CA confiscating everything now...?

goatboy

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2018
Anyone know where I can get a good price on some 10-12" PVC end caps? I have a few plumbing projects I need to finish up.
So here's a thing. If red flag laws aren't accompanied by a seriously strong dose of due process, that kind of comment, elliptical and undirected as it is, could trigger your name being flagged...

Reactions: deersniper

johnnycat

Southpaw Shooter
Belligerents
Feb 2, 2011
Tupelo, MS
So here's a thing. If red flag laws aren't accompanied by a seriously strong dose of due process, that kind of comment, elliptical and undirected as it is, could trigger your name being flagged...
I'm sure it does, but with all the NFA items, CCW permit, multiple gun purchases, membership in GOA/NRA - I'm already on watch lists.

And I have some bad news - you are too.

myronman3

deez nutz
Belligerents
Mar 24, 2017
Ft. Benning School for Wayward Boys
June 25th 1934, I could buy a M2 50 cal, a BAR and supress them at my local Ace Hardware, thats was the last day we were actually free. June 26th they removed our freedoms with the NFA.

in your lifetime, wildman. i knew someone would give me an absurd answer. thanks for proving me right.

i’ve been alive 46 years and as a gun nut, there has NEVER been this many options for firearms EVER. i do agree that i think suppressor and full auto laws ought to be quashed....but i do believe in a few more years that is very likely to become a reality.

ArmyJerry

PoPo's Conscience
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2012
if you think thats an absurd answer you will spend your life fighting wind mills there Don Quixote

myronman3

deez nutz
Belligerents
Mar 24, 2017
Anyone know where I can get a good price on some 10-12" PVC end caps? I have a few plumbing projects I need to finish up.
And then there is this guy. Some of Yall better pull your heads out of your ass. This is EXACTLY the kind of SHIT that weak minds come up with. Some dipshit pulls something like this, and everyone on this board is going to have their rights infringed at some level.

let me outright say to @johnnyca, go join antifa if that is your way of thinking. We dont need or want shit like that on this side. we are on the correct side of the constitution. Dont be a cunt. Dont spread coward cunt ideas. go take a fucking walk and look at the birds singing, families playing and enjoying life. You need to Change your perspective.

Last edited:

ArmyJerry

PoPo's Conscience
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2012
Just pointing out the cause, the original sin, you can fight the effect or the cause, I am not lookin for agreement or even disagreeing with you, the NFA needs to be done away with to fix the issues you are concerned with , just like prohibition of the 20's.

johnnycat

Southpaw Shooter
Belligerents
Feb 2, 2011
Tupelo, MS
And then there is this guy. Some of Yall better pull your heads out of your ass. This is EXACTLY the kind of SHIT that weak minds come up with. Some dipshit pulls something like this, and everyone on this board is going to have their rights infringed at some level.

let me outright say to @johnnyca, go join antifa if that is your way of thinking. We dont need or want shit like that on this side. we are on the correct side of the constitution. Dont be a cunt. Dont spread coward cunt ideas. go take a fucking walk and look at the birds singing, families playing and enjoying life. You need to Change your perspective.
Perhaps you are the one in need of getting your head out of your ass if you think we are winning. Where are we "winning"? We aren't winning in states that have enacted "assault weapons" bans. We aren't winning in states that have enacted magazine bans. We aren't winning in states where all your firearms are confiscated because some student claims he's going to steal your guns and use them in a crime (So we took advantage of that extreme risk order statute that was passed.). We are one election away from a permanent weapons ban. Maybe your are putting your faith in the Supreme Court - I hope when the time comes they will uphold 2A but I was optimistic about Obamacare being overturned too.

So maybe I am paranoid. I'm sure there were some people in Germany in the 1930's who were told to relax as well.

myroman3_relax.jpg

myronman3

deez nutz
Belligerents
Mar 24, 2017
But even back then, there was no where near the choices in caliber or platforms that we have available today. I think in the struggle to defend our rights, we overlook that.

i get angry at my great grandparents and grandparents, and even my parents for allowing this shit to be implimented in the first place. A lot of those generations were sheep; evidenced by the laws they let pass. I see the tide going the other way these days. There are still those fucks looking to control us, but ask yourself, what are they really going to accomplish?
Dianne fenstien just intro-ed some legislation to ban this or that. It has zero chance of going anywhere. And you know what she accomplished by introducing it? increased gun sales. that’s it. she has caused more guns to be sold. nothing else.

