That is a true statement however I'm thinking about other things as well, more than just actions and the chassis. It was important for us to streamline our workflows by revising the Nucleus design. Doing so will help us deliver both the actions and the chassis faster. After all, both products draw from the same scarce resources.And here's why our XYLO's are still hanging out there.....Ted's been thinking about actions some more.
Scroll down to read about the $795 Nucleus Gen 1.1 Customers with pending orders can choose from either the $795 Gen 1.1 or the $1000 Gen 2.0 American Rifle Company Nucleus® Gen 2.0 American Rifle Company is proud to introduce the Nucleus Gen 2.0 bolt action. We decided to update the Nucleus...forum.snipershide.com
Another reason for the delay was my choice to deliberately delay the development, or at least alleviate the delivery pressure that I feel, in order to let the design mature a bit. Along the way, new ideas have been incorporated that I think you guys will like very much.
And, in the spirit of the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, my focus on the chassis waxes and wains like the phases of the moon. I have difficulty persevering at things after the initial excitement of the design phase subsides. We are well into the production phase now and I am not as excited about it as I should be.
But now with Shot Show fast approaching, the pressure is on to deliver pre-orders and to have the final version of the chassis on display at the show. I will publish computer renderings soon. In the meantime, have a look at the pics below. What's shown is the main part of the production chassis after the first main machining operation. I've also attached a screen shot of the final design.
- Weight is approximately 4.65 pounds as shown in the screen shot below
- Two inches of length-of-pull fast tool-less adjustment. By fast, I mean easily less that two seconds, basically on the fly.
- Additional one inch of length-of pull-adjustment requiring wrench
- Plenty of fast tool-less cheek piece adjustment up and down.
- Plenty cheek piece adjustment left and right, fore and aft, as well a some rotation in the horizontal plane.
- Rubber cheek piece stretched over underlying aluminum structure.
- Cheek-piece lock
- Ergonomic walnut piston grip enabling optimal hand placement for extremely fast bolt cycling.
- Vertically adjustable Kick-Eez recoil pad made specifically for the Xylo.
- Three serviceable and extremely durable hardened stainless steel swivel cups.
- Includes bag rider having four additional integrally machined swivel cups.
- M-LOK slots along both sides of the fore end.
- Integrally machine ARCA rail compatible with Area 419 ARCALOCK
- Integrally machined Anschutz rail
- Fully integrated pop-out ambi-bubble level that guys over 40 can actually see. Look just in front of the mag well.
- Supplemental recoil lug wedge locking device for immobilizing the action
- Mag latch that prevents magazine-bolt drag
- One-piece 7075 aluminum main body
- 3/8" diameter 6Al4V titanium length-of-pull slide rods
- Anodized finish
- Forward Picatinny optics mount
- Auxiliary bi-pod adapter
- Internal and external fore end weight kit
- Steel bag riders doubling as aft end weight kit