “sf” trigger, lighter and less travel...which is apparently a unicorn or only an overseas military gun because I can’t find it. Does anyone know where to get one?

Feb 20, 2017
SE Florida
Middle finger for me, works like a dream. Walther did it better on the PPQ till some fools bitched about it and they went back to a mag release button. Both my PPQs, the 9 and the 40, have the trigger guard mag release. Very similar to the H&K but longer and easier to manipulate.

Apr 19, 2013
Perhaps if that’s what you’re used to and it fits your hand. My thumb is long enough to engage standard buttons without grip adjust whereas I have to adjust my grip to use the paddle. But I will say the hk mags fall out of the gun effortlessly!

Primus

Gun Snob
Feb 13, 2017
Vancouver, WA
Doesn't matter what size your hand is you still have to moddify your grip durring a reload with a push button release. A paddle is faster and smoother using your index finger your grip never changes.

J.Boney

Resident Sheepdog
May 10, 2006
NC - USA
I really love my VP9, and the trigger is awesome. I sold all of my Glocks, because I wanted a pistol with a similar grip angle to my 1911s.

Top Bottom