Fierce Fury?

treetrimmer_01

Sergeant
Belligerents
Feb 5, 2012
Shonkin, MT
Looking to get a lightweight 300 win and came across the Fierce Fury with the 1/2 moa guarantee. Anyone have any experience with these rifles? Thanks

davsco

Private
Belligerents
Jan 1, 2014
NoVa
man they sure look and feel nice, but unfortunately haven't shot one. i'm a lefty and almost grabbed one of these in righty. they do make some models in lefty but of course a wait and i think also a hefty lefty tax...

b6graham

not a private
Belligerents
Jul 29, 2014
and i wouldn't put much weight in the '1/2" guarantee'. that really only applies if you're actually capable of it and i'm sure they say the same thing if you had to send it back. they'd throw one on a bipod or sled and shoot a small group and say it does in fact shoot 1/2" then charge you shipping to send it back

most any reputable builder you see or hear of here produces a rifle capable of well under 1/2" at 100 yards

your results from a tikka will be similar though it may not be as fancy as a custom gun it's hard to argue the results

based on the price tag of the Fury you have options
Nucleus/Origin receiver with a prefit barrel, KRG bravo (similar feel to traditional stock but adjustable and cheap) or Manners stock (actually adjustable but a little spendy and wait time if you don't like the normal in-stock options)
Tikka/Sako, potentially in new chassis/stock and/or with proof carbon barrel

remember, a 7 pound 300WM will not be much fun for long strings shooting steel. thats barely more than the weight of a heavy palma or M24/40 barrel by itself

j741

Hide Member
Belligerents
Sep 10, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
I have one in 7MM Rem Mag. Had to send bolt back after 2 of first 20 rounds during barrel break in had light primer strikes. No issues since then. Using the recommended Barnes ammo in it last weekend I only shot 3 groups of 3. First wasn't great at 0.8MOA but next two were 0.46MOA and 0.48MOA. For having gotten it on an apparent price mistake at Cabela's for $1499, I'm very happy with it for a planned Elk hunting rifle. Just need to figure out a scope for it. Have an AMG on it right now but with it not being used much I'd rather put that scope on a more used range rifle.

lennyo3034

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 18, 2010
Southern MD
I have one in 7MM Rem Mag. Had to send bolt back after 2 of first 20 rounds during barrel break in had light primer strikes. No issues since then. Using the recommended Barnes ammo in it last weekend I only shot 3 groups of 3. First wasn't great at 0.8MOA but next two were 0.46MOA and 0.48MOA. For having gotten it on an apparent price mistake at Cabela's for $1499, I'm very happy with it for a planned Elk hunting rifle. Just need to figure out a scope for it. Have an AMG on it right now but with it not being used much I'd rather put that scope on a more used range rifle.
Pictures!

j741

Hide Member
Belligerents
Sep 10, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
Pictures!
Of the rifle or the groups? I don't have any of the rifle setup but here are targets

And, I should be clear that I am not a very good shot. I bought a 6.5CM CTR back in October to see if I liked target shooting with rifles. It was only in March finally got in to a nearby range to be able to shoot more than once every two months. I need a lot more trigger & practice time. I'm sure all my rifles can shoot better than I can.

IMG_1035.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1039.JPG

Last edited:

Juggerxxx

Sergeant
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
One of my buddies has one and it is chambered in 300WM. He loves it and it is a nice rifle. Gotta love the smooth action. He sucks at shooting small groups and he can manage less than 1MOA for 5 shots.
I have only shot it once and it was without a scope during break in. I was suprised at how little of recoil it had for being such a light rifle and well that break worked.

RRG

Private
Belligerents
Apr 5, 2013
Gonzales, La.
I bought an Edge in 2016, chambered 6.5 CM. I like it. It will shoot 1/2” groups most of the time. It likes 123 grain SST’s pretty well, 140 Bergers VLDs are pretty good also. Both will shoot 1/2” three shot groups.

I’m currently trying some Barnes 127 LRX. This is shaping up pretty good.

Oldbones

Private
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2018
I picked up an Edge in 2017 chambered 26 Nosler. Smooth action and well made. The 26 Nolser was not a good choice so I'm changing out barrels and going with the 28 Nolser. I'd purchase another Fierce without hesitation.