BSA Midway Special 4-14x44 mil/mil TMD reticle FFP new in box

2guard

Sergeant
Oct 22, 2008
nashville, tn
Midway Special BSA 4-14x44 FFP, mil/mil, FFP, TMD mil reticle, side focus, fully multi coated, parallax setting from 10yds to infinity (great for rimfire or airgun), lifetime warranty. New in box with all papers, sunshade, other accessories that came with these. these were $299 new, great ffp optic for lighter applications such as rimfires (what I had purchased it for). Check the reviews on these if you dont know about them. Cleaning out some older things to make room for new stuff.
$225 shipped & insured, firm, no trades. paypal please (I will pay the fees).

Attachments

Feb 20, 2017
Thank you sir I actually like that reticle alot. Looks like the same tube that Primary Arms and Athlon use.
How are the turrets? I know we are talking about a cheap scope, I'm on the fence on this one. does it have any strange quirks function wise?

2guard

Sergeant
Oct 22, 2008
nashville, tn
Turrets are very audible, solid clicks with a little play. Elevation knob feels better than the windage. For a sub 500 scope, I would say they are better than the swfa scopes I have had, remind me of the weaver tacticals I have had and maybe a little bit of burris feel. This is all subjective, of course. I do like the feel of the side focus knob, it's about the right resistance. Ive had some more expensive scopes that were too tight and most lower end stuff I've had can be too loose. I dont know about any quirks, havent used it other than to check function when I received it. Check out some online reveiws of it, they will be able to point out more things than I would since I havent used it in the field. I think there used to be a member on here that had quite a few of these on rimfires and 223 rifles that would post about them often.

Feb 13, 2017
Ohio
I’m going to give some info for a free bump.
I ran one of these on a 300 Weatherby for two years and it held up fine. I still have one on a 30-06 with a muzzle brake shooting 208 ELDs it’s fine and been there for three years. I have the 6-24 version on a Win mag and it’s fine.
I emailed BSA before putting one on the Weatherby, and they said put it on whatever I wanted and it will be fine. If not they will replace it.

TXSGFmrCWO3

Sergeant of the Hide
Jun 30, 2018
Fort Bend County, Texas
I've got that one and the 6-24x44. I could swear that the research I did back then revealed that both models were actually OEM'd Falcon Menace scopes. BSA Optics never had anything like them in their online product catalog. I could be wrong, but see what you think after having a look at the Falcon manual:

Attachments

Jan 9, 2009
West Virginia
I have several of the Primary Arms 4-14-44 FFP models of this exact scope. I’m pretty sure Primary Arms and BSA have these made by the same manufacturer. For the money they are actually very nice scopes, track pretty true, very repeatable , very clear glass, and durable. I have 5 cz 455 .22s all set up exactly the same that I use as student guns here for classes I teach. I wanted every rifle set up identical and this is the scope I chose for the student guns. They have all held up great so far ! Some are 4-5 years old and have been abused, yet still going strong!

Top Bottom