And so, it begins.

gafferq2xl

Trigger Ape
Belligerents
May 7, 2006
Wichita, KS
20180424_073134.jpg 20180424_073141.jpg 20180424_073149.jpg

A McMillan Beast 2 arrived at my house this Saturday and after fondling it for a couple hours I decided add it to the component list for my ELR build. Other components are as follows;

375 CheyTac
Stiller Tac 408 w/40MOA rail
K&P 36" barrel
T5 Teminator
Bix-n-Andy Sport Tac
PTG SS trigger guard
March FX 5-40 FML-1 or
NF F1 7-35 Mil C
ARC rings or mount

Last edited:

mijp5

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
May 7, 2009
I believe that is the first stock like that I have seen outside of the McM website. Great color. That is for a 408 cheyenne?

gafferq2xl

Trigger Ape
Belligerents
May 7, 2006
Wichita, KS
If you don't mind me asking what was wrong with the beast?
Upon receiving the Beast 2 I found it very desirable so I sent it back and instructed them to inlet it asap. Via phone my gunsmith was consulted for inletting specs.

Several weeks went by and I called to inquire how the inletting was proceeding. The response I received wasn't anything less than devastating. Somehow, an identical stock was dicovered to be missing. This missing stock was slated to go to another customer. As such the one I bought was no longer available due to this other sale.

Without much in the way of options aside from start a new order and not much understanding over this issue I went with a Manners.

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 6, 2011
MA
Upon receiving the Beast 2 I found it very desirable so I sent it back and instructed them to inlet it asap. Via phone my gunsmith was consulted for inletting specs.

Several weeks went by and I called to inquire how the inletting was proceeding. The response I received wasn't anything less than devastating. Somehow, an identical stock was dicovered to be missing. This missing stock was slated to go to another customer. As such the one I bought was no longer available due to this other sale.

Without much in the way of options aside from start a new order and not much understanding over this issue I went with a Manners.
So you bought a stock, received it, than sent it back for inletting and than they sold your stock causing basically a reorder of your bought and paid for stock?

gafferq2xl

Trigger Ape
Belligerents
May 7, 2006
Wichita, KS
So you bought a stock, received it, than sent it back for inletting and than they sold your stock causing basically a reorder of your bought and paid for stock?
Not exactly. Their inventory showed 2 stocks on hand but one that was sold before mine came up missing. By default (I guess) the stock I bought slid to the other customer based on sales timeline. When this was explained to me was the time I ordered a different stock.