Aero M5E1 6.5 trigger upgrade

RANDY AMBS

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2019
What are your preferences and why did you choose the trigger that you use in your AR10 builds. Thanks

bfoosh006

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 13, 2007
PNW
my fav is geissele ssa-e, on most of my gas guns
This.... I have made this trigger a "standard" for manyof my builds.

Wait for it to be on sale though... Geissele has sales often enough.

IMHO, and the reason for choosing that specific trigger, is the 2 stage feel and consistency.

With a 2 stage , I feel like I can back off the shoot ( if I am getting squirrely at the bench )

And the 2 stage pull is nice and light.

RANDY AMBS

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2019
This.... I have made this trigger a "standard" for manyof my builds.

Wait for it to be on sale though... Geissele has sales often enough.

IMHO, and the reason for choosing that specific trigger, is the 2 stage feel and consistency.

With a 2 stage , I feel like I can back off the shoot ( if I am getting squirrely at the bench )

And the 2 stage pull is nice and light.
Thank you for the help. I had a two stage trigger on my RPR and would like to stay with the two stage.

Reactions: bfoosh006

JHBearbait

Private
Belligerents
Mar 30, 2002
Wyoming
Yep, Geissele for sure. The SSA-E in most, but I use the match trigger in a few when I want a lighter pull than 3.5 lbs.

Spblademaker

Don’t tell my wife
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 24, 2017
Hiperfire and LaRue. Hard to beat the LaRue with their price right now.

Mwalex

Private
Belligerents
Jun 8, 2011
The LaRue is a great trigger for the price. I use the Geissele SSA for most of my rifles if I want a two piece trigger. For a two stage drop-in I have used Wilson Combat and really like them.

RANDY AMBS

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2019
The AR Diamond would be the crown jewel but thinking I may try CMC,s 2 stage match trigger. Midway priced between the Geissele and TT. Would give me a little wiggle room for some other upgrades I would also like to make.

flyer

Unicorn hunter
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2018
I have a couple Larue triggers, an SR Gold and a Rise RA135. The SR Gold is the best but not by too much. The Rise is a pretty crisp single stage, the Larues are nice and pretty light two stage triggers.

All of them are a good step up from an LPK trigger, even after a 15 minute trigger job.

Scotts556

Sergeant
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 23, 2009
Texas
Id pick your favorite G trigger. I dont support Larue but that's me.

Almonz

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2019
IA
For cheaper builds I go with LaRue MBTs. I like them more than my Geisseles until you get up to the SSA-E. When money isn't a factor I run Triggertech Adaptables. Just one man's opinion though.