Benefits to military validation?

Tritanium

This is Actually a Suppressor Right Here
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2019
Hey guys, sort of new here? I used to be fairly active on my account on the form before. I stopped shortly after the switch, and now my account seems to have disappeared. I am active duty army and was wondering if there is any real benefit besides the private form section to validating my active status. I also notice that now you must have 100 post to use the exchange which makes sense considering all the scams. What doesn't make sense is that you can conveniently pay $33 to avoid this lol? The site seems to have changed in a lot of positive ways, that is certainly not one of them. Anyway if you guys have any advice on the form about changes for a new member coming from the old one id apricate it.

AIAW

★★★★★
Belligerents
Aug 16, 2001
Central Texas
If you are willing to pay to use the sales forums then most likely you aren't look to scam anyone. Doesn't mean that they won't, it's just unlikely. Technically it's more secure if they buy it because then Frank has a payment method, which in some form would be trackable if fraud is of concern.

Think about it - fraud could be planned out over 2 weeks or so - someone can easily rack up 100 BS posts between then and stay somewhat under the radar. That's why it's of the utmost importance that you do your diligence when buying or trading with someone!

Validating your MIL or LEO status gets you access to the MIL/LEO only forum. Other than that, not that I personally know of.

Hope this helps. Thank you for your service also!

MosesTheTank

Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 28, 2011
GA
Welcome back. I’m not exactly sure what your question is, but if it’s purely about the sale of items my suggestion is that you constructively engage in the various forums.

Since you posed this question in the Pit you may gain some street cred and post count by debunking everything everyone says no matter whether you agree or disagree, and do so as forcefully as you possibly can. Alcohol helps a lot.

Rthur

Philomath
Belligerents
Apr 16, 2010
Not Chicago, Illinios
Hey guys, sort of new here? I used to be fairly active on my account on the form before. I stopped shortly after the switch, and now my account seems to have disappeared. I am active duty army and was wondering if there is any real benefit besides the private form section to validating my active status. I also notice that now you must have 100 post to use the exchange which makes sense considering all the scams. What doesn't make sense is that you can conveniently pay $33 to avoid this lol? The site seems to have changed in a lot of positive ways, that is certainly not one of them. Anyway if you guys have any advice on the form about changes for a new member coming from the old one id apricate it.
This guy could help @Lowlight

R

Reactions: 1J04

Tritanium

Minuteman
Jan 10, 2019
While I do disagree with you AIAW (for reasons I don't feel like going back and forth about) , I definitely see where you are coming from.

As for MoeseTheTank, my question was just if anything else has changed that I should really know about... The paying for post thing just really seemed off to me so I had to vent. Thanks for the suggestion, but quite frankly the optic I was planning on selling on here was going to be priced so low I'm not really worried about it. I just don't want to sell it on eBay for more just to give them all that money in fees lol. I'd rather pass the savings onto a fellow shooter. I'm stationed at Ft. Bragg right now anyway though. So I'm sure if I ask around here one of these high speed guys will want it😁.

I will definitely be involved in the forum regardless again. I used to be here quite a bit a few years back and learned most of what I know about shooting on here. I sold most of my guns a while back when I quit my high paying job to join the military. Between that and just the total lack of time ever since I just haven't been able to shoot much. I'm finally starting to really adjust financially and will be back at it soon though lol.

Thanks for you quick responses though boys.

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Online Training Access
Apr 12, 2001
Base of the Rockies
www.snipershide.com
Unless you had a Scout account, your original SH account would still be there, or here, this is the original site after all with a new coat of paint.

I cannot tell if you have something to sell and you are bitching about the cost to upgrade your account or what? What is your point, this site is a business and is my basic form (vs Forum) of income so are you begrudging me an income because you feel it's unfair? Seems to me what you are trying to say is:

I was a member and I have something to sell but since I had to make a new account I don't want to pay your stinking $33 in order to sell my stuff.

What exactly is your complaint about the $33 fee for people who want to use the site to sell, but dont' want to contribute to the site in other ways?

We have found most scammers will skip paying the fees, that a balance of $33 was found to be a good threshold of cost vs return. We have a very active forum here and the for sale section is a big part of that. Since we are not Armslist or Gunbroker or any other site that takes a percentage of your sale, we feel a flat rate UPGRADE to your account is the answer.

If you don't like the rules here, we can just end this now, as I really don't get your complaint as it has been laid out

Tritanium

Minuteman
Jan 10, 2019
Unless you had a Scout account, your original SH account would still be there, or here, this is the original site after all with a new coat of paint.

I cannot tell if you have something to sell and you are bitching about the cost to upgrade your account or what? What is your point, this site is a business and is my basic form (vs Forum) of income so are you begrudging me an income because you feel it's unfair? Seems to me what you are trying to say is:

I was a member and I have something to sell but since I had to make a new account I don't want to pay your stinking $33 in order to sell my stuff.

What exactly is your complaint about the $33 fee for people who want to use the site to sell, but dont' want to contribute to the site in other ways?

We have found most scammers will skip paying the fees, that a balance of $33 was found to be a good threshold of cost vs return. We have a very active forum here and the for sale section is a big part of that. Since we are not Armslist or Gunbroker or any other site that takes a percentage of your sale, we feel a flat rate UPGRADE to your account is the answer.

