Democrat celebrates with Palestinian flag..

supercorndogs

Ham Fisted Gorilla
Feb 17, 2014
After Tlaib won her primary race in August, she published several anti-Israel tweets, and re-tweeted a fan who declared that Tlaib’s “first fight was for Palestine, always Palestine.”

Wouldn't this make her ineligible for office?

FS1

Unbalanced
Mar 24, 2014
Earth
Just wait till she introduces legislation permitting Sharia law to be enforced in Muslim communities. They are patient and baby steps is their motus operandi

Veer_G

Cunning Linguist, Emeritus
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
After Tlaib won her primary race in August, she published several anti-Israel tweets, and re-tweeted a fan who declared that Tlaib’s “first fight was for Palestine, always Palestine.”

Wouldn't this make her ineligible for office?
It'd make her a damned liar.

The form of the oath has changed several times since that first act of Congress. During the Civil War, Congress mandated that the oath bar from office anyone who had been disloyal to the Union. Eventually, those elements of the “iron-clad” oath were dropped during revisions in 1868, 1871, and 1884. The oath used today has not changed since 1966 and is prescribed in Title 5, Section 3331 of the United States Code. It reads: “I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.” In contrast to the presidential oath, where it’s used only by tradition, the phrase “so help me God” has been part of the official oath of office for non-presidential offices since 1862.
"True faith and allegiance" doesn't allow one to serve two masters.

Jun 8, 2011
I have a HUGE issue with hyphenated Americans. That bullshit has done nothing but led to further division in the country. You are either American or not.

People like this piece of garbage that was elected in MI is just a snapshot of where this country is going and the issues we are facing. It is mind boggling that this terrorist supporting cunt was elected in the US.

Veer_G

Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
Ahhhhh. but muslim Takiya allows you to lie to infidels to advance the words of the prophet!
Heads I win, tails U lose.
I'm going to assume that, at least to them, you're a "person of The Book." We never got that "courtesy" and we never will.

Rthur

Philomath
Apr 16, 2010
Divernon, Illinios
It'd make her a damned liar.

"True faith and allegiance" doesn't allow one to serve two masters.
I appreciate your faith in these oaths but history has proven them to be all but a show.
Case study- Our previously elected "officials".
Replace the flag used with a confederate flag and imagine the MSM response.

R

Veer_G

Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
I appreciate your faith in these oaths but history has proven them to be all but a show.
Case study- Our previously elected "officials".
Replace the flag used with a confederate flag and imagine the MSM response.

R
What can I say? I guess I'm a throwback. Your word is your bond, be it before man or before God.

Veer_G

Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
Well, we can make it easy on everyone and send her back to Palestine... or have the Mossad come and do a rendition.

Enemies can be foreign, domestic or, in her case, both.

Wonder if we can trade her for someone?

Cheers,

Sirhr
We could use a good shortstop.