CZ 455 "Tacticool" or wait for Tikka T1x

**DRB**

New Hide Member
Jan 29, 2018
Just like the title says, which one? I have my local gun shop that has a CZ455 Tacticool model in stock for a little over $500 or I can wait for the T1x. I'm looking to build a trainer for cheap practice while I wait for my PVA JH. This will also be used for my wife and kids to work on sone skills with, so I really don't want to spend $2k on a rim fire.

I like that potentially I can put the T1x in a KRG Bravo (pending a mag solution) but the CZ is more ready to go out of the box If it shoot straight.

Thoughts?

Jun 7, 2014
Carlisle Pa
The CZ455 has a pretty proven record and you can get plenty of parts from DIP for improvements in the future if you elect. I don't think you can can go wrong on either decision. Enjoy shooting with the kids.

I literally just went through this barely a month ago. I love Tikka rifles and have no doubt that the T1x is a fantastic rifle, especially considering it's supposed to fit into the same stocks as the T3's. But given the track record that the CZ has and that I could get it right away, I got the 455 Tacticool. Odds are you'll be just as happy either way you go, it's just a matter of how much patience you have.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2011
FINLAND
I have had one beautiful CZ-455 varmint, and i did build it to very good one and good shooting rifle.
But i had to make it to be good, most thing was the trigger, it is easy to do the normal unit to be a amazing, name of that is Youdave´s kit.
But the Tikka is stunning, because it has the same trigger what has in normal Tikka T3 rifle.
So if you have some other Tikka rifle, you go the same trigger in our both guns.
And T1X and T3/X Tikka use same chassis/stock, so you will be have very many other stock to use.
But both of them are great guns.

MTS308

New Hide Member
Mar 7, 2018
Columbia Ky
I used to have a cz 455 varmint 22lr that would drive tacks at 25y. Then I had a stupid moment and sold it to fund something else 😫Regretted it ever since and plan on owning another in the near future.

Feb 14, 2017
I have a CZ 455 Tacticool. It shoots well. I put an Atholon scope on it
and have shot it a lot.
We shoot off the porch at targets that are 85 yards away. With CCI quiet 22lr ammo I practice hold over and can watch the bullet hit the target.
The only other thing I would like to do to it is an adjustable comb.

Aug 8, 2017
Unfortunately I have zero experience with Tikka but with 4 CZ's I can give an opinion on them. I actually went through this process with a Tacticool almost a year ago. My Tacticool now is a sub moa rifle (with proper ammo) to 100 yds, out of the box it was not. Let's face it, in the bolt gun world 500$ is an entry point. The bones of a CZ are good but at that price point the fine details of a consistently accurate rifle are not there. You may "win the lottery" and get one that shoots right out the box, more likely you'll have to add a little work and a few $. By far the most common mods are:
* picatinny adapter rails for the 11mm dovetail rail on the receiver.
* Trigger mods, Yo Dave, DIP, Timney, CZ Fly.
* Pillar bedding.
I also added DIP bottom metal, forearm picatinny rail and Grovtec QD pots. In the end sitting close to $1000. I don't know what your end game is for this rifle or your definition of accurate enough but that's a common path for many. If you haven't found the CZ forum on Rimfire Central you can get tons of info there.
Best of Luck

Nov 23, 2017
Chandler, AZ
I have a CZ455 that started out as a Tacticool. I upgraded to a Manners stock only because I got a god deal on it. You could get a KRG for the 455 if that’s the chassis you want. If they come out with a Bravo Chassis I would probably try one.

My CZ shot great out of the box and I was splitting playing cards, matchsticks and toothpicks in short order.

The Tikka is appealing just too bad they are not readily avaialable yet.