CZ452 vs CZ455

Stag556

Sergeant of the Hide
Feb 10, 2017
As a lefty, my only option with CZ is the 452. With all the options and accessories seeming to be geared towards the 455, I'm curious whether the 452 would drop into some of the chassis options for the 455. I'd have to modify the chassis to accept a lefty bolt but I'm more curious as to whether they would be compatible.

Thanks

Feb 21, 2013
TEXAS
I am a lefty too, I have a 452. I thought the hole patterns were different 452-455, of course the comparison thread was all photobucket pictures.

Stag556

Sergeant of the Hide
Feb 10, 2017
I have an email into CZ regarding the question but haven't heard back yet. If they get back to me with a definitive answer, I'll post it. Unless someone here beats them to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stag556

Sergeant of the Hide
Feb 10, 2017
Thanks for the pics. Seems the 452 has a third action screw. No dice then.

Feb 21, 2013
TEXAS
The wood screw is the front screw on the 452.

In a chassis, you might be able to get away with drilling the extra hole right behind the mag and be good to go. The two mag wells look really close.

It looks like it's doable. Maybe hit up some of the CZ nuts at rimfire Centra to see if any of them have done it

Any pics of the chassis your looking at? You would have to counter bore the back screw hole to handle the dovetail nut for the 452 also.

Mr.BR

Private
Oct 5, 2017
455 is a single lug action as they dispensed with second locking lug of the 452 .
Also very agresssive cuts to barrel tenon to make 455 multicaliber are not too conductive to accuracy.
Single action screw on the 452 migth look bad but 50+ years of Czech rimfires and even competition rimfires seemed to get on with that quite well

452 is in all aspects a better rifle ,even tough 455 might look better finished

Attachments

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2013
West Babylon, NY
455 is a single lug action as they dispensed with second locking lug of the 452 .
Also very agresssive cuts to barrel tenon to make 455 multicaliber are not too conductive to accuracy.
Single action screw on the 452 migth look bad but 50+ years of Czech rimfires and even competition rimfires seemed to get on with that quite well

452 is in all aspects a better rifle ,even tough 455 might look better finished
The bottom second lug on a 452 is more of a guide then a locking lug. Out of the many I’ve seen in hand, 90+% of them both lugs will not make contact. The face of these lugs are tiny compared to the single lug on the 455. Even with both lugs making contact the 455’s single lug has just a hair more surface area. Point is 452 isn’t better due to this. The action on a 455 is overall more robust then a 452 but is it enough to say it will give an advantage? No. The other aspect that is argued over and over between the two is the method on which the barrel is attached. From the factory, the Barrels on the 455 are not machined to a Precision slip fit. With tolerances stacking, they all fall in specs but not so much ideal for accuracy. When the actions are heat treated things move so not everything is perfect. The 452 has a more solid attachment but these things ain’t Precision fit either. They ain’t truing these things during the barrel fitting process so the point here it’s all luck of the draw with whichever one you choose. The 455 has the advantage if your gonna build off of it. It’s easier and cheaper to do it. The Barrels on both rarely ever slug well and the leades in the Barrels almost always look like they where cut with a butter knife. At the end of the day out of the box these are sporting rifles made to hold enough accuracy to hunt small game. They will do 1/2”-1” out of the box at 50 yards with a impressive fit and finish for the money. The good news is the 455 can be modified to deliver one hole accuracy. It’s takes a custom fitted match barrel but the benefits are the cost, accuracy, and flawless feeding you will get from it. For the cash their is nothing better I know of that will hang with these all around as a tactical trainer.

Stag556

Sergeant of the Hide
Feb 10, 2017
I was looking at the KRG X-ray chassis. An email from them stated it will not work at all. I'm hoping CZ will eventually release a LH 455.

Vudoo gun works is releasing a LH version of their 22 action later this year but it's quite pricey

Feb 21, 2013
TEXAS
I was looking at the KRG X-ray chassis. An email from them stated it will not work at all. I'm hoping CZ will eventually release a LH 455.

Vudoo gun works is releasing a LH version of their 22 action later this year but it's quite pricey

I asked a couple years ago about the lefty 455 as prefits are easy to get. They said no plans. I still want a Stiller XR2500. But.....they said 50 would have to be sold to make a run of them.

I found the pictures of the 455 X-ray chassis, I see now why they said it wouldnt work, but im not totally convinced.....They may have just not wanted to deal with it. It would be nice to see a better picture of under it, It appears that the screw would need to go through near the front of the trigger guard.

Tucker301

Groundskeeper
Staff member
Feb 13, 2015
Southern VA
Anschutz does lefties as well.
As a seasoned lefthander it's not a big deal to me. I've been shooting wronghanded guns for so long they almost feel right.

Stag556

Sergeant of the Hide
Feb 10, 2017
Anschutz does lefties as well.
As a seasoned lefthander it's not a big deal to me. I've been shooting wronghanded guns for so long they almost feel right.
I initially tried that but the true lefties just feel so much better. That aside, my main reason for looking for a setup like this is to mimic my PRS rifle and is it for training and 22lr PRS style matches. I could just use a semi auto 22lr but I fee that defeats the purpose

Feb 21, 2013
TEXAS
That Vudoo looks awesome.

Another thought.... What about drilling/taping the location for the front screw like the 455? The receivers appear to be very similar with the exception of the screw locations and the dovetail nut for the back screw.

Then if the front screw was drilled and trapped, counter bore for the dove tail nut for the rear. I wonder why that wouldn't work. Not having a center screw doesn't look like it would be determent. Or ditch the dovetail nut and have both holes D/T like the 455.

Im going to look more into D/T like the 455 to be able to use the AICS style magazines in mine. That screw in the middle is what screwed me out of trying those mags.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2017
southern IL
i have a lh 452 and called MPA and tgey said no way would it work with their comp chassis. so i went with a boyds pro varmint and pillar bedded it. i would love to have a manners to match my dashers, but man thats a lot of dough for a 22 stock. the pro varmint has a similar shape to a t4 or mcmillan but is only about 150 dollars.

im going to rebarrel mine only because of the weight. would like it to be a litle heavier to match my dasher. shoots great though!

NOMAD

Team Blaster Shooter
Oct 7, 2001
Hugo
Great pics and great info. I have a CZ452 I use in 22BR porter class. They shoot great. I am going to build another Vudoo in lefty to use of .22BR.

I would compare the money to modify and tweak a CZ and see where you are. If only a few hundred off id buy once cry once and get the best. But thats just me

Top Bottom