Brownells disappointing service after placing order

Bradu

Belligerents
Aug 24, 2011
IL
It really sucks. My latest "free shipping" order is MIA in USPS limbo.
I avoid USPS at all costs. I ordered from Midway several years ago and had an expensive order that got lost. I checked into it after about a week and they said I couldn't do anything about it until a certain amount of time. So that time went by and I checked into it and they said last place it was, was the facility by st Louis. It took around 17 days to travel what would have took 2 1/2 hours to drive and pick up.

My most recent experience was when a friend shipped me a small package from Texas. It got almost to my house then it turned around and went back to the sender for no apparent reason. That took two weeks before it showed up in his mailbox. Not bad for priority mail.

davsco

Private
Belligerents
Jan 1, 2014
NoVa
In a couple years they have gone from my go to supplier to usually the last place I look
curious, who are your 'go to's'? i'll have to look around some.

again, with their periodic 10% off, and for me, reasonably fast shipping, brownell's has been my go-to for a while now.

Average guy

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2018
curious, who are your 'go to's'? i'll have to look around some.

again, with their periodic 10% off, and for me, reasonably fast shipping, brownell's has been my go-to for a while now.
It takes a little more looking but they are out there. I buy quite a bit from Midway, Natchez, Nss, Gun Shack and Graf’s. Excellent experiences with all. Many others that also offer excellent service.

MarinePMI

Battery Operated Grunt
Belligerents
Jun 3, 2010
San Diego, Ca
So, recently (based off the feedback from this thread) I enrolled in the "Edge" program. Man! That 2 day free shipping is sweet! I've had two orders already (using it,) and I can see why everyone says it's well worth it.

Reactions: Diver160651

Diver160651

Who cares
Belligerents
Feb 7, 2013
BELMONTCA
So, recently (based off the feedback from this thread) I enrolled in the "Edge" program. Man! That 2 day free shipping is sweet! I've had two orders already (using it,) and I can see why everyone says it's well worth it.
I am willing to step in and sacrifice myself for you to enjoy the satisfaction of creating a lot more orders, with deliveries to my house.

Please order the following and send to my house, I'll deal with all the pain of opening the boxes and dealing the trash:
AXSA 6 CM - well just because
I had a much bigger list but tried to keep it to items in stock or at least what they'll charge your CC immediately.. everyone hates dealing with back orders.

;)

Jim

• Haha
Reactions: MarinePMI

Supersubes

Snafu
Belligerents
Sep 6, 2006
Rural Nevada

Love it! You’ll really smile when you order some chicken shit single part you never would wasted $10 shipping on in the past. Think of how fast you’ll earn your money back.

On another note. If I’m having an issue, I live chat with someone. Even works on my iphone. I’m hundreds of orders in now, and can’t recall a bad experience yet. I’m sure there have been some, but totally overshadowed by good experiences.

jwknutson17

Big Game Hunter
Belligerents
Apr 29, 2017
Colorado
Brownells has been my go to for some time. Midway was a while back but every box I get from Midway is completely smashed. My local UPS guy is awesome and he says a lot of Midway boxes coming into the hub here in CO look like that. Gotten a lot of used stuff from Midway when it should have been new in the package. Arc rings all beat up two different times. Used bow sight. Etc. Guess people are returning stuff and they are selling it again as new. Not doing that again..

Brownells I've never have an issue with... Yet..

jab00

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2017
I’ve had mixed results with Brownells. Sometimes it ships out next day while other times it takes a few. Midway seems to be a bit more consistent

LG65CM

Private
Belligerents
Sep 29, 2017
I'm like one of the other commenters here. Been using Brownells since the 70s. What's this world coming to? Complaints about a company like Brownells over instances of slow shipping? LOL

Niles Coyote

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Aug 13, 2007
South West, MI
I ordered last night at 1130pm EDT, with one day (edge member) shipping, hoping for a Tuesday delivery. I'll update when it arrives.

Tracking # just arrived and is awaiting pick up

Last edited:

LG65CM

Private
Belligerents
Sep 29, 2017
I’ve had mixed results with Brownells. Sometimes it ships out next day while other times it takes a few. Midway seems to be a bit more consistent
Yes, Midway is much prompter. I get an immediate confirm. Then 'your order is being prepared' Then within two days later another email alerting me that the order has been shipped w/tracking info. Consistantly that way.

Havoc_1_Actual

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Feb 25, 2019
Western NY
I try to use DSG for most items...parts though makes it tough. I’ve also experienced delays from all the major parts retailers like Brownell’s and midway...I’d like to try and avoid them but unfortunately ya gotta do it sometimes...

Travclem

Dr. Dickweed
Belligerents
Jul 14, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Yes, Midway is much prompter. I get an immediate confirm. Then 'your order is being prepared' Then within two days later another email alerting me that the order has been shipped w/tracking info. Consistantly that way.
That's because Larry charges 2-3X as much for shipping
And once it arrives from Midway your item may still be in the package and undamaged.
And then there's this

Reactions: LG65CM and jab00

Niles Coyote

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Aug 13, 2007
South West, MI
I ordered last night at 1130pm EDT, with one day (edge member) shipping, hoping for a Tuesday delivery. I'll update when it arrives.

Tracking # just arrived and is awaiting pick up
A&D 120i arrived safe and sound this morning at 1130edt. Nicely double boxed and wrapped with air fill packaging...

No complaints here.

PatMiles

Private
Belligerents
Feb 25, 2017
I'm like one of the other commenters here. Been using Brownells since the 70s. What's this world coming to? Complaints about a company like Brownells over instances of slow shipping? LOL
In my case, it's the give a $hit attitude I have received when I have called to check on an order.