ArmyJerry

PoPo's Conscience
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2012
well thats because men were men and didnt need any caliber between 22 and 30-06

myronman3

deez nutz
Belligerents
Mar 24, 2017
So, johnnycat....enlighten me.....

what exactly is your little plumbing project going to accomplish?

i view your comments as smart ass, gutless bullshit. 100% weaksauce. Those who yap the loudest do the least. That’s what i have seen in life. Alligator mouth.....tissue paper asshole.

Threadcutter308

Outlier
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Camano Island, Washington
he does have a point, when I lived in Texas in 81 you could not carry a pistol and it was a hard left state so things do change.
"A hard left state" ?.......:unsure:

AJ, not at all trying to be a smartass here. I'd like to hear more of your perspective on this, if you don't mind. Seems counterintuitive, so it seems there are things I don't know about.

myronman3

deez nutz
Belligerents
Mar 24, 2017
And to be 100% clear, the ONLY thing i am challenging you to do, is think before you type/talk. Call me whatever you want, that is fairplay. But dont promote the other shit you said. Ever. Some dim bulb might read that shit and it might egg them on. I am praying you aint one of those dim bulbs.

ArmyJerry

PoPo's Conscience
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2012
I an an freedom loving american that took and oath, simple as that, I fear nothing, like said above I been around long enough to see the pendulum swing, all though the swings are getting longer and longer, I live by the Constitution and the Constitution only so stop shaking in your boots there bitch boy.

myronman3

deez nutz
Belligerents
Mar 24, 2017
The point is....guys, look at your lifetime. Think about how things are now, and how they have been. Yes, there are places things are way fucked up. And yes, we need to fight that shit.

But just to keep it real....the vast majority of us, right now, i will say have more choices in weapons, and are able to exercise our rights more than ever before in our lifetimes.

we have to keep fighting, and we have to stay vigilant. All i am saying, is be honest and keep things in true perspective.

ArmyJerry

PoPo's Conscience
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2012
yeah it was pretty leftist then. dem after dem as governor. The state turned repub after reagan cam in. never forget where LBJ came from.

"A hard left state" ?.......:unsure:

AJ, not at all trying to be a smartass here. I'd like to hear more of your perspective on this, if you don't mind. Seems counterintuitive, so it seems there are things I don't know about.

Threadcutter308

Outlier
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Camano Island, Washington
yeah it was pretty leftist then. dem after dem as governor. The state turned repub after reagan cam in. never forget where LBJ came from.
No, I'm definitely in the know about LBJ.....

I just have been of the impression that Texas has been redneck conservative (and I mean both those terms with the best of intentions) forever. If it wasn't for the heat/humidity, I'd entertain the idea of moving there. I was born and raised in Washington state and I (actually) like our weather, the mountains and the salt water. Moderately cold in the winter, plenty of snow in the mountains and warm (not overbearingly so) in the summer. Gawd, if we could just get some conservative candidates elected and break this vicious cycle.

Thx for the update (y);)

wilson1911

Private
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Aug 6, 2012
Oklahoma
The second amendment does not give you a right to own a gun, It gives every citizen the right to have/keep/wear arms. All of this is giving voice to our natural GOD given rights. This goes much further than a mere firearm. No one seems to talk about this point tho.

When you have many founders of this country explicitly stating than an average citizen should be armed to the teeth, where does this leave room regulation ??? as stated by so many politicians. They all go on and on about how the law states they can do this or that....but always seem to forget the law that states "shall" which is an absolute in legal language for hundreds of years.

When the courts say the same thing as politicians, well there just on the same team. There is no where in the constitution granting powers to the fed govt to regulate arms.

Having to do more with the OP stated in this thread is......

Article 1 - The Legislative Branch
Section 10 - Powers Prohibited of States
No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation.........pass any Bill of ex post facto Law.

Reactions: ArmyJerry

ArmyJerry

PoPo's Conscience
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2012
Until recent history Texas has been a pretty hard scrabble poor state , fervent breeding ground for progressives.The only real conservatives were Texicans, cowboys and black baptist Sharecroppers. Texas has a pretty neat history, great in many good ways and just as great in its badness.

