Flush Cups

Aug 13, 2013
I hate standard flush cups. Every time I pick up my rifle the sling has spun and twisted. Its like the lost sock in the dryer, I have no idea how it happens.
It is so much nicer on my rifles equipped with non rotating. Just my opinion though. Good luck with your new rifle!

Aug 14, 2014
Non-rotational. As MBanning said, no matter how careful you are, the sling will always be twisted when you pick it up.

SLG

Gunny Sergeant
Sep 2, 2009
I can't imagine why anyone would want sling swivels that rotate. My only complaint with the Bravo chassis is the rotating sling swivel they include for the rear of the stock. Why would they do that in 2018? Makes no sense at all.

Non rotational. I got a manners stock built and they put in the standard cups and drives me crazy because my sling is always getting twisted.
Well I appreciate the info. I've been walked through every aspect of the stock from Robert over at Manners. (We got side tracked and spoke about a lot of other rifle items as well, not always the stock haha) However these never got brought up as I didn't think it'd matter. Seeing this, I'm glad I still have time top update my order.

Feb 12, 2017
Central Iowa
I recently got my stock back from manners and I went with non-rotational flush cups. I'm not sure which brand they use but I like them as they have about a 1/8 turn rotation. So they aren't solid but have a little give and won't wind your sling up.

Feb 3, 2006
1232 swift, NKC, MO.
I recently got my stock back from manners and I went with non-rotational flush cups. I'm not sure which brand they use but I like them as they have about a 1/8 turn rotation. So they aren't solid but have a little give and won't wind your sling up.
Hi, I and Terry Cross worked with grove-tec to make them a few years back. They work really nice. Stocks that have the rotational are easy for us to swap out, just shoot me a PM. We offer both the standard and non-rotational. Just let us know which you prefer at time of order. Guns that are going to be used hard in comp I would suggest using the non-rotational, they do make a difference. Thank you very much,

Jun 13, 2008
Grovtec limited rotation cups are what I would use.

It allows SOME rotation, such as you ight like to have if you ever use your sling to SHOOT with, and allows a little "give" and wiggle when carrying the rifle as well. But at a maximum of 15-degrees, it won't allow the swivel to flop around like everybody complains about.

spife7980

Feb 10, 2017
TX
Non rotational. I got a manners stock built and they put in the standard cups and drives me crazy because my sling is always getting twisted.
Same here, when I had my harris on a stud it it mounted up high enough that the spring ears served as a spin-stop, only 7/8 of a full rotation. Now that I have it mounted on a picatinny rail its lower on the stock and I somehow always have two full twists in my sling when I pull it out of the safe.

OP- just to add to the chorus: non rotational if possible.

Feb 12, 2017
Central Iowa
Hi, I and Terry Cross worked with grove-tec to make them a few years back. They work really nice. Stocks that have the rotational are easy for us to swap out, just shoot me a PM. We offer both the standard and non-rotational. Just let us know which you prefer at time of order. Guns that are going to be used hard in comp I would suggest using the non-rotational, they do make a difference. Thank you very much,
Nice job on them Tom, I really like that small amount of rotation on the non-rotational.

Do you still have the limited rotation cups?

Yes the non rotational cups that we use are made by grovtec for us. They have the same specs as the rotational, both get threaded into the shell then marine-tex in. The only exception would be stocks that are over say 10 years old. thank you,
Okay, I just contacted Robert the other day and had him change my flush cups to non rotating on my order! Thanks for the reply!

I'm very impatient, and seeing all the pictures I have recently of rifles with your stocks is not helping haha. EH1 in Scorched Earth....

Terry Cross

Dingleberry
Mar 15, 2003
Alexandria, LA 71303
The limited rotation flush cups are the only way to go.

I can't understand why they even make the old style anymore. The older ones are a little less expensive to manufacture and are really quick to install whereas I prefer to clock the limited rotation ones which takes a few extra seconds per cup.

Get with MCS. They will totally hook you up.

Feb 28, 2013
San Jose, CA
I think I know the answer to this question, but I'll ask anyway. Is there any way to do an easy retrofit from the old style to limited rotation/non-rotating? Or would you have to cut the old ones out and epoxy new ones in?

The limited rotation flush cups are the only way to go.

I can't understand why they even make the old style anymore. The older ones are a little less expensive to manufacture and are really quick to install whereas I prefer to clock the limited rotation ones which takes a few extra seconds per cup.

Get with MCS. They will totally hook you up.

Oh I already have! Love the people over at Manners and I haven't even gotten my stock yet haha

Jan 6, 2007
Southern Maryland
I think I know the answer to this question, but I'll ask anyway. Is there any way to do an easy retrofit from the old style to limited rotation/non-rotating? Or would you have to cut the old ones out and epoxy new ones in?
I had Manners swap the old style cups to the non rotationally several years ago on my 3 stocks. Give them a call. Tom and crew will take good care of you.

bikeracer

Formerly Robb57
Aug 10, 2011
Just bought a rifle based on a manner stock that doesn't have swivel studs - glad I read this - just ordered some grovetec limited rotation swivel studs.

Mar 31, 2013
Cape Girardeau,Mo.
I swapped mine out myself. I clamped a 1/4” allen wrench with vise grips and heated it cherry red with a torch then stuck it in the socket with a little left handed twist. They started to unscrew in about 5 seconds. Then, just put epocy on the new ones and screw them in. Plan ahead and be mindful of which clocked position you want them in.

Top Bottom