Accuracy International Picture Thread

trophyhunter

Gun Father
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2011
Brownsville, Tx
Damn, guess a buddy and I had s* luck with them. Jammed after the 7th round every time we tried like a good number of them. On 3 AX's. Even sent them back to HRD and they had ran to the same problem. They said I should put more lube on the bolt to help out,.... yeah, that's a no from me. Dumped the BR and Dasher cause of it. Back to the 6x47L.

Had one guy said to modify the back lugs cause that's where it was catching, forcing the rounds to slowly move forward until it was nose diving. Again, that's a big F*ing no from me.

I've seen guys buy stuff to run in an AI only to see them sell their BR variant not long after. Maybe they didn't have luck either lol

Cool, accurate and consistent calibers, but I can get great numbers with the x47L too.

If it runs on your rifle, good on you. Run it....
Mind I ask what length freebore you were running ?

Reason I ask is I had issues with PVA spacers when I was shorter then .104” fb in my dasher, it was a weird reamer, something like .045” it was weird. Then I went to my regular reamer with .125” and jumped into the HRD after meeting Dan at a match in Dallas, it never skipped a beat. Later I found out my first reamer was and since then even my BRA at .110” has been great

This was in my AX, then i sold a dasher barrel to a buddy for his AT and his worked great as well.

Reactions: blbennett1288

trophyhunter

Gun Father
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2011
Brownsville, Tx
Mine are standard AX and AW mags as they came out of the package then only swapped over the spring & followers to HRD. I hated cutting my follower for PVA inserts. Mag lips were not tweaked at all.

bb505

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Dec 1, 2018
SE Wisconsin
I joined the club this morning after a long week of waiting, I'm impressed! After having a few AX and AT chassis for rem 700, I thought the real deal would be slicker. I went with the Elite Sand, be because that is how i live my life, elite. I am the fastest person in my house, my mom's favorite child, and I one knew a navy seal. But mostly got this color because it was a very good deal and the ability to change barrels is slick! Suposedly this only used to break in the barrel (308).

It also seems there is no first stage at this time in the trigger pull, so the I'll have to look into that until I pony up for the comp trigger. Thanks to @samb300 for letting me try yours for a shot at the last match! Your accessories will soon follow.
20190917_165007.jpg20190917_164940.jpg

NoLegs24

Wheels
Belligerents
Aug 15, 2013
San Diego, CA
Mind I ask what length freebore you were running ?

Reason I ask is I had issues with PVA spacers when I was shorter then .104” fb in my dasher, it was a weird reamer, something like .045” it was weird. Then I went to my regular reamer with .125” and jumped into the HRD after meeting Dan at a match in Dallas, it never skipped a beat. Later I found out my first reamer was and since then even my BRA at .110” has been great

This was in my AX, then i sold a dasher barrel to a buddy for his AT and his worked great as well.

Dasher was .104" and BR was .113"

Yeah, I have PVA spacers but never used them since the HRD kits came out at the time

oh well, I've always got good numbers with the 6x47l, so sticking with that as I know it'll feed regardless.

OzzyO20

Private
Belligerents
Jul 2, 2014
London, KY
Dasher was .104" and BR was .113"

Yeah, I have PVA spacers but never used them since the HRD kits came out at the time

oh well, I've always got good numbers with the 6x47l, so sticking with that as I know it'll feed regardless.
What kind of barrel life are you getting in the 6x47? I've never had a single feeding issue with my 6XC in my AT, and don't necessarily want to start.

I'm trying to sell my 6xc AI barrel, mainly cause of the lack of Lapua brass. 6x47 is bad close to 6 Dasher as far as my interests are concerned.

Reactions: Cody S

NoLegs24

Wheels
Belligerents
Aug 15, 2013
San Diego, CA
@OzzyO20 It's a match barrel up until 1500 rounds. It becomes a short practice barrel after that. I retire them at 2000 rounds as I rather not waste components on a barrel that will die on me soon.

Reactions: OzzyO20

whiskeytower

Private
Belligerents
Oct 22, 2011
What ever happened to the AI webstore? Didnt they have swag and accessories on there? Last I saw it was still "coming soon". Anyone got an update?

Reactions: trophyhunter

Estes640

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Gainesville,FL
So I don’t buy it myself, there’s a folder ai at with standard and comp triggers in 6.5 Creedmoor on LRH forum for 2500 shipped. I’m kicking myself for offering it up, but I can’t swing it with having to buy a new car

drkhrs2

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Jan 13, 2009
I sent an email and said I’d take it. I can’t post there for some reason. I’ll let you know if it’s the real deal.

blbennett1288

de·plor·a·ble
Belligerents
Apr 24, 2017
Hoover, Alabama
@MysizeisMAGNUM @trophyhunter @NoLegs24

Following up on the 6BR discussion. I ran some factory Lapua 6BR through the Win Tac 6BR barrel with .124” free-bore. Rounds 30-35 on the barrel group below. I am hoping it’ll speed up a bit after 50-100 rounds. Still waiting on McCourts Test Series and 300 rounds.

