Counterfeit Spuhr Mount?

simpy16

Private
Belligerents
Feb 21, 2017
Boise, ID
Does anyone have any knowledge of counterfeit Spuhr Mounts, or possibly know anything about early generation ISMS mounts?

I had two Spuhr mounts show up today, one has the model on the side, the Patent No, as well as the MIL/MOA markings and SPUHR logo. The other only has the MIL/MOA and SPUHR logo on it. There are no numbers next the rail clamp and the bubble level is green instead of white.

I have another Spuhr that is a few years old but it matches the one with additional markings and white bubble.

Can someone help me out to know if I have 1 knockoff or if it just an early model Spuhr ISMS model

Spblademaker

Don’t tell my wife
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 24, 2017
Where did you order them from and did you contact them and Spuhr?

craigos

craigos from Scout 2015
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
PNW
Ping Hakan Spuhr on FB .. am sure he will respond once he returns from SHOT

goosed

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
May 11, 2014
MN
Not sure if he visits much any more, but you could try contact him through here as well @Spuhr

hk dave

Optics Fiend
Belligerents
Jun 7, 2011
So CA
Looks like a 1st gen Mount. Early on the mounts didn’t have the fancy rounding. They were blocky.

In the morning, I’ll take a look in my safe and see if I still have one. I’m not 100% sure but I do remember a difference in design between what I purchased many years ago to recently.

Reactions: craigos

simpy16

Private
Belligerents
Feb 21, 2017
Boise, ID
Looks like a 1st gen Mount. Early on the mounts didn’t have the fancy rounding. They were blocky.

In the morning, I’ll take a look in my safe and see if I still have one. I’m not 100% sure but I do remember a difference in design between what I purchased many years ago to recently.
That would be huge. It doesn't look cheap, just different and I have never seen one like it, as well as having trouble finding examples online.

goosed

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
May 11, 2014
MN
I have one that has "patent pending" on the opposite end as the cant info, but don't recall ever seeing one without the part # on the side...

Color me intrigued in what you find out :unsure:

Last edited:

hk dave

Optics Fiend
Belligerents
Jun 7, 2011
So CA
If you look at the older one of mine, you’ll notice one of the rings doesn’t have markings. One was replaced. I don’t recall if it was the one with markings or without that was replaced but there was a batch of rings with issues back then and Hakan Spuhr sent me a replacement.

hk dave

Optics Fiend
Belligerents
Jun 7, 2011
So CA
Will check again tomorrow. Pretty sure yours is real.

Can’t imagine someone going to the lengths of machining to the quality of the one in your photos for a fake.

Vargmat

Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 17, 2013
Sweden
It's legit, just a bit old. I have had one or two of those earlier ones, before the extra machining was done.

goosed

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
May 11, 2014
MN
OP can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the concern here is the more blocky design or even whether or not it looks like a Spuhr.

I think the concern is that some of the markings inherent to most if not all all legit Spuhr mounts are missing. Namely the part # on the side of the mount and the batch number/letter on the rings.

Vargmat

Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 17, 2013
Sweden
Spuhr added more numbers as the years went by. The NATO code numbers on appropriate mounts were also added not too long ago.
There was not a gazillion different mounts from the get go, so there were probably no need to put a lot of numbers on them. And every added number is added machine time, and that time cost money.

DDT

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2018
Europe
1st gen of ISIS mount was prone to crack on rings (at outer screw holes where is no enough material left).

Hollywood 6mm

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Dec 9, 2013
Flori-duh.
1st gen of ISIS mount was prone to crack on rings (at outer screw holes where is no enough material left).
I cracked one in exactly that spot, actually. I contacted Mile High and they replaced both the front and rear caps at no charge.