BREAKING: Man sets fire to busy animation studio in Japan. 34 dead now.

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Belligerents
Minuteman
From other sources, perp is reported to have suffered significant injuries himself when the accelerant and vapors flashed as he ignited it. Currently in hospital under police guard. No motive yet.

Initial death toll was 10. Until they found more people trapped inside after the blaze was put out. Now up to 33 confirmed with 5 still unaccounted for. From all that is known, perp had hit the target with full intent to kill. Morning rush hour had just ended and all employees had showed up for work.

----------
TOKYO — A man ignited a flammable liquid around an animation studio in Kyoto, Japan, on Thursday, the police said, killing at least 33 people — with more feared dead — in a devastating morning blaze.
----------

ETA: More coverage here:

Last edited:

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Belligerents
Minuteman
Yeah, but did he use one of the government-mandated, non-vented gas cans with the self-closing spout, or did he use one of those evil, outlawed vented ones?

Assault gas can. And also instead of a regular matchbox, it is believed he had used an unregistered high capacity fully automatic firestarter that has a continuous mode when the trigger is held down... Also known as a butane lighter.

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 1, 2005
Dallas, TX
It just goes to show in the most perfectly gun controlled country with laws against just about all weapons and as much police power as you could possibly want... When someone wants to do a mass killing, it's not really a problem to get it done with simple stuff.

But since it doesn't fit the global disarmament of the population for better control by the elites, there won't be as much news published about it.

vh20

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 2, 2012
I'm going to guess he used the government-mandated can, because the report says he was also injured by the fire he set, which indicates he spilled it all over himself as well as where he intended to put it. With the outlawed, evil can that wouldn't have happened.

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Belligerents
Minuteman
It's like...they ban natural gas in New construction..... And They have no clue where Electricity comes from.....

They know... It is about being able to control/manipulate the population more easily. With everything relying on electricity, everything can be narrowed down to one control switch.

In the near future, if residents of the buildings begin to complain about this or that, or giving the city a hard time for whatever reason... CLICK, punishment blackout for 2 days...

clcustom1911

Non Sibi Sed Patriae
Belligerents
Oct 23, 2017
Southern Kommiefornia
They know... It is about being able to control/manipulate the population more easily. With everything relying on electricity, everything can be narrowed down to one control switch.

In the near future, if residents of the buildings begin to complain about this or that, or giving the city a hard time for whatever reason... CLICK, punishment blackout for 2 days...
Scary, but definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Belligerents
Minuteman
Diagram that shows where the victims had been found. 19 were found on the 2nd-3rd floor staircase. 11 were found in the 2nd floor conference room, possibly trying to get out through the windows, 1 was found in the 2nd floor stairwell entrance, possibly tried to use that method of egress and was overwhelmed by the heat and smoke channeling up from below, and 2 were found in a ground floor lounge area. It appears the motherfucker dumped the accelerant through the front entranceway, located right next to the stairs. You can see how fast and hot the fire got from the burn pattern on the one side of the building in Post #1.

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 1, 2005
Dallas, TX
Something to keep in mind where/how all the people died and file it away in your memory banks for thought/contemplation on what you might do if you are caught in a similar situation so you can get out alive.

Same like when you go on a plane or in a hotel.
Where are your exits & where do you head once the panic starts.

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Belligerents
Minuteman
Something to keep in mind where/how all the people died and file it away in your memory banks for thought/contemplation on what you might do if you are caught in a similar situation so you can get out alive.

That building design had major faults too. No fire escape and no rear egress/secondary stairs. My money is on someone who is intimately familiar with how the building was laid out in order to inflict the highest casualties ie., former employee or contractor. Also the time of day he chose was not just the busiest hour of work but when managers, editors, and IT people from other firms had been in there attending meetings and programs as well.

That said, older and more flammable structures with limited exit points and natural 'fatal funnels' such as only one narrow staircase with high occupation density gives me the fucking heebie jeebies when I am in them. With a mass shooter, I can shoot back, lay a counter ambush and keep others in my immediate area safe by fortifying the area (much easier to do when a man with a gun is also present to match an active shooter bullet for bullet). Fire, on the other hand, fucking unnerves me to no end.

Last edited:

Snipe260

Private
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017

If I’m in the air in a plane, I will not be seeking an exit😂😂

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 1, 2005
Dallas, TX
If I’m in the air in a plane, I will not be seeking an exit😂😂
Laugh all you like, but in many air disasters including the one that just happened in Russia, if the plane crashes or something goes wrong on the ground or on takeoff / landing, you living or dying may be down to a matter of seconds getting to the exit or getting out another exit when some idiot blocks the exit wanting to carry their luggage out.

Reactions: 2ndamendfan

Snipe260

Private
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
Laugh all you like, but in many air disasters including the one that just happened in Russia, if the plane crashes or something goes wrong on the ground or on takeoff / landing, you living or dying may be down to a matter of seconds getting to the exit or getting out another exit when some idiot blocks the exit wanting to carry their luggage out.
Your right. Just poking fun!

pblank

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2018
Crazy people will do crazy things. Normal people also do crazy things. Evil will always persist, there is no cure. I don't understand why many people feel that legislation will ensure their safety.

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Belligerents
Minuteman
Update: Death toll is now at 34.

The son of a bitch was completely nuts... Said the company stole his novel. He never wrote a novel. He also demanded to "talk to the president of the company" before igniting the accelerant. There had been no known correspondence between him and the studio prior to the fatal attack.

American and leftist western media has very little coverage on this case, most likely because it did not involve a firearm, or more specifically, an "assault rifle". If it did, they'd be on it 24/7 like flies on shit.

Article:

ETA: There's more,

Spent 3.5 years in prison for robbing a store in the past. No job. Living on government assistance...

Last edited:

Culpeper

"Goodbye, Rutten"
Belligerents
Nov 25, 2006
Roswell NM
Our mainstream NYC based media are a bunch of communists. I do not like commies. Especially, commies that rely on capitalism for sustainability. They are a threat to our national security and way of life. Clear and present danger not absent of malice. Certain outlets need to be stripped of the media label and destroyed. Please burn this after reading.