Everything That's Wrong With the NBA In One Play

Tucker301

Groundskeeper
Staff member
Feb 13, 2015
Southern VA
Bored shitless lat night, I was watching some of this game.
The NBA frustrates the fuck out of me. If the people who started the game could come back and see this full contact bastardization of their sport, replete with traveling, palming, and other blatant violations never called, they'd puke.

6, 7, 8 fouls... and no call until two players get hands on the ball and try to wrangle it from each other?

Then they throw a fan out for saying things.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qzsqygK8IpM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FishDr

Sergeant of the Hide
Apr 10, 2014
southern IL
NBA is a total joke. I can't watch at all.
If I get that bored, I have too many projects that need worked on.
Then there is always something to learn on YouTube (HAHAHAHA).

Nov 17, 2011
Massachusetts
....between the constant and blatant Flopping.....the whiny tantrums the players have......and the blatant bias of the Refs.....the NBA is fucking unwatchable.

sandwarrior

Gunny Sergeant
Apr 21, 2007
in yooperland
I'm sick and tired of taxpayer money going towards professional sports teams. Example: In Minnesota they built the dome in downtown MSP for the Vikings and Twins. Saying it was going to raise revenue for the schools. They never paid the schools SHIT. Then the billionaire Pohlads get a $200m stadium built for them by the public for the Twins. Four years later, billionaire Ziggi Wilfe gets a $1B stadium complex built for him by the public. HORSE-SHIT!

I had a discussion with a co-worker one time who said that having professional sports teams was a "quality of life" thing and that we the taxpayers ought to fund it. Maybe those who want to watch the game can fund it. And those of us who think other things like medical/dental/eyecare are more important "quality of life" issues. And we can fund ourselves in that regard rather than the public paying to support millionaire players and billionaire owners.

Last edited:

lash

Swamp Rat
Sep 28, 2012
Central Florida
I'm sick and tired of taxpayer money going towards professional sports teams. Example: In Minnesota they built the dome in downtown MSP for the Vilings and Twins. Saying it was going to raise revenue for the schools. They never paid the schools SHIT. Then the billionaire Pohlads get a $200m stadium built for them by the public for the Twins. Four years later, billionaire Ziggi Wilfe gets a $1B stadium complex built for him by the public. HORSE-SHIT!

I had a discussion with a co-worker one time who said that having professional sports teams was a "quality of life" thing and that we the taxpayers ought to fund it. Maybe those who want to watch the game can fund it. And those of us who think other things like medical/dental/eyecare are more important "quality of life" issues. And we can fund ourselves in that regard rather than the public paying to support millionaire players and billionaire owners.
I totally agree. What they mean when the say it's a quality of life thing is that its a quantity of business thing. This sort of thing should never be financed by nor backed with bonds paid for by taxpayers. It's one of the more egregious examples of the tax and spend mentality that is a taken for granted SOP for politicians these days. Its what the swamp is all about.

Apr 23, 2010
Broadway NC,Sneads Ferry NC
Overpaid bozos that think because they have millions that their opinion is worth a shit and that being black is the hardest job in America. I wouldn't watch 10 seconds of any NBA game or the thug network ESPN. College not much different.

Rthur

Philomath
Apr 16, 2010
Divernon, Illinios
I'm sick and tired of taxpayer money going towards professional sports teams. Example: In Minnesota they built the dome in downtown MSP for the Vilings and Twins. Saying it was going to raise revenue for the schools. They never paid the schools SHIT. Then the billionaire Pohlads get a $200m stadium built for them by the public for the Twins. Four years later, billionaire Ziggi Wilfe gets a $1B stadium complex built for him by the public. HORSE-SHIT!

Couldn't agree more.
If they can afford to pay 100 million dollar contracts the taxpayers needn't be involved in the cost/construction of a sports arena.
The ticket price is the fee for attending a game.
Another boondoggle scam perpetrated onto the taxpayer by the local governments/big business.

R

sandwarrior

Gunny Sergeant
Apr 21, 2007
in yooperland
Couldn't agree more.
If they can afford to pay 100 million dollar contracts the taxpayers needn't be involved in the cost/construction of a sports arena.
The ticket price is the fee for attending a game.
Another boondoggle scam perpetrated onto the taxpayer by the local governments/big business.

R
What kills me is taxpayers, like my co-worker, who buy into it. Especially the "quality of life".

Last edited:

NY700

Sergeant
May 23, 2009
Dallas
Down here in texas the city of Arlington just passed a bill to fund a 1 billion dollar proposal to build a new stadium for the rangers. Now they have a new field, but amazingly they didn't realize the first time that fans didn't want to sit out in the sun in July in texas ?!? The city is kicking in $500 million. https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/te...gers-unveil-early-plans-new-arlington-stadium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BearNaked

Beer Saved The World
Feb 13, 2017
Texas
Quality of life? If you live such of a shitty life that you need sports to make your life happy then maybe you should be re-evaluating your life choices. I don't watch sports for the sole reason that I have many other things in life that provide far greater enjoyment then a bunch of over paid drama queens.

The NBA is just another night at the bar. 5 guys fighting 5 other guys for two girls. no thanks.
The NFL has been so watered down that if you hit too hard, you will get in trouble. So why in the fuck are they wearing pads?
Golf is just boring.
NASCAR is similar to asking how your womens day was. they just go around in circles and at the end of it, they didn't accomplish anything but yet I'm supposed to amused.
Tennis is similar to 2 old people fucking. one moves then groans, then the other one moves and groans. whoever cums first wins and the other is disappointed. unless one of then throws out a hip or ankle then no one wins.

Mike 556

Sergeant of the Hide
Jan 31, 2018
Northeast PA
Stopped following the NBA after the likes of Oscar Robinson, Jerry West, Hal Greer and Dr. J retired. Now it's nothing more than regurgitated rap music played out on a hardwood floor!
Mike

Skookum

Knuckle Dragger
May 6, 2017
I can't watch a game where it is literally possible for each team to score 50 times a game. Baseball is the opposite, it's like watching paint drying...or flies fucking. I'll never watch football again for obvious reasons.

The only sports worth watching are Hockey and UFC, at least it is a given that someone will get thier ass kicked.

BearNaked

Beer Saved The World
Feb 13, 2017
Texas
I can't watch a game where it is literally possible for each team to score 50 times a game. Baseball is the opposite, it's like watching paint drying...or flies fucking. I'll never watch football again for obvious reasons.

The only sports worth watching are Hockey and UFC, at least it is a given that someone will get thier ass kicked.
The way hockey is in the minor league's these days is more Euorpe style and they try really hard to stop the fighting. Which to me is the main reason for going. I grew up watching the san Antonio Iguanas and now its the rampage. last Rampage game I went to was only one fight. the old Iguanas days, there was a fight every period at least. still have my jersey from those days.

Top Bottom