Bluetooth headphones

kswaterfowl

Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 19, 2011
Kansas
Any recommendations on Bluetooth headphones for working out. Prefer the earbud type, but not sure what brand.

shipereyes445

Slytherin
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2017
I have used and enjoyed “beat headphones 🎧 by Sony” maximum performance and it’s easy to use.

quiksilverj

Sergeant
Belligerents
Aug 20, 2012
virginia
Ive used jaybirds for a while. They are pretty good but I have been lucky and get them when best buy puts them on clearance. May look at other options for full price

kswaterfowl

Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 19, 2011
Kansas
I ended up buying some senso brand off Amazon for $30. I have no complaints for the price I paid for them.

Jmbrown80

Climb to Glory
Belligerents
Feb 15, 2017
Madison, MS
I’ll second the jaybirds! I had a pair of beats and let my wife use my discount to get some jaybirds. I instantly regretted that and wished I would have gotten a pair. I eventually ended up with some jaybird and never looked back. Comfort was the key thing for me and the sound is amazing.

EGwhisper

Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
I bought a pair of Skullcandy Hesh headphones 3 years ago (earbuds hurt my ears when weightlifting/fall out when running) for $60. I've ran in the rain, thrown them around, etc., and still going strong, holding 10-12 hours on a charge. I've never had bose or $500 beats, so I guess I don't know what I'm missing either as far as sound quality, but I've been content.

tbone40x

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Nov 29, 2008
Austin, TX
I've been using Jaybirds for over a year, at least 4 times a week. As long as you keep them charged up they work well.

Yaaker

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 15, 2013
Montana
www.treasurestatearms.com
I will only ever buy Powerbeats from Beats for the gym. I have never found a better option after lifting for 7 years. Heed a warning that anything without the retainer piece that slips behind your ear can come out pretty easy if you ever pinch the wire on something while moving around. I like mine to stay put.

mj1995

Little airborne
Belligerents
Apr 11, 2012
Tacoma Wa
I've had the same set of jaybird x2 for a couple years now and use them almost every day. I would definitely buy another pair if these bite the dust.

Caveman0101

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2018
Edwards, CO
Got my son Beats X, they lasted about a year, sent them back, they give us a new pair for 1/2 price. Not impressed. My boss gave me a pair of Klipsch almost two years ago, no problems, battery life is @12 hours, they sound awesome, better than Beats. They are pretty pricey, even more than beats but well worth it IMO. I've also had several other brands that didn't last long LG, JBL, Sony, a lot of the cheap ones only last a few weeks. I'm only talking about the earbud type. I hear several of the ear muff style are great.

jrassy

Grunt
Belligerents
Aug 16, 2010
Frostbite falls,MN
I have BUDMI brand ear plug style, really like them so far, keeps a good charge and charges fast when they need to be. 50 bucks

armada

Sergeant
Belligerents
Feb 4, 2006
Livermore, California,
I use the Plantronic's backbeat. Last about 6 hours, They used to be around $100 or so dollars when I first bought them, now you can find them for about $50 or so. They sound good and stays put. Has all the features as well as phone.

Pwdrburner

Private
Hessian
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2018
AZ
Any recommendations on Bluetooth headphones for working out. Prefer the earbud type, but not sure what brand.
I really like the Powerbeats. They really stay put. Are comfortable for me and charge seems last a while. Not the cheapest but they go on sale regularly.

Boss334OP

Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 1, 2011
MN/ND
I use Skullcandy Method. GET THEM AT BESTBUY WITH THE REPLACEMENT/INSURANCE POLICY! I have gone through 5 pairs in 2.5 years BUT I just swing by Bestbuy and pick up new ones. AND they keep extending the warranty with the new pair. I am not saying these are the greatest earbuds out there but sweat and electronics don't mix well and replacing bose/jaybirds/gucci etc gets expensive quick. ($50 Headphones + $15 Replacement Program) / Time = Cheap Tunes

WoodFt

Private
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2018
As for me, I cant choose headphones that will match me for a month already...lol

Almonz

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2019
IA
Try for something with a warranty and watch tech reviews online. Tons of options out there. I used to buy the expensive stuff but I always end up breaking them, so now I just go with what's cheaper for the gym and leave my nice stuff at home.

Wulf

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2018
New hampshire
I use the power beats 2 right now daily for work great battery life and fairly durable.

36Fan

Private
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2018
Jaybird X2 I use them while cycling, running, hiking and never had had a problem. Very clear and adjustable to fit.

Nap Mag

The Activity
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Mar 6, 2017
Jabra Elite Active 65t are awesome. I went through literally 4 pairs of jaybirds (from gen 1, 2, to freedom) which kept breaking. My Jabras stay snug in ear through all my workouts.

Badfinger

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2013
Dayton, OH Area
Be aware that some of the molded ear plugs get loose or gap when pressing your face or getting a solid cheek weld and let a lot of noise in.

• Wow
Reactions: clcustom1911

Ribo68

Private
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2018
I’ve used jaybirds for a few years. They sound good and battery life seems to be a true 8 hours.
Just recently got some Bose Sound Sports. Sound quality is excellent and they stay put in the ear really well.
I haven’t tracked battery life with them yet.

Dougie308

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jul 28, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I tried two different sets of Bluetooth buds and found to be a PITA. Either unpairing or falling out. Recently got some corded refurbished Bose ear buds on EBay and really like them a lot. About $40.

Lkwoolsey

Private
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2018
Another vote for Jaybirds. I have the X3s, I think they're on to the X4s now. Spendy (I had a discount code) but really nice headphones. Had mine for about 2 years now, working out at least 6x per week, usually closer to 8 or 9x, and they have always performed flawlessly. Stay in my ears whether I'm jogging, doing sprints, powerlifts, etc. Really like the quality and the way they fit.

FXDWG

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2018
I've had my Jaybirds for 2 years now, I don't like the charger set up but they work great and are waterproof.