Central Florida Members?

Cfshooter

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2019
Right now some private land but only out to 550 yards. Hopefully will be checking out Ares in Leesburg soon.

DustBun

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2018
Ocala, FL
I am in the "Sl-Ocala" area. It is North Central.

I did not know about Ares, thanks. I have been meaning to go to Bradford Sportsmen Farm, it goes out to 900 yrds.

ChipC7

Private
Minuteman
May 27, 2018
I'm in Deltona, FL. I shoot at the Volusia Gun & Hunt Club. They have two rifle ranges 300 & 1000 yds

Reactions: Cfshooter

Trek

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2019
Good range, friends of mine run it. Make sure you check if the range is open before making that long hike.
I did not know about this range… I joined a mailing list but appears like it’s closed for renovations… Does anybody have any updates? Relocating to the Villages shows the driving time is only 40 minutes… It would be perfect!

caliglockleet

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2019
Orlando, FL
I did not know about this range… I joined a mailing list but appears like it’s closed for renovations… Does anybody have any updates? Relocating to the Villages shows the driving time is only 40 minutes… It would be perfect!
Yes they were recently closed for a permitting thing / renovations and they were also doing a private sniper class / tourney.

Cfshooter

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2019
On April 11th they said they were hoping to open by May 1st, but the last update from their mailing list didn’t sound too promising as they are waiting on permits to be approved.

Reactions: Trek

Basher

I fly stuff and I know things.
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Dec 13, 2004
Chandler AZ, USA
Is this where I tag in to get notifications for the “Florida Man Precision Rifle Challenge?” :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Floglock

lash

Swamp Rat
Belligerents
Sep 28, 2012
Central Florida
Yep! Come on down in July and shoot a one day PRS match. We'll do our best to throw in some Florida color, and if you’re lucky, you’ll get some cow shit to go with the bull shit.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Queequeg and Basher

DustBun

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2018
Ocala, FL
Sorry for the following stupid question but I am "new" to shooting and would like to observe this event and learn. Do I have to be a member to watch? Can people just come and watch and ask the professionals questions? I didn't see anything on the link above mentioning this. Thanks.

RollinCoal11

Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 28, 2010
GA
Depends on what you’re looking for. Ares looks cool but it’s only open certain days at certain times. I’ve been considering joining the Volusia range. Has 1000Y range but it’s over an hour each way. CFRP is open seven days a week and is only ten min’s away . I go during the week so pretty much have the range to my self. They have a great live action range for when you want to practice 3 gun stuff. This range is great for when you’re short on time and want to get a quick practice session in or work up a quick load for the PR. Down side is it only goes to 300y. I will be joining the Volusia range at some point

Last edited:

caliglockleet

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2019
Orlando, FL
Depends on what you’re looking for. Ares looks cool but it’s only open certain days at certain times. I’ve been considering joining the Volusia range. Has 1000Y range but it’s over an hour each way. CFRP is open seven days a week and is only ten min’s away . I go during the week so pretty much have the range to my self. They have a great live action range for when you want to practice 3 gun stuff. This range is great for when you’re short on time and want to get a quick practice session in or work up a quick load for the PR. Down side is it only goes to 300y. I will be joining the Volusia range at some point

There is a 1.5 mile range across from Volusia, cant remember the name of it.

lash

Swamp Rat
Belligerents
Sep 28, 2012
Central Florida
There is a 1.5 mile range across from Volusia, cant remember the name of it.
It’s in the south side of SR44 in Omega Ranch, but it is not a range that you can join or even contact to pay and shoot. It’s used occasionally by some of us when there is a sponsored access at $75 per person for the day and you have to shoot the targets at incremental ranges as the rest of the 5-6 shooters progress. It can be frustrating if you’re dialed in and want to put rounds on targets at 1760-2200 yards, but you spend the whole day getting back to the 1760 position at 1:30-2:00. At that time, the heat and mirage make things tougher and it’s almost time to pack it in due to agreements with the landowner.

There are a few of us that would really like better access to this range, but so far just a couple individuals control access and their focus is high end ELR system customers only.

Floglock

Lightly carbonated, serve chilled
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 30, 2018
FL
Hollywood Tactical in Okeechobee goes out to 1000. It’s $50/day, pretty sure it’s only open weekends.

Wannashootit

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Sep 3, 2010
FL
JTAC has finally updated their Facebook page with all sorts of detailed membership pricing, but I still don't see any word on actually opening or if they ever got their road issues resolved.

anyone have more info on JTAC? Was at Manatee a few weeks ago and the RSO was talking about them opening up a small cut through the 300 berm down tbe old "ditch" to 1k again but I'll believe it when I see it...

Reactions: shotdown

TuskenRaider

I Hit Dingers
Online Training Access
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2018
JTAC has finally updated their Facebook page with all sorts of detailed membership pricing, but I still don't see any word on actually opening or if they ever got their road issues resolved.

anyone have more info on JTAC? Was at Manatee a few weeks ago and the RSO was talking about them opening up a small cut through the 300 berm down tbe old "ditch" to 1k again but I'll believe it when I see it...
Their facebook page seems to be where they put out updates. About a month ago they put out the tentative pricing/membership as well as saying they are trying to open in less than 4 months. They also made a post about a week ago asking people to email them if they are interested in membership. I guess they are doing limited membership at first so it's going to be first come first serve.

Mike Casselton

Trunk Monkey
Belligerents
Nov 25, 2007
Lithia, FL
Their facebook page seems to be where they put out updates. About a month ago they put out the tentative pricing/membership as well as saying they are trying to open in less than 4 months. They also made a post about a week ago asking people to email them if they are interested in membership. I guess they are doing limited membership at first so it's going to be first come first serve.

I emailed them over a week ago requesting more information.
Crickets...