Another new feature in Strelok Pro!

Just Chuck

VF 74 BeDevilers
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2018
Colorado
Thanks Racer88 for the how-to on using the camera angle - have not used that before.

I'm using an iPhone 6 and updates are automatic for me - now using 5.17. You can find the version by opening 'settings' and scrolling to the bottom, click on 'about strelok pro' and it will show what version you have.

This is a great app and pretty much nails my trajectory dead on. I use is most for the 22lr tactical shoots - they say winds and holds for 22lr very similar to 308win. Igor has an amazing data base of ammo, bullets, scope reticles, to pick from.

Yup - I'm a big fan of Strelok Pro.

Just Chuck

VF 74 BeDevilers
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2018
Colorado
People do not want to hear this, but the reticle feature is a distraction for both the developer and shooter. For the developer, it takes time away just trying to manage the new reticles and for the shooter a crutch.

Sure some are going to totally disagree with me and say how handy it is to visualize the drop in their scope. But unless you have electro optics, that process is slower than taking the time to truly know your reticle inside and out.

I would say, if you find that you need the perfect reticle in an app to show you the drop, you need to spend more time understanding your scope and drop.. just saying..
I wouldn't argue with you at all, but the reticle feature is a nice-to-have bit of chrome to me. And there are occasions where it's nice to look at - more for wind hold than elevation. yeah, mag wheels on a '66 Mustang...sorta.

Reactions: SonicBurlap

LastShot300

Sergeant
Belligerents
Feb 20, 2013
People do not want to hear this, but the reticle feature is a distraction for both the developer and shooter. For the developer, it takes time away just trying to manage the new reticles and for the shooter a crutch.

Sure some are going to totally disagree with me and say how handy it is to visualize the drop in their scope. But unless you have electro optics, that process is slower than taking the time to truly know your reticle inside and out.

I would say, if you find that you need the perfect reticle in an app to show you the drop, you need to spend more time understanding your scope and drop.. just saying..
Let me add to that that the reticle feature is basicalles useless. At most, two or three designs are all what is needed.

seansmd

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2018
San Jose, CA
I did notice the wind hold seems backwards to me in where it places the target for a 90 degree wind. I am probably wrong but i expect 90 to translate wind coming from 90 right to leftScreenshot_20190809-145928_Strelok Pro.jpg

Racer88

Firearms Pedant
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2018
I did notice the wind hold seems backwards to me in where it places the target for a 90 degree wind. I am probably wrong but i expect 90 to translate wind coming from 90 right to leftView attachment 7126921
So, the hold pictured here is correct. If the wind is coming from the right (blowing to the left), your hold is "into the wind," right? So, the crosshair is "up-wind."

Racer88

Firearms Pedant
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2018
Duh, yes!
Don't be embarrassed... I can't tell you how many times I've dialed the wrong direction for windage at the range. LOL! I become temporarily dyslexic!

• Haha
Reactions: seansmd

SonicBurlap

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2018
Don't be embarrassed... I can't tell you how many times I've dialed the wrong direction for windage at the range. LOL! I become temporarily dyslexic!
I rarely dial windage, it has to be a pretty strong wind to make that happen, holdover is quicker. Also, I do agree that the reticle listing in the app is just like custom hubcaps on a car, nice to look at and to have but really not necessary for its function.

Last edited:

Racer88

Firearms Pedant
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2018
I rarel

I rarely dial windage, it has to be a pretty strong wind to make that happen, holdover is quicker. Also, I do agree that the reticle listing in the app is just like custom hubcaps on a car, nice to look at and to have but really not necessary for its function.
True. I was referring to the times when I'm zeroing a rifle, not compensating for wind. Should have made that more clear. :)

I think the reticle view does have a use or purpose... I think it's a useful tool for newbies to learn about how scopes work as it pertains to bullet drop and windage. I know I played around with it a lot, while sitting on my couch. But, in the field... not so much. I agree with that.

ChaosActual

Belligerents
Jan 6, 2019
Twentynine Palms, CA.
I'm glad I saw this thread. I didn't know this feature existed despite going shooting a few times since this update has been pushed. I'm sure it'll help since often times the glare makes the screen hard to read while I'm trying to do some quick calculations on the side.

dustingaunder

Untitled
Belligerents
Dec 11, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
www.google.com
I can’t get the change cartridge thing to work on iOS. I have several programmed for my rifle and a long tap on the rifle selection in the home screen just waits for me to let go and acts like a short tap. Latest versions of iOS and StrelokPro.

Jimgal62

Gunny Sergeant
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jul 10, 2014
Humble, TX
I can’t get the change cartridge thing to work on iOS. I have several programmed for my rifle and a long tap on the rifle selection in the home screen just waits for me to let go and acts like a short tap. Latest versions of iOS and StrelokPro.
I d not have that problem on my iPhone.

Reactions: Just Chuck