If you don't like the rules here, we can just end this now, as I really don't get your complaint as it has been laid out
Wow brother, I really don't understand where that is all coming from? I get this is a business and you are trying to defend your point of view, but for gods sakes? I was just trying to have a normal unheated and nonaggressive conversation? When did I say anything about not being on the forum to contribute in other ways?

Tritanium

Minuteman
Jan 10, 2019
Advice: Don't piss off the HMFIC.
SEE! This is exactly the kind of reason I needed to ask that question in the first place lol. That definitely was not a thing I need to know on the old forum:LOL:... Well, I mean its probably was. It just wasn't anywhere near that easy on the old forum...

Veer_G

Beware of the Dildópony!
Belligerents
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
Welcome back. I’m not exactly sure what your question is, but if it’s purely about the sale of items my suggestion is that you constructively engage in the various forums.

Since you posed this question in the Pit you may gain some street cred and post count by debunking everything everyone says no matter whether you agree or disagree, and do so as forcefully as you possibly can. Alcohol helps a lot.
But it isn't necessary. I just manage with a contact high from all the cigar smoke and single-malt fumes.

QuickNDirty

NaN
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Apr 26, 2013

Maybe he just doesn't like the number 33?

Reactions: 1J04

101stinfantry

Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
AR
100 posts isn't that many, $33 bucks isn't that much. 2 ways to achieve the same thing, pick one and run with it. I haven't started my Friday night drinking binge yet, so some of you may find this post far too compassionate.

Reactions: Bender

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Online Training Access
Apr 12, 2001
Base of the Rockies
www.snipershide.com
Wow brother, I really don't understand where that is all coming from? I get this is a business and you are trying to defend your point of view, but for gods sakes? I was just trying to have a normal unheated and nonaggressive conversation? When did I say anything about not being on the forum to contribute in other ways?

maybe you don't get it, you log on, say you're an old member, sorry no clue who you are, or what you contributed as an old member, and then you wonder after posting this bullshit

What doesn't make sense is that you can conveniently pay $33 to avoid this lol? The site seems to have changed in a lot of positive ways, that is certainly not one of them.
Who the fuck are you, someone who just came back because you want to SELL YOUR SHIT and tell me how to run my business

Do I come into your bedroom and offer advice on banging your wife ?

This is my house, have a bit of respect, if you did you might have asked the question via PM vs publicly slamming the place because You don't get it.

I am getting tired of Neverwas coming on here and telling me how to run my shit. Go back to Facebook I am sure Zuckerberg will help you out he'll be happy to let you sell your shit.

ArmyJerry

PoPo's Conscience
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2012
be nice to the new new guy guys. its a new year, lets turn over the leaf

1J04

Morale Officer
Belligerents
Aug 7, 2011
Naselle WA
I'd like to hear more on the "advice" one may have if it has anything remotely close to one of my all time favorites, The Mississippi Buck, Texas Style, anything goes with no holds barred. You know, when ya pin their ankles behind their ears and literally, like 2 Volvos crashing head on, wreck that Vulva like ya stolt it. :ROFLMAO:

If not I'm good and I'll take the Scope if'n it ain't scratched. :giggle:

Reactions: Dewey7271 and AIAW

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2017
Hi,

Well IF you require advise on that....it might not be for you. LOLOL
But I can give you address to a great place in Ukraine that you can practice all you want.

Sincerely,
Theis

Veer_G

Beware of the Dildópony!
Belligerents
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
I'd like to hear more on the "advice" one may have if it has anything remotely close to one of my all time favorites, The Mississippi Buck, Texas Style, anything goes with no holds barred. You know, when ya pin their ankles behind their ears and literally, like 2 Volvos crashing head on, wreck that Vulva like ya stolt it. :ROFLMAO:

If not I'm good and I'll take the Scope if'n it ain't scratched. :giggle:
You're golden. Word is that it's been gently keestered in a well-worn prison purse. You know about those, right?

Tritanium

Minuteman
Jan 10, 2019
Well I usually refrain from entertaining this kind of behavior because its toxic, but I figure either our new HMFIC is a big boy and can take what he dishes out. Or far more likely is just waiting for a reason to ban me anyway, so here it is buddy.

I didn't come in here and disrespect shit. I came here and asked a simple question with a side comment on how the forums business views have changed... This aint "your shit" its a community that runs on its people! You didn't even make it what it is, you just bought it! Seems like you're butchering what it was. Which is maybe why you need to squeeze a little more money out of everyone with you "upgrades". Maybe if you treated people with respect and let the forum thrive like the community it was before scout (and now you), came in you'd have a better business model.

Too all of you guys who are blowing him, and making assumption about me being someone from some video that I haven't even taken the time to view because its so ridiculous. Stop kissing ass and grow a pair. Cute way to hop on board the train and feel cool speculating though.

Well Lowlight, obviously you will ban me and have every right as its "your" forum. Honestly seeing how quick everyone was to hop into it and spam nonsense I really don't care... I do want to say though that despite you're childish and immature response. I am sorry I apparently set you off when you clearly have some other shit going on. It wasn't my intention.

Reactions: Loonhunter and FJG

1J04

Morale Officer
Belligerents
Aug 7, 2011
Naselle WA
Hi,

Well IF you require advise on that....it might not be for you. LOLOL
But I can give you address to a great place in Ukraine that you can practice all you want.

Sincerely,
Theis
If it sounds like I require advice on questionable activities then well, frankly, I've lost my knack, my silly sharona. :cry: