Harris bipod choice,help please.

Nov 30, 2002
Maryland
I'm in need of help choosing a Harris bipod.
6-9 inch with notches,swivel with pod lock and to fit the front sling stud
on a stock Remington 700 PSS and / or a Winchester Stealth.
Old man here for use mainly off a wooden or concrete bench.
Model # would be helpful for starts.
Any tips on where to get best pricing, prefer to buy from a Hide Vendor ?
Oh, and how about a rear bag to match.

Regards,
Steve

Triad

Gunny Sergeant
Nov 14, 2003
KC
www.TriadTactical.com
Sound like you already have the bipod selected! You just need to know where to get one :)
https://www.triadtactical.com/Harris-Swivel-Notched.html

Be sure to get the notched leg version, unless you have a specific reason not to. I agree with the 6-9" size for your two rifles on flat, hard surface.

Try the link to our site and input the options you need for 6-9 and notched.

As for the bag, anything here will work.(you will end up with several sizes and shapes in the long run)
https://www.triadtactical.com/Bean-Bags-Shooting-Rests/

Thunderhorse

Sergeant of the Hide
Jan 31, 2018
Central MO
I like the 9-13s myself, definitely with leg notch. The one I bought 12 years ago doesn't swivel so I am getting an S-LM with pod-loc, I thought about an Atlas but that's 3x the price and all I want that I don't have is the swivel feature.

IMHO if you shoot off a bench you want the 6-9, if you shoot more prone or off obstacles get the 9-13.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2014
You can buy the pod loc (original one is made by KMW, I think) or one of the other similar locks after you get the Bipod. I have a true KMW and some other unknown brand and I prefer the unknown brand.

The above poster is correct. S-BRM is the correct model. It’s the 6-9” with notched legs and the swivel.

You may not even need the pod loc if you only shoot from a bench. You can probably hand tighten it enough to where it won’t fall over but you can still utilize the swivel enough to level the rifle. I haven’t tightened or loosened mine in some time.

pineoak

Assistant Minion
Feb 15, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I'd skip the Harris + pod loc and get an Atlas PSR.

I own 2 of the swivel harris (BRMS?) with pod locs and one PSR.

I've owned 5 of the Harris at one point and will pick up PSR as Brownells or any other place has them at least 15% off

The PSR is a better bipod IMO, both functionality, craftsmanship.

Top Bottom