Last edited:

johnnycat

Southpaw Shooter
Belligerents
Feb 2, 2011
Tupelo, MS
I've been out of the house for a few hours and about to leave again but let me catch up...

he does have a point, when I lived in Texas in 81 you could not carry a pistol and it was a hard left state so things do change.
I will concede that some carry laws in some states are better. In my state we do have better carry laws. In my particular state I'm not sure if that was a change in the law or a new law that just reaffirmed an existing right, but at any rate I do feel more comfortable carrying. We also have a new law where I took a bullshit pistol course where I didn't learn anything, but having the certificate allows me to carry virtually everywhere. We also have the Castle Doctrine and some states have Stand Your Ground Laws. So - yes - that is an improvement in those states. However, it still varies state to state as some states actually have fewer rights now. Until we have national reciprocity (which has zero chance of passing now with a Dem House) it will continue to vary state-to-state. And once again, we are one election away from having those rights stripped by a superseding federal law.

johnnycat

Southpaw Shooter
Belligerents
Feb 2, 2011
Tupelo, MS
But even back then, there was no where near the choices in caliber or platforms that we have available today. I think in the struggle to defend our rights, we overlook that.

i get angry at my great grandparents and grandparents, and even my parents for allowing this shit to be implimented in the first place. A lot of those generations were sheep; evidenced by the laws they let pass. I see the tide going the other way these days. There are still those fucks looking to control us, but ask yourself, what are they really going to accomplish?
Dianne fenstien just intro-ed some legislation to ban this or that. It has zero chance of going anywhere. And you know what she accomplished by introducing it? increased gun sales. that’s it. she has caused more guns to be sold. nothing else.
Yes we have more choice in the marketplace. Maybe we are talking about two different things as I am talking about legislative and judicial restrictions of freedoms. Everyone (including my beloved HK) is making a polymer striker fired pistol these days chasing Glock. [Have you tried the HK VP9 - it is freaking sweet! I tried not to like to because it is striker fired and I am a nostalgic hammer guy, but it is nice] The AR platform has many options and makers - but at the same time there are several models available in Europe that can not be imported or are too much trouble to be feasible.

It sounds like you and I are similar ages. I never experienced the the pre-Hughes ammendment world where the $200 tax stamp was the expensive part. In much of my adulthood we had the 1994 AWB, which thankfully went away in 2004 so compared to then - yes life is great. Once again - we are one election away from Senator Feinstein's permanent ban.

johnnycat

Southpaw Shooter
Belligerents
Feb 2, 2011
Tupelo, MS
So, johnnycat....enlighten me.....

what exactly is your little plumbing project going to accomplish?

i view your comments as smart ass, gutless bullshit.
Yes - 100% smart ass.

What will it accomplish? It would ensure that one has a weapon when it is time to fight.

For the record - I haven't buried anything. I truly don't think anyone is going to knock on my door (or bust it down) and take away my forearms, but it would be naive to think that it could never happen.

To be honest, when I typed that I was expecting someone to say the old line that when it is time to bury your firearms the time to use them has passed, or something similar. You kinda posted the exact opposite.

johnnycat

Southpaw Shooter
Belligerents
Feb 2, 2011
Tupelo, MS
i view your comments as smart ass, gutless bullshit. 100% weaksauce. Those who yap the loudest do the least. That’s what i have seen in life. Alligator mouth.....tissue paper asshole.
It's always that way isn't it? Maybe I'm inspired by my recent interest in the American Revolution (See Movie Section of Team Room) and filled with patriotic fervor. Many of those who signed the Declaration of Independence never took part in any battle. So, when the time comes to do something will I be weaksauce, or will I take part? Hopefully we will never have to find out. The bigger question to me is how will we know when it s time to act? In the meantime, I'll continue to support NRA/GOA, take people shooting and generally support the 2A.

johnnycat

Southpaw Shooter
Belligerents
Feb 2, 2011
Tupelo, MS
And to be 100% clear, the ONLY thing i am challenging you to do, is think before you type/talk. Call me whatever you want, that is fairplay. But dont promote the other shit you said. Ever. Some dim bulb might read that shit and it might egg them on. I am praying you aint one of those dim bulbs.
The point is....guys, look at your lifetime. Think about how things are now, and how they have been. Yes, there are places things are way fucked up. And yes, we need to fight that shit.

But just to keep it real....the vast majority of us, right now, i will say have more choices in weapons, and are able to exercise our rights more than ever before in our lifetimes.

we have to keep fighting, and we have to stay vigilant. All i am saying, is be honest and keep things in true perspective.

It sounds like we are on the same side. What were we arguing about?

Reactions: myronman3

myronman3

deez nutz
Belligerents
Mar 24, 2017
i get a little twitchy when i see things i inturpet as things that might put innocent people in a bad spot. my apologies if i saw or inturpeted things the wrong way.

i am sure we agree far more than we disagree on things.