Form 4 wait time

Waorani

Belligerenati
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
Auburn, AL
I am new to this, first suppressor on order. Just called today and they said pending. What exactly does that mean? Is it getting close? Mine was sent the beginning of July. Hoping it will be soon!
Pending simply = application/payment received/entered. Forget about it for at least 6 months, likely more.

greg1147

Private
Belligerents
Sep 12, 2017
Virginia
I decided to build one and did an eForm 1 Trust on 12/20/2018 got approved 1/8/2019, now its just engrave the tube machine the baffles and put it together. Then again I have been in the black hole for 8 months on a purchase from Silencer Shop. Well that didn't work out well now the parts supplier is telling me 60-90 days complete the parts FUCK! you can't win either way. fuck fuck ,fuck!

Last edited:

pell1203

Stay Focused!
Belligerents
Dec 27, 2007
Bellevue, WA
The time may have come for all of us currently at 8+ months of waiting :sleep: to respectfully start inquiring of our congressional representatives as to why our federal government is incapable of processing a simple application in a more timely fashion? :eek: Perhaps getting letters directly from their constituents requesting intervention and assistance may get them somewhat involved in effecting some kind of redress. :)

Then again, maybe not! :unsure: It is very frustrating! :oops:

sixpack340

S'arnt
Belligerents
Sep 6, 2009
york, pa
Especially considering that the NFA is the only actual money making business the government runs. (Not talking income taxes and such as everyone pays those.) Its bullshit that those of us that choose to get butt fucked for $200 just to exercise our rights, are then bent over again with a year wait on said items. I dont buy it that they're that backed up. It can literally be done in a matter of minutes. I think they drag it out on purpose for gos knows what reason

Srikaleak

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 11, 2018
I think it's time for states to follow their own rules. If California, Massachusetts, Colorado can openly sell Marijuana then other states should be able to enact their own NFA rules.
I think Kansas? is ignoring NFA rules which landed one veteran in jail. If we follow the model of tax and submit application but include that transfer will not be delayed for approval there could be a great middle ground for instant gratification and the government to make revenue.

MDrimfirerookie

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
i popped my NFA cherry this saturday for a TBAC takedown 22. i figured i'm turning 40 NEXT february and it will make a nice 40th gift. i'd love to know the REAL number of form 4's that are stuck in jail and why the hell it really take so long. there is NO WAY its take 12+ months for this and it can't be that they are THAT overwhelmed.

Swingpress

Private
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2018
Well, just got everything wrapped up and sent in. Now for the long wait. 😔 here is hoping it’s more like a 3 months, but if my gambling record is any indication........

Mybadga

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2019
I just received my 3 form 4s back on Saturday. My check was cashed March 5th stamp was processed 1/31 we did a trust with 3 people and 3 suppressors. I heard from my dealer that the ATF had 45 contractors on staff for processing form 4s and once they were laid off they had to reapply if they wanted to come back to work there or they hired a bunch of newbies and it takes 3 months to train them so any new form 4s are looking at 12 to 18 months at this time.. glad I did mine when I did.

Mybadga

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2019
I just received my 3 form 4s back on Saturday. My check was cashed March 5th stamp was processed 1/31 we did a trust with 3 people and 3 suppressors. I heard from my dealer that the ATF had 45 contractors on staff for processing form 4s and once they were laid off they had to reapply if they wanted to come back to work there or they hired a bunch of newbies and it takes 3 months to train them so any new form 4s are looking at 12 to 18 months at this time.. glad I did mine when I did.
I meant to say May 5th so approximately 8 months for a trust to be approved with 3 people and 3 cans. And there was an error on my trust paperwork too. Guess I am a lucky one by the way it sounds

Ruslow

Private
Belligerents
Feb 17, 2017
Northwest AR
Well I made it before poss government shut down.
individual, ck cashed 5/17
approved 2/11 now for the mail!!!

PS of those that are waiting longer what are your cans pistol or rifle. may make a difference. this one is a pistol. stan

jerryrva

Private
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2018
There was a fairly interesting article on the last page of Guns & Ammo recently about the Hearing Protection Act. How all the suppressor manufacturers had geared up production in anticipation of it getting passed. Then Parkland and Nashville happened and that really put an end to getting the NFA status changed. Explains why my local dealer deeply discounted his inventory of them last fall. According to the article the number of Form 4's sent in had slowed way down when people thought the law would be changed. So maybe the volume backlogged will level off before going back up now. Glad I sent in for 2 in the fall so I won't have to go through the long wait again.

SilentStalkr

Wonna Be Badass
Belligerents
Oct 8, 2012
Somewhere in the US
Check cashed 5/5/18 - Called today and still pending. Single person trust.
I think we are going to be waiting for awhile unfortunately. I mean you’d think it’d be pretty quick given the slow down of forms going in but I guess not. Then add in the government shutdowns which is about to happen again we probably got a long way. I am 2 months behind uou on my last two. We should revolt because this stuff is getting stupid. It’s kind of like buying a house, paying for it in full then the gov giving you permission to move in it a few years from now. It’s complete BS.

ZY100

Sergeant
Belligerents
Oct 13, 2007
VA
So how will shifting the Form 4 processing to Oregon 1 Feb change this? Longer to get a new process going or shorter as it is outsourced and should ideally be more efficient?

Time will tell.

Longshot231

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2018
I just saw that Trump will sign legislation to avoid another shutdown and declare an emergency to build the wall.

So, hopefully, things won't get any slower.

The sound of gunfire is the sound of freedom. It also sounds better when it's a pew-pew rather than a bang-bang:cool::D

Darkside-Six

My Dixie Wrecked
Belligerents
Oct 8, 2013
6/4/2018 check cash date, I am thinking about trying to cancel and building one on a eForm 1.
I’ve inquired about that but heard it’s a real pain in the ass and will raise a bunch of issues so I’ll just wait it out. Hopefully by April will be here. Just my luck that less than a month after I sent mine in efile opened back up and they were running about 3-4 weeks. 😡

SilentStalkr

Wonna Be Badass
Belligerents
Oct 8, 2012
Somewhere in the US
Ok, someone school me here. We all know this was a last ditch effort to help the company because SilencerCo was in some trouble, at least that’s how I understand it. And many of us bought into it and gave them an interest free loan. I am ok with that as long as I get my property because I’d hate to see one of the largest suppressor companies go away, but what if it didn’t work. What’s to stop them from filing bankruptcy and not handing us crap for our money? I mean in theory they could do this and just start up a new company with a different name with the money we just gave them, yes?