AW/AE/AICS mag diffrences

Oct 22, 2017
Which mag would you guys recommend for a 6.5 CM in a Remington 700 short action? It’s running an AICS compatible custom DBM bottom metal...

Vodoun daVinci

Sergeant of the Hide
Dec 17, 2017
Just got my first real magazine for my Savage 10 in 6.5 CM mounted in an MDT LSS-XL Gen 2 chassis. The polymer 8 round AICS magazine feeds and results in a much smoother bolt action than the original Savage magazine. I'll never go back. Super Smooth - Super Reliable.

VooDoo

Sep 23, 2017
Got a question for some of y’all. I got some ax mags instead of the aics that was advertised. Long story. My question is could i dremel or grind the front lip off to fit into regular aics bottom metal

Apr 18, 2014
Colorado
Got a question for some of y’all. I got some ax mags instead of the aics that was advertised. Long story. My question is could i dremel or grind the front lip off to fit into regular aics bottom metal
You could always use a small hammer to tap it flat

Which brings me to my question: is there any difference between the AICS mag and the AX mag aside from that front lip? Does one allow a little longer seating depth or are they comparable in that area?

Jun 27, 2017
You could always use a small hammer to tap it flat

Which brings me to my question: is there any difference between the AICS mag and the AX mag aside from that front lip? Does one allow a little longer seating depth or are they comparable in that area?
I think the AW and AX mags are similar just the front lips are lower on the AX. Both are double stacked and double feed. The AICS is kinda double stacked (1.5 stack?/staggered) but only single feed at the top.

Josh explains this on the video above

Apr 18, 2014
Colorado
I should have clarified a bit. I think what I have is an AICS AX mag, not a AX mag for the AXMC rifle. Mine is the staggered "double" stack, single feed that looks identical the standard AICS mag, except the AICS AX mag has that little lip. Let me see if I can link a listing for the mag.

https://www.eurooptic.com/ax-aics-magazine-10-round-762-308.aspx

EuroOptic also has a list of all the AI mags under the "Which AI mag do I want?" section. I believe I have 6955. The standard AICS 10-rd mag is 3902. That's why I'm wondering if there is any difference between the two, specifically the seating depths.

https://www.eurooptic.com/ai-magazines.aspx

Jun 27, 2017
Not sute...how long ago did u get your rifle? Bought mine last year and it came with AX mags...I think serial # is 6677 for AX Short Action mag. Not sure if AI may've changed this from single to dual feed mags since release of rifle.

Jun 27, 2017
i see, AX Chassis and NOT an AX. in this case, i think it depends on what "cut" your action has. If its cut for dual feed you can use AW/AT/AX mags and AICS mags. but if it's cut for for AICS, i think you're limited to the 6955 (staggered single feed) AICS mags.
attached photo...i think the circled area shows the dual feed mag cut-out.

i'm not totally sure on this, someone else with better knowledge pls chime in. will try to help best i can.

Attachments

Top Bottom