Crapping and CCW

hermosabeach

Everything is true on the internet- Abe Lincoln
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2012
Betty Ford Clinic

5th Rule of Gun Safety- don't lose it in the crapper

-- snip--
SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. (AP) — The chief of a California police department says she left her gun in a restroom and it was immediately stolen and now officials are looking for a man seen in restaurant surveillance video leaving shortly after the weapon vanished.

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Belligerents
Minuteman
It seems like an unusually high number of folks all over lose their guns in a public restroom. Every single gun board I have been on always had one or two people who admitted to putting their holstered pistols down on the toilet paper dispenser while answering the call of nature. Several were lucky. Had their pieces recovered and held by employees or security guards. A couple were not so lucky and now had to go through the whole nine yards of reporting it stolen.

Out of everything that is carried on my person, my CCW pistol, knife, wallet, keys, and phone are my top priorities. I subconsciously do mini-audits of these items every time I am taking or replacing something on my belt or in my pockets. I know, shit like this happens to the best of us, as some will say, but there should be no excuses.

Reactions: 2ndamendfan

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Belligerents
Minuteman
Hmmm. Vacuum shrink wrapped. What is the easy access time to ready?

I have a strong gut feeling that whoever is actually serious about that particular setup will also own a "battle-ready" katana and/or a set of ninja throwing stars too. These can be used to open the plastic in no time for use...

Reactions: lash

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Belligerents
Feb 23, 2010
The Snobbiest Town in The Snobbiest State in the N
I have a strong gut feeling that whoever is actually serious about that particular setup will also own a "battle-ready" katana and/or a set of ninja throwing stars too. These can be used to open the plastic in no time for use...
A shower katana... you are giving AJ ideas!

;-)

Sirhr

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 1, 2005
Dallas, TX
The old comic the army got done up for M16 training had the original waterproof gun sleeves depicted that you could shoot through in an emergency or tear open easily. Something like that for the shower could be interesting.

However I find a couple big dogs with loud barks should give you enough time to open the shower door and grab the pistol off the sink.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country

WNC Seabee

Private
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 4, 2014
Western NC
My wife is stil skeptical about "shower beer" being something I didn't just make up.

• Haha
Reactions: Blue Sky Country

Tims

Sergeant
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 7, 2008
Orange, California
What The Fuck was she doing in the men's restroom?
Around 2017 CA governor moonbeam (jerry brown) signed a law basically saying all public bathrooms are now unisex bathrooms. There are no more single sex bathrooms in public places like restaurants, government buildings or businesses.

Gunfighter14e2

Rusty Nail
Belligerents
Jul 9, 2002
Alabama
eHam.net

5th Rule of Gun Safety- don't lose it in the crapper

-- snip--
SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. (AP) — The chief of a California police department says she left her gun in a restroom and it was immediately stolen and now officials are looking for a man seen in restaurant surveillance video leaving shortly after the weapon vanished.
So which one identified with the other gender?

brianf

Private
Belligerents
Apr 8, 2010
NY
It seems like an unusually high number of folks all over lose their guns in a public restroom. Every single gun board I have been on always had one or two people who admitted to putting their holstered pistols down on the toilet paper dispenser while answering the call of nature. Several were lucky. Had their pieces recovered and held by employees or security guards. A couple were not so lucky and now had to go through the whole nine yards of reporting it stolen.

Out of everything that is carried on my person, my CCW pistol, knife, wallet, keys, and phone are my top priorities. I subconsciously do mini-audits of these items every time I am taking or replacing something on my belt or in my pockets. I know, shit like this happens to the best of us, as some will say, but there should be no excuses.
...thats because your not a idiot...

flip side is, how secure is your CCW to begin with
if you unzip your pants and the damn thing get lost what happens if you actually get knocked over