Bergara HMR Pro

Jan 30, 2014
Grovetown, GA
Action has been super smooth. Smoothest one that I have been able to work. Haven't had any issues with feeding from the included 5rd and the 10rd magazines that I bought seperately, both are Magpul's.

Jan 30, 2014
Grovetown, GA
The bolt handle is threaded, but I believe its a different thread pitch then normal. I don't have a pair of calipers where I am to get a diameter right after the threads, but its a standard #5 contour which should put it about 0.7".

Dec 20, 2017
I would like a B-14 HMR Pro in .223 to replace my Tikka T3x Varmint. My "regular" B-17 HMR is the most amazing rifle I ever owned. I use a Vortex HS-T 6-24x50 scope on it. It shoots < 1/2" MoA at 100 yds with cheap Hornady American Gunner 6.5 CDM 140 grain. Picture below is a five shot group at 100 yds from my Lead Sled with that ammo. There is no better group I have ever seen or shot.
BUT ... where can I buy an HMR PRO ??

7EB383C0-2374-44CA-A497-5B38B1493E6F.jpeg

Last edited:

MStrange88

New Hide Member
Feb 28, 2018
IMG_0790.jpg IMG_0562.jpg IMG_0794.jpg
here is a 3 shot group i had at 100yds and a single shot after dialing it in from the 3 shot group. I split the hole on the first two shots and it was a small error on my part on the 3rd shot - lets blame that on excitement. This gun is insanely precise. This was done on a bipod without a bag. I have it in 6.5 CM. I used Hornady Match with ELD round and Hornady Precision Hunter ammo that also uses the ELD round. The Precision Hunter round was a little better in my opinion but were splitting hairs at this point - pardon the pun.

DOA

Sergeant
Dec 20, 2009
CA
I would like a B-14 HMR Pro in .223 to replace my Tikka T3x Varmint. My "regular" B-17 HMR is the most amazing rifle I ever owned. I use a Vortex HS-T 6-24x50 scope on it. It shoots < 1/2" MoA at 100 yds with cheap Hornady American Gunner 6.5 CDM 140 grain. Picture below is a five shot group at 100 yds from my Lead Sled with that ammo. There is no better group I have ever seen or shot.
BUT ... where can I buy an HMR PRO ??
I emailed them and got a response on the .223. They said they will start to ship end of summer.

Sep 1, 2007
Got my HMR PRO today, I’m a little disappointed, factory target was .600”. I was expecting better than that for the the price I paid for the gun.

Sep 1, 2007
What can it do in your hands, and what do they guarantee it will do?

Dave
Not sure. Shot the gun yesterday and it grouped 1” or better at times then other times it was all over the place (3-4”) thought I was having a really bad day on the trigger. So I practiced dry firing, and noticed my scope twitched. The guys who mounted the scope mount only hand tightened the screws! Wasted day and ammo! 😡

Apr 22, 2010
Mansfield, TX
I never take anyone's word for fasteners being properly torqued, I learned that with a remmy. I'd check the action screws and get them properly torqued too. But .6" with factory ammo seems like its gonna be a sweet shooter especially with handloads.

Sep 1, 2007
I never take anyone's word for fasteners being properly torqued, I learned that with a remmy. I'd check the action screws and get them properly torqued too. But .6" with factory ammo seems like its gonna be a sweet shooter especially with handloads.
But I don’t handload. Wish I knew how and have the time. Life is to busy!

Apr 22, 2010
Mansfield, TX
Believe me, I don't have time either. I'm learning by necessity after wasting 3 range sessions looking for factory ammo for another rifle. I wasted more time and money doing that, than sitting back and working out 1 load for across the course from the get go. But the way I figure. .6 for that brand of ammo is good, better yet is if the ES is 10 or less, so you know that roughly 1/2 moa is consistent across various distances. I've seen the Hornady 140 ELDM's hover right around an ES of 10-12. In which case you have a 1/2 moa rifle with factory! You might also consider stepping out the range a bit, because you might just see that group tighten up further out., especially after torquing everything which can be properly torqued. Good luck, and nice rifle!

Top Bottom