Field/Tactical/Combat Pant

Aug 21, 2017
I am looking for a Field/Tactical/Combat Pant that I can wear for PRS style competitions that are comfortable, have the storage space I need and are a durable pant. I bought the Tru spec xpedition pant but did not like the fit after I had washed them and really was not a fan of the pocket placement . I would like to stay in the $200 price range and down. Looking for some opinions. Thank you

Gray Squirrel

Protect the nuts.
Jun 30, 2012
North TX
Yeah, I’ve worn Tru-Spec and was not impressed with their fit or their ability to retain their color after washes.

I’ve worn USGI, Crye, 5.11, Vertx, Condor, Carhartt, Kuhl and LA Police Gear all with good results. I’m not a huge fan of straight tactical pants, more like “casual pants with a few extra pockets”.

Pretty much everything is in the $200 price range and under...

RoterJager

The Red Hunter
Oct 21, 2013
The Frozen Tundra
They're way too tacticool but I love the G3 Combat Pants by Crye. The the pockets are in the right spots, the knee pads work great and the pants breathe in hot weather. I don't know that I'd pay what they're asking for them now that the prices have increased.

carnageasada

all the way live
Jun 14, 2017
Lebanon, NH
They're way too tacticool but I love the G3 Combat Pants by Crye. The the pockets are in the right spots, the knee pads work great and the pants breathe in hot weather. I don't know that I'd pay what they're asking for them now that the prices have increased.
I have Cyre's G2 Field stuff in a couple colors, I dont' think they're too over the top and they hold up as well as any issued BDUs I've ever worn. Not sure if it matters to the OP, but Crye's the best option I could find for the tall folks, I have a 36"+ inseam and they can even go longer... True though, wicked expensive.

EDIT: Holy hell, their stuff's almost twice what I paid for it now, what happened...?!

Luke

Sergeant
May 29, 2002
Colorado
I haven't vetted them completely yet, but so far I'm really liking my pair of Fjallraven Keb Trousers for outdoor/shooting activities. Durable fabric, freedom of movement, and the ability to open them up and vent when it's hot. They're not cheap though...

Mar 14, 2017
Might be late to the party here but I use Triple Aught Design's Recon RS Pants for just about anything. Fit for movement. Durable as heck. And can double as "out in town" pants without looking tacticool at all. Also they're like 100$ or so.

Apr 15, 2008
Central Illinois
Anyone ever have any experiences with the Helikon branded tactical or military style pants? You can pick these up for less than $50 shipped. The European sizing is the only reason I have not ordered and tried a pair.

Luke

Sergeant
May 29, 2002
Colorado
I bought a pair, and liked the style, but never ended up wearing them because they just didn't fit right. I'm tall and they're cut for your average build guy.

snarkscarbine

Still a Private
Mar 1, 2014
Dallas
www.dallasrifle.com
I haven't vetted them completely yet, but so far I'm really liking my pair of Fjallraven Keb Trousers for outdoor/shooting activities. Durable fabric, freedom of movement, and the ability to open them up and vent when it's hot. They're not cheap though...
LOVE my Fjallravens. Extremely lightweight and breathable, but still very rugged. Great pockets, too.