DIY Brass Marker

kabarNC

Learning..
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
State line of the Carolinas
So what modeling/cad software did you use for this? Share the stl?
Any chance you are going to market the files or put this out for sale?
I'm more of an Autodesk guy lol. This design really had my Haas 5 axis working overtime.

Working on patents of hole design, placement, and product material now, and am planning on selling the product for a small fee of $189.99 ea. While supplies last..

Reactions: Rover31

Marksman66

Private
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2017
Serious question - I'm kind of new to reloading. Why mark your brass in this way? Just uniquely identifying it for the range or do the two lines provide some sort of information?

kabarNC

Learning..
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
State line of the Carolinas
Serious question - I'm kind of new to reloading. Why mark your brass in this way? Just uniquely identifying it for the range or do the two lines provide some sort of information?
Alot of us are into precision rifle competitions, where you and about 11 other guys are each shooting a 10 rd string, using the same props to shoot off of. This creates a pile of brass right there, and it's nice to be able to have an identifier on yours, and pick it out of the pile, knowing you got your own brass back.

Reactions: Russ B

Marksman66

Private
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2017
Got it. Thanks for the reply. I thought at first you were checking for case wear or something...still learning.

Frankk

Private
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2019
I typically weigh all my brass after I process it, and use a red sharpie to mark each brass with its weight. Besides obvious function for sorting, I find most useful thing is it identifies my brass.

Russ B

Private
Belligerents
Jul 20, 2014
Victoria tx
Alot of us are into precision rifle competitions, where you and about 11 other guys are each shooting a 10 rd string, using the same props to shoot off of. This creates a pile of brass right there, and it's nice to be able to have an identifier on yours, and pick it out of the pile, knowing you got your own brass back.
And alot of matchs don't give you a lot of time to find your brass in order to keep the match moving along

Reactions: Sam19kilo

Datsrboi

Ninja
Belligerents
Oct 15, 2011
DFW,TX USA
Have you guys had trouble cleaning the marker off in a tumbler? I find my tumbler wont take it all off and causes a light bump around the marker when i run my finger through it after tumbling. I have to sit there manually and scrub it off every time.

Banango

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2018
Abq nm
Have you guys had trouble cleaning the marker off in a tumbler? I find my tumbler wont take it all off and causes a light bump around the marker when i run my finger through it after tumbling. I have to sit there manually and scrub it off every time.
Swap to wet tumbling

Banango

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2018
Abq nm
Are you talking about wet media tumbling? I guess I started out with dry 15 years ago before all these other stuff really kicked off and just havnt purhase any new cleaning gear. I will take a look into it again
I don't use stainless pins or anything. Just harbor freight rock tumbler dawn dish soap and occasionally lemishine

Reactions: Datsrboi