Colorado PRS Rimfire Matches

Apr 12, 2005
East Africa
Starting 30 Sept, Pikes Peak Practical Shooters and Hosers Steel are getting together to start running rimfire PRS matches in Pueblo Colorado.

We will run them on the 4th or 5th weekend.

Expect 8-10 stages, close target around 50 yards and the far target around 220 yards. All steel targets ranging in size from 2-4 MOA.

Maximum round count will be 100 rounds.

The morning match will remain a mostly prone match that will start at 9:00 and sight-in can start as soon as the match is set up. The PRS match is a separate match and will start as soon as the morning match is over, but no later than noon.

If you shoot both the morning and afternoon match the fee is $20. If you just shoot the PRS match it is $15.

As of right now, space is limited to 20 shooters. I will post more info as it gets closer on how to sign up.

2017 dates are

30 Sept
29 Oct
26 Nov
30 Dec

Dates for 2018

28 Jan
25 Feb
31 Mar
29 Apr
29 Jul
29 Sep
25 Nov
29 Dec

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2005
East Africa
So for the first rimfire PRS match in Colorado the 40X Mafia took away top honors with Team CZ hot on their heels. Many congrats to TimK on his high score of 68 out of a possible 79 hits. His Elrod converted 40X absolutely hammered the targets.

Results avail at https://practiscore.com/results/html/a0e3f279-bf27-45e9-acdc-f602265a6473

The next match is 29 Oct. Same same. Belly match from 9-12 and PRS from 12-3.

Oleshep

Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
Starting 30 Sept, Pikes Peak Practical Shooters and Hosers Steel are getting together to start running rimfire PRS matches in Pueblo Colorado.

We will run them on the 4th or 5th weekend.

Expect 8-10 stages, close target around 50 yards and the far target around 220 yards. All steel targets ranging in size from 2-4 MOA.

Maximum round count will be 100 rounds.

The morning match will remain a mostly prone match that will start at 9:00 and sight-in can start as soon as the match is set up. The PRS match is a separate match and will start as soon as the morning match is over, but no later than noon.

If you shoot both the morning and afternoon match the fee is $20. If you just shoot the PRS match it is $15.

As of right now, space is limited to 20 shooters. I will post more info as it gets closer on how to sign up.

2017 dates are

30 Sept
29 Oct
26 Nov
30 Dec
What is the Course of Fire for your two matches?

Apr 12, 2005
East Africa
What is the Course of Fire for your two matches?
The morning match is traditionally a prone match with several banks of targets from 50-220 yards. The average target size is 1.5 - 2.5 MOA. We also include a TYL rack at 50 yards that goes from 2 inches to .25 inches. 88 total shots max.

The noon PRS match is a typical PRS match with barricades, barrels, roof tops, sticks, ect. Target distances go from 50-220 yards. This month we had a TYL rack at 160 yards, large target was 4.5 inches and the small was 1 inch. We have a spinner we will use some months and a mover as well. Average round count is 75-90 rounds.

The prone match is $10 and the PRS is $15. $20 if you shoot both.

Oleshep

Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
The morning match is traditionally a prone match with several banks of targets from 50-220 yards. The average target size is 1.5 - 2.5 MOA. We also include a TYL rack at 50 yards that goes from 2 inches to .25 inches. 88 total shots max.

The noon PRS match is a typical PRS match with barricades, barrels, roof tops, sticks, ect. Target distances go from 50-220 yards. This month we had a TYL rack at 160 yards, large target was 4.5 inches and the small was 1 inch. We have a spinner we will use some months and a mover as well. Average round count is 75-90 rounds.

The prone match is $10 and the PRS is $15. $20 if you shoot both.
Thank you I did see that information in your original posting.

I assume there is an engagement time limit to ring a certain amount of targets? Hit/Miss with a fixed amount of shots or timed stage with as many rounds as you need? Those are the type of details i was looking for. Sorry if these are obvious PRS questions but I have not shot the format before but was interested in giving this match a try. I have a .22LR Service Rifle practice upper with a 10x mounted on it that may work. If there is a match flyer or a weblink I can read up on that would be great.

thank you.

Apr 12, 2005
East Africa
Thank you I did see that information in your original posting.

I assume there is an engagement time limit to ring a certain amount of targets? Hit/Miss with a fixed amount of shots or timed stage with as many rounds as you need? Those are the type of details i was looking for. Sorry if these are obvious PRS questions but I have not shot the format before but was interested in giving this match a try. I have a .22LR Service Rifle practice upper with a 10x mounted on it that may work. If there is a match flyer or a weblink I can read up on that would be great.

thank you.
There is a time limit. 90 seconds for most stages.

