Form 4 wait time

jwknutson17

Big Game Hunter
Apr 29, 2017
Form 4 trust
Purchased 1/27/18
Submitted via single shot trust through SS 2/1/18
Approved 8/24/18
Picked up last week from dealer. Don't know how long it was there.

Jan 30, 2018
OKC
1. NFA Item: Supressor
2. Form Type: Form 4
3. Transferee Type: Trust (single responsible party)
4. Forms Sent: 26 Feb 2018 (Silencer Shop kiosk)
5. Delivered:
6. Check Cleared: 12 March 2018
7. Pending Date: 12 March 2018
8. Approved Date: 18 Sept 2018
9. Forms Received: 24 Sept 2018

Last edited:

Rustybroadhead

Anschutz North America
May 15, 2012
Alabama
I just paid for two cans yesterday through Silencer Shop but I have one of the older style trusts with three other people on it rather than the single shot trust. Am I reading everyone's experiences correctly that if you have multiple trustees you can pretty much add about 6 months to the "normal" wait time???

Jul 8, 2009
TX
I don't know the answer to that. My buddy went through ss with a trust he and his wife are on. He submitted his early October last year and still hasn't received his. He was none to happy this morning when I sent him a picture of the approved email.

By the way I bought mine in November and didn't send the paper work in until February. He gave me shit about it, who's the dumb ass now.

Rustybroadhead

Anschutz North America
May 15, 2012
Alabama
Thanks KC.... I think it depends more on the examiner you get than anything else. I have a couple of suppressors already, sure wish they would take that into account. Way too much logic in that though!

I bet your buddy is pissed! I would be.... LOL

Feb 9, 2013
North
I just paid for two cans yesterday through Silencer Shop but I have one of the older style trusts with three other people on it rather than the single shot trust. Am I reading everyone's experiences correctly that if you have multiple trustees you can pretty much add about 6 months to the "normal" wait time???
I have my wife as a responsible person for two items so far, and two in jail. The first two didn’t take any longer then others.

Mar 6, 2017
Jacksonville
Right, that was from March, BUT was that budget request ever approved?

"Under the new Justice Department FY2019 budget, the ATF would receive funding to hire an additional 25 more employees to help with the growing backlog of NFA firearm applications. "

The ASA had meetings in D.C. back earlier this month. I asked them about this and their response was:
"they received a budget allocation this past year to do that and have hired several, with more in the pipeline right now. They have also asked for additional budget for FY2019 to hire even more. "

So they have "asked" for the hiring of 25 new staffers. But has it been approved? Doesn't FY2019 start tomorrow?! I've never seen any confirmation on this.

Feb 21, 2012
NV
A buddy had him and his parents in a trust and they just got their suppressor in 5 months. so if this is true I should be getting mine as an individual within 4-5 months... FINGERS CROSSED!!!

HaroldCoulter

Online Training Member
Apr 28, 2012
San Angelo
Re: Form 4 wait time

They are assigned to examiner by 1'st letter of last name. Depending on that letter it can go 2-12+ months. It's the government can't over work them, if pushed pace will go from turtle to handicapped snail.
So lets find out who the fastest is and Ill legally change my last name lol

Fig

Janitor of the Hide
Mar 15, 2018
The Most Dangerous City in the USA
Going on 12 months... ugh, longest one yet and this will be the last.
Sure it will, because you couldn’t possibly need another can, another pistol, or another rifle. If you’re here you probably have the same gunitus or firearmsyndrom afflicting is all.
So just stop saying crazy shit like it’s the last one. 👌

Feb 13, 2017
Camano Island, Washington
Sure it will, because you couldn’t possibly need another can, another pistol, or another rifle. If you’re here you probably have the same gunitus or firearmsyndrom afflicting is all.
So just stop saying crazy shit like it’s the last one. 👌
My name is threadcutter.......I'm here tonight because I thought I was the only one with this problem.....You mean I'm not alone ?:unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Feb 14, 2017
Haubstadt, Indiana
Ordered a TBAC Ultra 7 and 22 Takedown from Mile High. Hoping the Form 3 goes through late next week and my FFL has it early the week after so I can do the form 4. Any tips on how to keep the Wait time blues away?! Lol!

Dixie Rifleman

Always Learning
Apr 24, 2017
GA
Ordered a TBAC Ultra 7 and 22 Takedown from Mile High. Hoping the Form 3 goes through late next week and my FFL has it early the week after so I can do the form 4. Any tips on how to keep the Wait time blues away?! Lol!
Don't look at the calendar! I heeded that advice for the first 4 months. Now I am almost at 7 months and I wonder if it could be any day now. Best not to keep track of time or you'll drive yourself crazy wondering what the hell is taking so long.