Building the Perfect Reloading Room

Apr 4, 2013
Take into consideration what equipment you'll be using and the amount of travel up and down your arm will need to operate the press
That is my problem right there. I don't have reloading experience. Thanks for the advice, great tips. I'll try to visit someone local who reloads so I can get an idea. Any other advice before I cut wood is welcomed! I have a clean slate room to work with so I have options.
Thanks fellas!

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Feb 23, 2010
The Snobbiest Town in The Snobbiest State in the N
That is my problem right there. I don't have reloading experience. Thanks for the advice, great tips. I'll try to visit someone local who reloads so I can get an idea. Any other advice before I cut wood is welcomed! I have a clean slate room to work with so I have options.
Thanks fellas!
Read this whole thread...

There is probably more good information in building a reloading space than anywhere else on the Interwebs....

Start page one... then finish page 7. Then start cutting wood.

Some of the guys here have built incredible setups. With really genius little touches. Swing-out seats. Drawers. Rails. There is so much win here.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Apr 4, 2013
Read this whole thread...

There is probably more good information in building a reloading space than anywhere else on the Interwebs....

Start page one... then finish page 7. Then start cutting wood.

Some of the guys here have built incredible setups. With really genius little touches. Swing-out seats. Drawers. Rails. There is so much win here.

Cheers,

Sirhr
I believe you and I will definitely do that, thanks.

ken4570tc in WY

Sergeant of the Hide
Aug 30, 2018
Wheatland, Wyoming
Thanks fellas!
Something that would help, is building the bench with adjustable height legs. It can be done easily with embedded 1/2" t-nuts and inverted carriage bolts with a jam nut to lock the threads. I've done this for a shop work bench. It also helps to make sure the bench is as level as possible whenever moved to a new location. Cup style floor protectors can be used under the bolt heads to prevent marring. Think of adjustable bolts on the bottom of stoves, fridges, washers and dryers. The hole in the 4"x4" leg can easily be drilled to accommodate as long a carriage bolt as necessary to give a wide range of height adjustment and the square shoulder works great to get on with a crescent wrench.

Jan 23, 2010
Morley IA
My bench height is 36”. I stand while I reload AND my presses are on Dillon mounts that effectively add 8 and 3/4” to the press height. I’m 6’1” for perspective.

Airw4ves

Sergeant of the Hide
Oct 10, 2014
Canada
Make it to fit YOU. I am 6’5, so for my bench I went a little higher with navel height, and I couldnt be happier. For others it’d be too high, but who cares, this is your bench! I can comfortably use my press, work on rifles, and do whatever else I do when Im puttering around the room, all without sore shoulders or neck due to constantly being hunched over. If you have a shorter minion helping, a step stool or a shop chair with height adjustability works just fine.

ken4570tc in WY

Sergeant of the Hide
Aug 30, 2018
Wheatland, Wyoming
Make it to fit YOU. I am 6’5, so for my bench I went a little higher with navel height, and I couldnt be happier. For others it’d be too high, but who cares, this is your bench! I can comfortably use my press, work on rifles, and do whatever else I do when Im puttering around the room, all without sore shoulders or neck due to constantly being hunched over. If you have a shorter minion helping, a step stool or a shop chair with height adjustability works just fine.
Airw4ves, called it right! I checked and found my ideal bench height is at the navel.

Top Bottom