Go to online store for ammunition?

Frankly

En Newbieated
Jan 27, 2018
Spencerport, NY
frankpetronio.com
Sportsman Warehouse is on the wrong side of the country but sometimes beats Target Sports USA on price and availability or vice versa. I live in Upstate NY and I support ammunition vendors that understand the law and are willing to ship to legal addresses using patriotic delivery services.

i.e. FedEx to my door. God Bless them.

These guys earned my business over all the pussies who haven't the stones to ship to customers because of the NYS SAFE ACT vague and not-in-effect attempt at prohibiting online ammo sales. They also do not charge sales tax, further depriving New York State.

The hardest thing to find is reasonable 12g birdshot as I avoid Walmart and Dicks. There are no online deals for cases of $50 birdshot because shipping must be pretty expensive. I hate shooting Clays but I still do because my 80-year Father likes kicking my ass and that's great.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2014
NoVa
The hardest thing to find is reasonable 12g birdshot as I avoid Walmart and Dicks. There are no online deals for cases of $50 birdshot because shipping must be pretty expensive. I hate shooting Clays but I still do because my 80-year Father likes kicking my ass and that's great.
twas sometime last year if not year before, but i really loaded up on win aa supersport with their rebate, from academy.com that had a great price and free shipping.

westernhaikus1

New Hide Member
Mar 12, 2018
SGammo.com

They have consistently been excellent in terms of shipping time, customer service, and transparency as far as the ammo market and securing good deals for customers. They don't always have the lowest prices on any given thing online, but if you're trying to do a sizeable multi-caliber order they will probably always be your best bet.

EGwhisper

Feb 14, 2017
Today it's academy. 20% off, free shipping, PLUS $2 rebate per box of winchester shotgun ammo. ~45% off with free shipping.

Ammoseek is where I start. Also, Target Sports USA has been my go to for .308 ammo. 6.5 Creedmoor seems to default to Outdoor Limited. Both companies have had stellar customer service thus far.

My current residence is in Connecticut, so there is a process for getting ammo on-line, and both aforementioned companies still ship here.

YF12A

Private
Dec 13, 2017
Back in the 2000's, I used Ammoman. Never had any problem, but then the prices just seemed to jump. Used to love Wideners, bought lots of IMI, then, same thing, prices jumped, I think they were sold? Now it's mostly SGAmmo or Midway with a deal, both great to deal with. Wonder what happened to Cascade in, I think, the Pacific NW? Bought a lot from them in the '90's, Russian 7.62x39 and .22lr Biathlon dirt cheap. Wish I literally had bought a ton of that stuff, a little greasy but shot lights out through just about everything, whether 10/22 or target pistol/rifle. Will check out Target Sports and the others. Thanks.

Top Bottom