Eberlestock Phantom, good to go?

Tango down

Dec 2, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Hello
To use as a range bag and/or a means to carry all gear an rifle to FFP, keeping hands free if any kind of crappy landscape, or/if some short climbing is required. Not planning on carrying gear/rifle for 20 miles but couple of miles is possible. For the ones who have/had one; what do you say?

SND

Private
Jul 7, 2006
Central Michigan
Good to go. Built solid but quite heavy all by itself. It was tough to get the rifle scabbard off the pack until the straps and loops broke in. I do carry all my stuff, including rifle in it to the ranges I frequent.

Tango down

Dec 2, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Good to go. Built solid but quite heavy all by itself. It was tough to get the rifle scabbard off the pack until the straps and loops broke in. I do carry all my stuff, including rifle in it to the ranges I frequent.
Thanks SND Sounds positive; not too many field tests on these; still gathering info.

mrtoyz

Armchair Commando
Jul 11, 2009
Western WA
We’ve got 2 of them. Very happy.
Sides work well with tripods
Very adjustable for fit
Dislikes:
All of your back padding is on the scabbard and not on the back pack
Heavy (though not enough for me not to like it)

Tango down

Dec 2, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks to all for info. Phantom arrived last week; perfect size. Heavy but sturdy, seems to carry well when loaded (range gear/ammo/TRG 42 338 muzzle up). Didn't get a chance to test it for long haul but for now no hot spot and no interference with legs when walking or jogging. Could be a keeper.

Top Bottom