Building the Perfect Reloading Room

07yzryder

Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 10, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
My bench fix starts this weekend.... Started as a 200 kobalt workbench, replaced the fiberboard top with a melamine board which held up well untill a PSA upper.... I caved the melamine in trying to get the barrel off....

I plan to bolt 2x6's to the legs to reinforce the bench and stack 2 .75x24x60 inch mdf and 1 .75x24x60 melamine board all glued together. Actual bench is 45 inches wide so extending a bit over a foot (as is the press blocks my drawer) and adding a set of legs at the end as well for 6 legs total.

I should be able to park my truck on it when I'm done.

1clicktrick

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2018
skiatook
I bought a portable building 10x24 and insulated the crap out of it. Climate controlled with a large window unit/heat pump. Very cool in summer and toasty in the winter. I got the wood for the inside from an old privacy fence and metal from an old barn at my parents place. Floor from Lowes. Built a stout table and mounted my press. Still doing final touches. Its got a couch, recliner, TV with WiFi. Cool little man cave for sure!! Screenshot_2019-01-20-22-19-22.png

Subwrx300

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 15, 2014
Cedar Springs, MI

tnichols

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 23, 2010
Morley IA
I bought a portable building 10x24 and insulated the crap out of it. Climate controlled with a large window unit/heat pump. Very cool in summer and toasty in the winter. I got the wood for the inside from an old privacy fence and metal from an old barn at my parents place. Floor from Lowes. Built a stout table and mounted my press. Still doing final touches. Its got a couch, recliner, TV with WiFi. Cool little man cave for sure!! View attachment 7008541
Innovative and very nicely done 👍🏻

Herb Stoner

Private
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2019
Yes they are, two of them side by side, with a 3/4” 4x8 sheet of ply ripped down the center and then laid on top of each other. Then fastened to the bench from the bottom side. Very sturdy so far.
I looked at those benches too. Did you reinforce the shelf over the lights at all? I wondered if the weight of storing several boxes of bullets was an issue. I found that some things from HF can be a little flimsy - not that things aren't more fimsy in general these days...

enigmamdw

Private
Belligerents
Nov 13, 2012
My wife has always been my hero but she was especially so today. We moved her elliptical out of the gun room so I have sole possession. With coupon in hand I headed to Harbor Freight for a second Yukon workbench. Also stopped by Sam's Club for another 48" LED shop light. The second workbench is dedicated to the annealer, tumbler. storage of the drier and associated paraphernalia. The original Yukon workbench will be used for gun maintenance, cleaning etc... The reloading bench can now be used exclusively for what it was built for. A place for everything and everything in it's place. My OCD is soothed...for now...

My OCD is NOT!! Those case are not lined up or even facing the same direction, left front wheel is not in line with cabinet...shit sorry, I actually HAVE OCD!!

Deadman Pointers

Town Fool
Belligerents
Sep 21, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
In fact, anyone within striking distance of Phoenix is welcome to PM me for a couple elevator doors that I have left over. I have two extras at the moment... and you pay what I paid. They make excellent welding tables as well. If they go quick, I apologize.