Most stages are limited to 10 rounds in mags. Most targets are one shot per target, hit or miss move on to the next.

I am also thinking about trying my CLE upper one of these months.

This link might help. https://www.ar-15.co/forums/114-Shooting-Sports-and-Events

Oleshep

Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
There is a time limit. 90 seconds for most stages.

Most stages are limited to 10 rounds in mags. Most targets are one shot per target, hit or miss move on to the next.

I am also thinking about trying my CLE upper one of these months.

This link might help. https://www.ar-15.co/forums/114-Shooting-Sports-and-Events
perfect.. Thank you. I will read through your linked thread and see if I have any more questions.

If I can get the grandparents out of the house after turkey day I may look at coming down on the 26th.. :)

Oleshep

Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
Registration for next Sundays Rimfire Precision and PRS matches is open now.

Sign up via practiscore at this link. https://practiscore.com/clubs/hosers-steel
Hoser

I signed up for the morning match and would not mind possibly shooting the afternoon as well but I am not sure what additional equipment I might need? Do you provide a range card for both matches or do I need to range targets? Will I need shooting sticks or other specialized equipment for the afternoon match? Any other items I should consider?

Please let me know. Looking forward to meeting your crew on Sunday.

thanks

Apr 12, 2005
East Africa
Hoser

I signed up for the morning match and would not mind possibly shooting the afternoon as well but I am not sure what additional equipment I might need? Do you provide a range card for both matches or do I need to range targets? Will I need shooting sticks or other specialized equipment for the afternoon match? Any other items I should consider?

Please let me know. Looking forward to meeting your crew on Sunday.

thanks
Target distances for both matches is provided.

For the PRS match bring sticks, rear bag and a pack. A sling is not mandatory, but might be helpful.

Apr 12, 2005
East Africa
Registration is open for next Saturdays matches at this link. https://practiscore.com/clubs/hosers-steel

Please note that there are TWO matches scheduled. The prone match at 9:00 and the PRS match at noon. If you want to shoot both, please sign up for both.

Space is limited. Hurry up. If the match is full, no walk ins.

Set up starts at 7:30 and sight in can start as soon as things are set up. The more people that help, the sooner we can start...

Have a good Christmas.

Apr 12, 2005
East Africa
Some pics from last Sunday...

VTAC Barricade with a bolt gun looks easy. Its also a good way to remove scope caps if you put the scope through the port...
IMG_3553.JPG

IMG_3558.JPG

Shooting a KYL rack at 50 yards also seems easy, until you have to do it off the top of a barrel.
IMG_3560.JPG IMG_3562.JPG

Pedro and his new Annie killing the spinner.
IMG_3564.JPG

One of 2 Vudoos at the match getting some offhand and sitting in. The target was a full size steel IPSC at 220 yards. If you look real close at the top picture, just forward of the puff of smoke, you can make out the grey line that I am 99% positive is the bullet. Not bad for an old man driving an old iPhone.
IMG_3567.JPG IMG_3568.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2005
East Africa
The noon PRS Match... In a continuing effort to always improve our match, we have added a stage to this match.

The west stages finish up sooner and to keep people from getting bored, we added a stage to help balance out the timeline.

The west side (stages 1-5) will be mostly prone with shots out to 200 where the east side (stages 6-9) will be mostly positional.

You can plan on a few of the normal stages. Mover, Spinner, KYL/TYL, Standing Sticks. The other stages are going to be different each month.

As always, the morning match will be prone with tougher targets.

Apr 12, 2005
East Africa
Apr 12, 2005
East Africa
The morning match filled up fast. The PRS match only had a few openings left.

A few pictures from the morning prone match. I failed to get any pics from the noon PRS match.

Scooter would use a borrowed Vudoo and Eley Red to win both matches. Solid shooting buddy.

We used our KYL Hostage target for the PRS match.

Isabel scoring for her pop. Quality father and daughter time. Isabel would solidly beat her pop by 5 points.
fullsizeoutput_39c.jpeg

Scott and his new Vudoo shooting next to Mike and his CZ-455.
fullsizeoutput_39f.jpeg

Jim and Dana crunching numbers for their Vudoos. 6 people out of 25 were using Vudoos and 3 more were shooting Elrod 40Xs.
IMG_4056.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom