Dead air nomad or Q trash panda

Apr 4, 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
Been thinking about this too. Was leaning Nomad at first but I like the fact that the Trash Panda comes with two mounts. Also all my other rifle cans are Surefire so I am not invested in any of the other mounting options yet like KeyMo.

So I guess it comes down to what kind of guns you plan to run it on and how you want to mount it. Nomad works if you want direct thread on 5/8x24 but will need an adapter or mount for something else. With the Trash Panda put the Cherry Bombs on your 5.56 and the 5/8x24 stuff and repeat as necessary.

I have no experience though with the Cherry Bomb but for my uses the guns it would go on would be suppressed 100% of the time. Not sure how good Cherry Bomb works on precision rifle.

Feb 14, 2017
I have a thunder chicken and i have a trash panda in jail. I like the mounting system a lot. Simple, foolproof, works on 1/2x28 or 5/8x24. I think the nomad would be just as good of a can. It has some cool features. Just depends how you're going to use it. Probably can't go wrong either way.