Cerakote Microslick review?

74gtf100

Private
Belligerents
May 6, 2017
Mexico, MO
I have a R700 action that I had trued and had a barrel spun up for it but the parkerized finish is kinda rough. Considering having it microslick coated but curious if those who have had it done have seen a noticable difference

gnochi

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 6, 2019
Orange County, CA
Parkerizing is rough in part because it doesn’t do well on polished surfaces. One of the things properly applied microslick does is smooth everything down entirely. I expect that it would stick fairly well to the parkerized surfaces but I have zero personal experience with it.

I’d be interested in hearing your results!

As an alternative, you could soak the action in CLP for a few days then wipe it dry, and you’d probably running smooth for a long time.

kriller134

Private
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jul 9, 2017
orange county, ca
I tried it on my bcg and it works pretty well. I don’t lube it and it runs no problems. It also cleans up really easy, but no experience on a bolt action.

74gtf100

Private
Belligerents
May 6, 2017
Mexico, MO
Parkerizing is rough in part because it doesn’t do well on polished surfaces. One of the things properly applied microslick does is smooth everything down entirely. I expect that it would stick fairly well to the parkerized surfaces but I have zero personal experience with it.

I’d be interested in hearing your results!

As an alternative, you could soak the action in CLP for a few days then wipe it dry, and you’d probably running smooth for a long time.
I do lube the bolt body and behind the lugs to help is feel smoother