Aka Makka Ilhan OMar swears on the Koran instead of Bible

Aug 24, 2010
Northeast Wyoming
Might as well have them swear in on something they believe in, not that the left upholds their oath to uphold and support the Constitution anyhow.

Honestly, I'd rather politicians lay their hands on a copy of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Even better, line them up at the National Archives and lay their hands over the glass protected actual documents themselves. Then make them fucking read every last word out loud and swear upon their life to not violate it, punishable by old school tar and feather followed by the gallows if they do.

Nov 10, 2010
UT
Might as well have them swear in on something they believe in, not that the left upholds their oath to uphold and support the Constitution anyhow.

Honestly, I'd rather politicians lay their hands on a copy of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Even better, line them up at the National Archives and lay their hands over the glass protected actual documents themselves. Then make them fucking read every last word out loud and swear upon their life to not violate it, punishable by old school tar and feather followed by the gallows if they do.
1st part: exactly
2nd part: I love that idea.

Strykervet

Resident Phoenix Eye and Dim Mak Instructor
Jun 5, 2011
Pierce County, WA
If I swear in, it'll be on a 7-8.

Fucking A, right on.