Fix It Sticks group buy

TexasTightwad

Sergeant of the Hide
May 30, 2018
DFW, Texas
Hey guys,

I've been working on a Fix It Sticks group buy. I contacted Fix It Sticks directly and they put me in contact with one of their dealers, Tactical Works, who was interested.

Here's the kit that they are going to give us a deal on (copied from their website):

"Fix It Sticks 65, 45, 25 & 15 Inch Lbs Kit with Deluxe Pouch, T-Handle, Extended Bit

Fix It Sticks Field Maintenance Kit with Pouch.

Includes:

65 Inch Lbs miniature torque limiter

45 Inch Lbs miniature torque limiter

25 Inch Lbs miniature torque limiter

15 Inch Lbs miniature torque limiter

T-Way T-Handle Wrench

16 different bits

1/2" Socket and 1/4" bit adapter set

Deluxe zipper pouch

Extended 3/16" Ball End Hex Bit designed to reach the action screws of such Chassis systems as JAllen, Accuracy International, Remington 700, and Masterpiece Arms"

MSRP on that is $180, and their retail price is $162, but they are going to sell the kits to us for $140 + $5 Shipping.

We need just 5 people in order to meet the minimum. There will be two order dates: 10/9/18 and 10/16/18 (both Tuesdays).

This kit is not normally offered on their website and was put up specially for us, so the only way to view it is to follow this link:

https://www.tacticalworks.com/Fix-I...-with-Deluxe-Pouch-T-Handle-Extended-Bit.html

Ignore that it says out-of-stock and has the full retail price. A code will be provided before the purchase date.

So who wants in?

*edited to reflect new order dates

Last edited:

TexasTightwad

Sergeant of the Hide
May 30, 2018
DFW, Texas
No, we're only doing this kit in this configuration. One of the benefits to a seller is that all the orders are the same. If we all want something a little bit different it becomes a headache and the seller loses incentive to give us a price break. Sorry.

I haven't checked prices, but I know it is possible to buy the torque limiters individually. You could do it as an add-on to your order?

MK20

New Hide Member
Apr 17, 2018
Up North
Definitely interested. First group buy so not so sure how it works. Going hunting Wednesday. If it is up before then I will probably jump on it.

TexasTightwad

Sergeant of the Hide
May 30, 2018
DFW, Texas
Alright guys, I am about to be sending out the code for the the first purchase date, which is tomorrow. If you want in but have not yet said so, now is a good time. Otherwise you'll have to wait another week. If you've already said you are in, I'll be getting the code to you soon.

TexasTightwad

Sergeant of the Hide
May 30, 2018
DFW, Texas
Do we have to pre pay for our order?
No. Here's how it'll work: you say "I'm in" and get added to my list. About a day before the purchase date, TW will use the number of people on my list to make an order with the manufacturer. On the purchase date, we place our orders with TW. A few days later TW gets all the kits from Fix It Sticks and ships them out individually to us.

It is important that people not wait until the last minute to join. If you wait until the purchase day, you probably won't get a kit.

Feb 15, 2005
Mission, KS
www.donttouchme.com
Arrived. Pretty sure I never got a shipping email, but arrived today.

2018-10-15 13.39.46.jpg
Only real need is to carry some pliers to get the bits out of the wrench or torque limiters. The magnet is so strong I cannot get some out again with my fingers!

Case is pretty nice, I may even use the molle back as I mount other stuff inside my shooting pack. Maybe.

Does have some spare room inside for other tools, so may also use that to keep all the tools organized for range time. I have not done any testing and do not have the facilities to do so, but it seems nicely made. Also nice they admit origin of each part instead of hiding/lying about it being US made like so many.

TexasTightwad

Sergeant of the Hide
May 30, 2018
DFW, Texas
FINAL CALL

If you want in on the group buy, this is your last chance. The dealer (Tactical Works) is going to be placing the last order with Fix-It-Sticks today. So if you want to buy a kit, say "I'm in" ASAP! The code will be sent out tomorrow to everyone who is in, and we'll place our individual orders then.