Ballistic X - Group Size

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Online Training Access
Apr 12, 2001
Base of the Rockies
www.snipershide.com
Ballistic-X is an App developed for the precision shooter to assist users in calculating shot groups for load development. As we stepped into the development process, we called upon over 30 credible and well-known names in the industry to help us Beta test and polish what we created. The function is similar to any Shot Group Calculator such as “On Target” for Windows; this one simply does it straight from your device with a modern User Interface and Experience on both Apple and Android.

Workflow is simple: Designate reference size and Point Of Aim, choose the distance from target and caliber, and mark impacts...DONE. Our Overlay can be dragged anywhere onto the image and then exported for sharing or storing. The Options menu allows the user to select what is shown in overlay and also allows the user to choose readout in MOA/MRAD. The user can add a Comment/Label with as much info as needed. We also have an ATZ or Adjustment To Zero feature that allows user to Zero rifle or adjust to Point of Aim dynamically at any distance.

As a company, we are set up to support this App and its further development for years to come. After launching just days ago, we have already received feedback from 80+ users and have already begun improvements which we are presently testing. The positive response has been overwhelming as we hit #1 in the Apple Store for in the Sports Apps and #12 in Paid Apps. On the Android side, we managed #2 for New Apps. At this time we have over a dozen positive reviews on both sides!

You can find out more about the Ballistic-X Community on our Website, Instagram, or Facebook!

http://www.ballistic-x.com/

http://www.instagram.com/ballisticxapp

http://www.facebook.com/ballisticxapp/

KML7201

Hessian
Belligerents
Oct 15, 2018
NY
I just downloaded the app. It’s easy to use and convenient to have on a mobile device. Here are some examples of the output.
F20DB2D4-1D0A-49A9-87D7-4B082C27FE49.jpeg 04FBBAC2-0FA4-4F21-A971-ABAD92D4ED18.jpeg 02CD25CB-CB65-414C-A02D-FDBDE8F6E774.jpeg ABC2FB03-E90B-4C52-9BFD-88AE0493C05A.jpeg

Last edited:

Tree

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 28, 2018
MN (Frozen tundra)
For those that have used this new app how does it compare with Range Buddy. I know Range Buddy is only on Android currently but curious if anyone has done a comparison?

hookedonbrass

[ ]
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 16, 2018
Woodford, Virginia
For those that have used this new app how does it compare with Range Buddy. I know Range Buddy is only on Android currently but curious if anyone has done a comparison?
first off - the exact same app as Range Buddy is available on iOS. it's called SubMOA - don't ask me why it's a different name. but it's the same app.

i used subMOA for a while.

submoa for me did this thing where the groups were offset from the actual impact holes. that was frustrating. but still provided the information i wanted.

ballistic x app is just more aesthetically pleasing, streamlined, and intuitive. currently - they both do a relatively simple/particular tasks so it's hard to really compare them further. can you still get the same info from the free app? sure.

but ballistic x just made it better IMO, and has more "stuff" in the works. plus he's active - if you message him right now on IG he'll answer you and take your suggestions and questions. he'll be an active developer and strive to improve and update the app regularly. I don't feel Sub MOA has that same support.

Tree

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 28, 2018
MN (Frozen tundra)
first off - the exact same app as Range Buddy is available on iOS. it's called SubMOA - don't ask me why it's a different name. but it's the same app.

submoa for me did this thing where the groups were offset from the actual impact holes. that was frustrating. but still provided the information i wanted.

ballistic x app is just more aesthetically pleasing, streamlined, and intuitive. currently - they both do a relatively simple/particular tasks so it's hard to really compare them further. can you still get the same info from the free app? sure.

but ballistic x just made it better IMO, and has more "stuff" in the works. plus he's active - if you message him right now on IG he'll answer you and take your suggestions and questions. he'll be an active developer and strive to improve and update the app regularly. I don't feel Sub MOA has that same support.
Thanks that was helpful. Good to hear the developer is active. Will be downloading tonight.

Yondering

Sergeant
Belligerents
Mar 16, 2017
Skagit Valley, WA

I just downloaded both apps to try out (for $8, why not?). In just an initial comparison on one target, Ballistic X seems way easier and more intuitive to use than SubMoa.

I do like that SubMOA provides a marker on the target for center of the group (sometimes that's hard to estimate with weird group shapes), and the mean radius of the group size. I emailed the Ballistic X developer to ask about adding those features (Ballistic X obviously calculates center of the group, but doesn't display it right now). If he can add those, Ballistic X will do everything I want it to. It's worth the $8 either way; I like it.

Diver160651

Who cares
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 7, 2013
BELMONTCA
Not sure how accurate it is..

The one thing I thought was missing, unless I missed it was the shot count. Both as you add targets and for the recape
4014D1D5-0280-45EB-984E-1E8763260E89.jpeg

seansmd

Total NOOB
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2018
San Jose, CA
Nice app,, some limitations the developer is working to resolve.
1. Multiple groups with different poa
2, large picture with a group in the top right, i needed to crop the image. I

am sure these will be fixed.

Very easy to use.