CB Radio.

Jscb1b

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2018
With all the talk of booging coming soon, there is talk about coms. What about cb radio? I know there is limited range and no security. Can it be used as a starting point?

Reactions: PMCfighter

Alpine 338

Lumberjack
Belligerents
Jun 26, 2010
NW Colorado
Right now, with they way the Sun Spot cycle is, CB is dead. You can still use it for short distance, but hardly anyone is using the band anymore. Maybe some truckers still? I read an article on the latest Cannonball Run record being broken, and what those guys used. They said they took a CB radio along, and said it was totally useless.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer

PMCfighter

The Reaper
Minuteman
May 15, 2019
Texas
Maybe for some it’s only short but I run a big a$$ radio and a massive mall dropping amp. I get out an easy 40 miles. Red neck cell phones are absolutely the way to go! Your cell phone will be worthless, there will be no FaceTime etc. BIG mud duck crushing CBs are absolutely necessary and the way to go.

Gunfighter14e2

Rusty Nail
Belligerents
Jul 9, 2002
Alabama
eHam.net
With all the talk of booging coming soon, there is talk about coms. What about cb radio? I know there is limited range and no security. Can it be used as a starting point?
No, mainly because of the two defects you listed. Now if you have the ability to tweak the freqs a little they will do a little better. It's not hard to do either.