I have the AT versions sent out to people for testing, and am waiting for feedback. Then I will incorporate any changes so I can test a "final" design at a PRS match in June. Once that is complete, I am still looking to have final parts in hand ready to ship by the end of June.
It will work. The Pre-14 AX chassis looks to be the same as the current AT.
Here are is model compatibility for the thumb rest:
- AE MK I/II/III, and original AICS chassis : thumb rest will NOT work
- AW : thumb rest will NOT work
- AT and ATAICS : thumb rest will work on folding stock variants only
---> EDIT: Looking at AI's website, the 223 and 308 ATAICS fixed-stock variants will not work. However, the long action 300WM and 338 fixed-stocks will work, as those have the flush cups installed.
- Pre-14 AX and AXAICS : thumb rest will work (not sure about non-folders, I would need pictures to confirm)
- Current AX308, AXMC, and AXAICS : thumb rest will work (also not sure about non-folders)
All compatible variants will be offered in RH and LH.
Unfortunately AI decided not to put their factory flush cups located within the grip skins (like they have on the folding versions). If one was willing to do permanent modifications to their rifle, they could drill a hole through the chassis in that location and replicate the flush cup of the folding AT, thus allowing the thumb rest to work. Extreme, I know, but technically it would be possible.