Custom leatherwork for trade.

MTFalconer

Peckerhead on a mountain.
Mar 10, 2014
Little Belts, Montana
Gentleman, I make my living with custom leatherwork. Gun rigs, holsters, sheaths,cases,belts, rifle slings and pretty much anything else made of leather. Custom tooling on USMC or AMU type slings. I'm looking to generate some side work to purchase a new scope for a project rifle so I am offering services to members here. Lots of references and photos of past work. If you have an idea of something you would like to have made, I would like to discuss it with you. I have and use every exotic hide in the book including elephant hide. Here are some things I am looking for in addition to glass that I might be interested in trading for. Thanks in advance and let me know how what I can get going for you.

takeout threaded Remington 700 barrels
700 trigger assemblies
quality glass 10x

MTFalconer

Mar 10, 2014
Little Belts, Montana
Had some PM's asking for examples of my work so here are some random pictures of things I have made that might give you a good idea.

Attachments

MTFalconer

Mar 10, 2014
Little Belts, Montana
Here is a gun rig I just finished for a member here in a trade. I have a few things I still need so if you are interested in having something made up let me know. If it's made from leather, I can make it. Some things I am looking for in trade:

10x or higher optic for a backup rifle I am finishing.
Quality stock pack
AI short action mags.
Rifle bearing pack, prefer a smaller day pack. I will look at other small packs with molle loops on the back
other interesting trades. Folders, fixed blades....you never know.

Attachments

Feb 13, 2017
Wisconsin
I'm going to bump this up...I've had my 1911 holster for a couple of weeks now and I couldn't be happier with MTFalconer's work!!
Super comfortable to wear, looks great, and the gun draws beautifully :cool:
DW

MTFalconer

Mar 10, 2014
Little Belts, Montana
Thanks man! Love to see my work being used. Since my current fiasco with the theft of my stock by USPS, I am looking for a short action Remington stock....I'll make someone something really nice for one.

Aug 22, 2012
Houston tx
I have done my fair share of leather work myself and know the level of work that you have to put in to become skilled. That is excellent workmanship. You should be proud of your work. Not too many people can say they have skill in this craft anymore. Your products look great.

bulld

Oct 10, 2011
texas, fort worth
detroit....when did you talk to him? I traded him some stuff and he had been responding to my texts. he hasn't responded to my last one and I'm hoping nothing has happened to the guy.

bulld

Oct 10, 2011
texas, fort worth
If he was on yesterday then i presume all is well with him physically. It would be nice if he posted in this thread and just gave us some form of an update. Not trying to pester him but would like to be informed

Waorani

Back to the Island
Feb 14, 2017
Auburn, AL
No response to PM sent a week ago, no posts here since Nov, and the history of my initial discussion regarding our trade seems to be gone (maybe I deleted accidentally but don't think so). This isn't looking good.

May 24, 2013
WY
I wonder if we are the only four members in this boat, I would be happy if he would just send back my vintage Weaver 4x scope, Eberlestock F1 J Bag, scabbard, accessory pouch, Maxpedition pouch, and 2 large spotting scope cases...plus shipping the big box to Montana.

All that for for a leather scabbard for my old 30-30. I should have known better, but my experiences here on SH have been stellar - so this is an anomaly for me.

bulld

Oct 10, 2011
texas, fort worth
I sent him a ba barrel and handguard and a couple more ar items. he was communicating extremely well even sending me pics of his snowed in driveway. and then crickets... I just sent him another text so we'll see if he responds

May 24, 2013
WY
He was on SH again Feb 10, so we know he is most likely alive. He told me after the first delay to email his because he wasn’t able to get his pm’s. Been there done that, no email response for weeks.

Ridiculous - I just wish he would ship my stuff back.

bulld

Oct 10, 2011
texas, fort worth
I text him 2/13 asking for an update. He responded with "my stitcher is ready to pick up so i should have them out by the weekend". Did not receive items. Just sent him another text so we will see if he responds

May 24, 2013
WY
Hey View I would like to talk you out of that eberlestock when you get it back!😁 (I know I am a sorry bastard)
Don’t think I am going to see that eberlestock again (unless I take a 3 hour drive NWto get it)
I asked him along time ago to return everything and we would call things even...nothing but radio silence

May 24, 2013
WY
emailed him 11 days ago and got this reply:

Mar 7 (11 days ago)
to me

Yessir, my stitcher is finally back from repair and I am working through a huge pile of stuff right now.

Top Bottom