Another Picture Thread - All Other Semi-Autos

Mar 9, 2018
Yes sirSir. A tad redundant, however with the 300wsm being a 65k psi round/cartridge, Asi & I decided there could be a time when the added leverage could be of some advantage...so she got the Radian raptor Nib model.
Thank you for responding!
I hope 1 day soon I'll get her finished and broke in. She wears a 26.5" ultra match stainless steel bbl and I hope to shoot her long distance

Mar 9, 2018
Currently my plan is to top her w ADRecon sw 20 moa to hold PA Platinum 6x30 56mm. Perhaps stand her on a over the apex bipod but haven't decided which one. Then I want to ceracoat her, purplesage/tungston/tan or something simular, not a fan of black lol
My little work in progress.

Mike 556

Sergeant of the Hide
Jan 31, 2018
Northeast PA
Currently my plan is to top her w ADRecon sw 20 moa to hold PA Platinum 6x30 56mm. Perhaps stand her on a over the apex bipod but haven't decided which one. Then I want to ceracoat her, purplesage/tungston/tan or something simular, not a fan of black lol
My little work in progress.
That's one serious weapon! Keep us posted on your progress. Really want to know how you like the platinum scope.
Mike

Dec 13, 2011
Georgia
The SIG 553 R P, the "Czar of AK's", in 7.62x39:

View attachment 6882042 View attachment 6882043

Yes, it's a "pistol". 100 total imported into the U.S.
DAMN! Beautiful! Whats your opinion on the SIG/SG 550-series rifles and carbines? And how does the new(-ish) SIG 556 compare to the original 550-series? I remember reading an anecdote from the owner of Battlefield Vegas that his armorer took like 1.5 hours to put a disassembled 552's lower back together and that it was "Swiss watch complex". Considering the accuracy of their previous K31 service rifles, did they require the same/similar level of precision/quality in their gas guns?

MSTN

Sergeant
Jan 31, 2010
MIDDLE OF ARIZONA
MSTN.BIZ
Thank you for the kind words.

While I've not yet fired the pistol shown, the other four Swiss-made 550-series weapons I've owned are in a class by themselves, IMO. Amazingly accurate, reliable, and quite overbuilt. My results with the the two U.S.-made 556 versions I've owned has been less successful.

I've never taken apart a Swiss watch, nor would I even try, but I can change out parts in the Swiss 550-series fire control group without too much trouble. So, my guess is the firearms are much more straightforward.

On the subject of Swiss K31's, they too are in a class by themselves. That's why they win so much in the vintage matches at Camp Perry.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2017
Oregon
6.5 Grendel i put together using Odin Works 20" barrel, Billet upper receiver and 02 lite forend, 80% lower, Larue MBT Trigger, BCM lower parts kit and stock kit and LUTH Stock and a MARCH 8x80x56mm scope IMG_0545.JPG

Dec 13, 2011
Georgia
Thank you for the kind words.

While I've not yet fired the pistol shown, the other four Swiss-made 550-series weapons I've owned are in a class by themselves, IMO. Amazingly accurate, reliable, and quite overbuilt. My results with the the two U.S.-made 556 versions I've owned has been less successful.

I've never taken apart a Swiss watch, nor would I even try, but I can change out parts in the Swiss 550-series fire control group without too much trouble. So, my guess is the firearms are much more straightforward.

On the subject of Swiss K31's, they too are in a class by themselves. That's why they win so much in the vintage matches at Camp Perry.
What kinda accuracy could you expect with match ammo out of them(SG 550's)? Are the barrels free floating?

Nov 18, 2017
PA
ZEV AR10 upper/lower
ZEV 16.6" MLok rail
20" Proof CF 6.5CM barrel
SLR adjustable GB
JP FMOS
JP SCS
Magpul UBR G2
Hiperfire 24c
ZEV ambi CH
Precision Armament M4-72