2755fps, SD 10-11fps, ES 30-35fps

45D0FEDB-A2D9-4E6D-99FC-946E71BFB008.jpeg

A couple notes about the 6BR in AI:

1.) Zero issues feeding during live (35rds) or dry chambering (50rds)
2.) 100% ejection rate during live fire
3.) ~50% ejection rate during dry chambering. The bullet and casing stuck in barrel, have to turn rifle upright and hit on butt. This concerned me at first but with 100% ejection rate during live fire these fears were quenched
4.) run the bolt normally. Playing with spent casings and slower bolt cycling rates may cause the fat 6BR case to not eject from the port. No issues when running normally

Last edited:

trophyhunter

Gun Father
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2011
Brownsville, Tx
@MysizeisMAGNUM @trophyhunter @NoLegs24

Following up on the 6BR discussion. I ran some factory Lapua 6BR through the Win Tac 6BR barrel with .124” free-bore. Rounds 30-35 on the barrel group below. I am hoping it’ll speed up a bit after 50-100 rounds. Still waiting on McCourts Test Series and 300 rounds.

2755fps, SD 10-11fps, ES 30-35fps

View attachment 7150366

A couple notes about the 6BR in AI:

1.) Zero issues feeding during live (35rds) or dry chambering (50rds)
2.) 100% ejection rate during live fire
3.) ~50% ejection rate during dry chambering. The bullet and casing stuck in barrel, have to turn rifle upright and hit on butt. This concerned me at first but with 100% ejection rate during live fire these fears were quenched
4.) run the bolt normally. Playing with spent casings and slower bolt cycling rates may cause the fat 6BR case to not eject from the port. No issues when running normally
Measure your shoulders before firing and after firing, if the cases are a tad short it could create an issues with non fired extraction cause extractor can’t grasp the entire rim.

could either be short brass or a tad deeper chamber, neither an issue but something to check.

Badfinger

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2013
Dayton, OH Area
I've been in contact with AI and their store is not up yet but they send some stickers. They also said they will have hats and other swag when they reopen. (y)

Reactions: Huskydriver

Bravo6niner

Private
Belligerents
Oct 30, 2017
Colorado
What’s the going price for a pre 2014 AXMC(long action)? I’m thinking I might want to start looking for one in a few months and just curious what a fair price for one would be since the price of post ‘14’s have softened a bit lately.

samb300

Anarchy Outdoors, Accuracy Obsession
Belligerents
Feb 22, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
What’s the going price for a pre 2014 AXMC(long action)? I’m thinking I might want to start looking for one in a few months and just curious what a fair price for one would be since the price of post ‘14’s have softened a bit lately.
Not sure if I’m on the same page as you, but there is no pre-14 “AXMC”, I’m pretty sure that’s the AX338. Non-skeleton buttstock, no quick change barrel, and no multi-caliber ability. I think I’ve seen those in 338 Lapua selling used for $4750-ish.

Unless you’re talking about the original PSR rifle, which is a totally different animal.

Bravo6niner

Private
Belligerents
Oct 30, 2017
Colorado
Not sure if I’m on the same page as you, but there is no pre-14 “AXMC”, I’m pretty sure that’s the AX338. Non-skeleton buttstock, no quick change barrel, and no multi-caliber ability. I think I’ve seen those in 338 Lapua selling used for $4750-ish.

Unless you’re talking about the original PSR rifle, which is a totally different animal.
Ya AX338 is the term I shoulda used. Thanks for the correction.

Reactions: samb300

Chasing3

Private
Belligerents
Jun 18, 2017
Frisco, TX
I posted in the PX a WTB with no success. Anyone here have a set of Green AIAT skins for a folder they want to sell? I could order from Mile High but they said it may be a wait. You can PM me direct if you have some. Here is a picture of the current set so I am not totally hijacking the threading, apologies.

Attachments

Reactions: viking78

aam

Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 28, 2009
Local fish & chip shop
View attachment 7147668left is my AX mag that came with my rifle and right is an AW mag i picked up 2nd hand to work with it. Every other genuine AI mag I have ever seen has the AI logo stamped on the bottom. Did another company also make AW mags aftermarket? Cheers
[/QUOTE

I have a 2009 AW and none of those mags have the AI logo on the base plate .
AI made some mags with the logo and some without.

This also applies to the AICS mags to suit Remmies, I’ve got five mags and only two with AI logo on the base plate.

Reactions: PrecisionRifleGuy

Ordnance Locker

Private
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2019
Yeah, I bought a couple and they have long since passed. Kinda wishing I kept them now. Seems like it’ll be a bigger PITA to get them re-produced than it is worth unfortunately.
Bryan is working on having more made, and they will likely be sold through Hat Creek Training. Everytime I post up pics with those plates, we get a ton of requests, and I relayed that to the original manufacturer who made them for Bryan and Altus. When they come available, I'll try to remember to get on here and post them up for you all to get at.

captainmorgan460

Private
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2017
Sioux Falls, SD
IMG_20190904_105100_822.jpg
Got out the other day to stretch the legs on the Atips. Love everything about this wonder-rifle.

Theres a possibility in coming years I do a 6BR variant (thinking 6BRA). My grand idea is to fireform in the spring shooting prairie dogs then 6bra in the summer matches. Seems like some have issues feeding others don't?

eyekahn

Private
Belligerents
Oct 2, 2012
Anyone running a MK5 on an AX? Searched this whole thread and don’t think I saw one.