Annealing after sizing???

Tanner Garrett

T-money628
Hessian
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2019
Omaha tx
So I brought a Annealeez a couple of weeks ago, but of course it took a couple weeks to get and should be here in a day or so. I’ve already sized 100 pieces for a match this weekend and was wondering it's ok to anneal it after sizing it.

jetsurgeon

Private
Belligerents
Sep 16, 2011
Creedmoor, NC
Oh boy I can’t wait to hear the responses with this question..... :cool:

How about you load and shoot your brass for the match, and then next time you anneal before you size it.....

But you have a new toy, I understand......,got any junk brass to play around with it before you do your match brass?

Have fun and good luck!

straightshooter1

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2017
AZ
So I brought a Annealeez a couple of weeks ago, but of course it took a couple weeks to get and should be here in a day or so. I’ve already sized 100 pieces for a match this weekend and was wondering it's ok to anneal it after sizing it.
As mentioned above, I'd say it best to anneal before you size as that tends to produce less spring back and a little easier to get consistent neck tension.

Also, after annealing, be sure to clean the inside of the neck as oxidized residue on that inside surface creates a lot of friction leading to very inconsistent seating depth.

Reactions: TxWelder35

TxWelder35

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2018
DFW
As mentioned above, I'd say it best to anneal before you size as that tends to produce less spring back and a little easier to get consistent neck tension.

Also, after annealing, be sure to clean the inside of the neck as oxidized residue on that inside surface creates a lot of friction leading to very inconsistent seating depth.
Haven’t heard thag before. Going to be using my annealeez for the first time soon. Good to know

7mMike

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2017
Nh/Vt
I think most people will tell you it’s like wiping before you shit.. I’m no reloading wizard but I believe it’s the point of consistent shoulder bump and neck tension.

918v

Manipulated by Variables
Belligerents
Jul 15, 2007
Miserable CA
Yes, but don’t be surprised if the accuracy goes to shit.