An interesting analysis here:Which one does the best at taming recoil and blast back at the shooter in short barrel rifle?
I'm not trying to say Surefire WarComp is the end all be all, but it successfully handles both of those items you just mentioned.Pretty sure those too ideas, reducing recoil and preventing blast back to shooter, are never going to be found in the same brake. The more a brake tames recoil it does so by redirecting gas backward to mitigate recoil.....thus increasing blast. Want less blast.....then give up some recoil mitigation and direct less gas backward....but it will recoil more. Best of both worlds, run a can.
The muzzle device you keep refering to is a flash hider, not a compensator. As stated on Surefires own website for the product.I'm not trying to say Surefire WarComp is the end all be all, but it successfully handles both of those items you just mentioned.
It also serves as a platform for mounting a Surefire Can.
Umm yeah it isThe muzzle device you keep refering to is a flash hider, not a compensator. As stated on Surefires own website for the product.
The very first time I shot using a WarComp I was soldI’m used to shooting the big mAgnums braked! Just not that close to end of barrel
Your either paid advertising or just cant read. Lets see how many times "flash hider" is said in the product description.....then count the number of times "muzzle brake" "recoil compensator" or "comp" are said shall we.Umm yeah it is
The WarComp is a compensator, flash hider is a byproduct.
It took me six months to decide what barrel device I was going to use after spending a couple hundred bucks on stuff that caused more problems than not
You can also time the Comp for right and left shooters and neutral.
Here,from their site--
The revolutionary SureFire WARCOMP flash hider is the world’s most shootable flash hider. Its patent-pending design provides three valuable functions:
- It provides over 99% reduction in muzzle flash compared to a plain muzzle, which helps to conceal the shooter’s location and preserve his dark-adapted vision.
- It virtually eliminates muzzle rise, which enhances monitoring of target reaction and staying on target for faster follow-up shots.
- It serves as a rock-solid mounting adapter for all SureFire SOCOM Series Fast-Attach®suppressors, including the SOCOM-RC and RC2 models.
Precision machined from US Mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock — including high-precision single-point cut threads for optimum thread interface — the WARCOMP features an Ionbond DLC coating to provide maximum protection under harsh environmental conditions and to facilitate cleaning even after extreme use.
When used in conjunction with a SureFire SOCOM Series Fast-Attach suppressor, the WARCOMP provides multiple bearing surfaces to ensure superior suppressor alignment and prevent any ringing of tines inside the suppressor. A rear labyrinth seal mitigates gas leaking from the back of a suppressor, minimizes potential carbon buildup in the indexing system, and facilitates suppressor removal after extended firing. Every SureFire WarComp is individually inspected for concentricity and alignment.
For rock-solid mounting of a SOCOM Series suppressor, unparalleled flash reduction, and minimizing muzzle rise, there’s literally nothing like a SureFire WarComp—the world’s most shootable flash hider.
MOUNTS: All SureFire SOCOM Series sound suppressors. 5.56mm silencers will not fit on a 7.62 muzzle device!
NOTE: SureFire SOCOM Series Fast-Attach sound suppressors and current-model WarComps, muzzle brake and flash hider adapters are NOT compatible with previous (non-SOCOM) SureFire Fast-Attach sound suppressors, muzzle brakes, or flash hiders.
- Patent-pending design provides over 99% flash elimination; virtually eliminates muzzle rise
- Serves as rock-solid mounting adapter for SureFire SOCOM suppressors
- Multiple bearing surfaces provide suppressor alignment and prevent tines from ringing inside suppressor
- Precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock
- High-precision single-point cut barrel threads for optimum thread interface
- Individually inspected for all critical dimensions, including concentricity and alignment
- Ionbond DLC coating provides maximum protection against harsh environmental conditions and facilitates cleaning after extreme use
- Labyrinth seals prevent carbon buildup on suppressor lock ring indexing system
- Installation requires no permanent modifications to weapon
- Made in the USA and backed by SureFire No-Hassle Guarantee
I have the Insite Arms Heathen (6.5 Creedmoor), a VG6 Lambda PRS30 (.308/7.62x51 NATO), a VG6 Lambda PRS65 (6.5 Creedmoor) and Area 419 Hellfire (5.56).Which one does the best at taming recoil and blast back at the shooter in short barrel rifle?