Accuracy International Picture Thread

deersniper

Online Training Member
Feb 22, 2007
N. Maryland
It occurred to me that at some point in the future, I may want to use my Bobro mount on the AI. If not this Bobro mount, maybe another Bobro mount. My guess was that, based on the Larue not being able to close, that the Bobro wouldn't either. My guess was spot on. You can't really tell from this photo that it doesn't fit (because the Bobro levers have spring actuators forcing them into the open position unless they're locked down), but you can tell that I tried. It wasn't even close to fitting.

This, in my book, is unacceptable. Edit to add: I'm hoping that there is some scientific/esoteric reason that they have manufactured mine this way of which I am just unaware.

I have an email into AI, and I have an email (following a conversation) into my dealer - who said his own AI is the same as mine. Although I didn't get the impression that he thought it was a big deal, he did say he'd forward on the question to AI himself.

View attachment 6875979
What did they say? I had to loosen my GDI 2-3 turns to get it to close. I will use NF rings eventually but the rail should be in spec.

Papagallos

Gunny Sergeant
Nov 5, 2009
South Texas, United States
She arrived yesterday. I've been in love before with rifles, but this love is different; way different.

Behold...

AIAX 6.5 Creedmoor.jpg

Attachments

AXMC

Sergeant of the Hide
Apr 24, 2017
Short answer: yes and yes .
Longer answer: yes, the double stack double feed mags, (the aw and the identical [except for the added front lip] ax double stack mags) are for the triple-lug AI actions, while the double stack, single feed (short action) and single stack, single feed (long action) AICS mags (the AX versions are again identical but with an added front lip) work only with the chassis.
Does that make sense?

deersniper

Online Training Member
Feb 22, 2007
N. Maryland
I was looking. For a video on changing barrels (I guess you just loosen the set screw and screw the new one in hand tight) and came across this video , gotta lol at the comments

Apr 11, 2014
First, this is freaking awesome (the Kryptek Typhon one, that is). I'm not particularly a Kryptek fan, either (even though I understand it is extremely effective, and probably should have been selected by the military).

A challenge for you: seal the deal and get the scope painted/dipped as well.

Apr 11, 2014
Well... Is it sad that I look at this thread as motivation to go to class lol? Graduate in 5 weeks, get a good job and buy my own.
Nope. I used to do the same thing, except with Porsches. Then I bought one, drove it on the weekends only, cringed at my insurance bills. Eventually, walking past it in my garage to my daily driver started to actually cause negative enjoyment (I hate depreciating assets, plus the insurance bills), so I sold it. Only once in a while do I miss it.

Long story short - a good long-range precision rifle is better than a Porsche (If it's not apparent, that comment is completely indefensible and said with humor).

Study hard, best of luck to you! Also, this:
(Seriously, when you become 38 you'll realize how much of this is true).

TanktheFrank

UP AND COMING
Apr 1, 2017
San Marcos , Tx
I appreciate the advice and encouragement! I'm ready to get the hell out, but as soon as I do I know I'll miss how "easy" it is. Anyway, I know I'll be thinking of a pale brown axmc topped with a s&b when I jump in the river after walking the stage. (Tx state tradition) Mark my words, I'll be posting mine here soonish.

Sep 10, 2008
Dallas, TX
I appreciate the advice and encouragement! I'm ready to get the hell out, but as soon as I do I know I'll miss how "easy" it is. Anyway, I know I'll be thinking of a pale brown axmc topped with a s&b when I jump in the river after walking the stage. (Tx state tradition) Mark my words, I'll be posting mine here soonish.
eat ‘em up cats . . . . believe me, you’ll miss your time there. enjoy it as long as yu can. . . . couple extra semesters dont hurt . . .

Aug 23, 2017
Update: Got a chance to stretch the .300 Norma out to 1000. This barrel is extremely accurate! Shot a .2" 5 shot group at 100, then went right out to 1000 and shot just under 1/2 moa. Wind was pushing it around a little. Had a bad case of primer flow though, so the bolt was next day aired to Speedy Gonzales for bushing. Hopefully have it back this week and back to shooting next week.

Todd
What barrel twist did you go with for your 300 norma mag? Thanks

SHFoG(x)

New Hide Member
Apr 30, 2018
SNAFU308, if you don't mind me asking, how did you get the RRS adaptors into Australia? I'm really interested in one.
Tiktac, You can order them straight from the RRS website. Postage is a little exy. They have 2 different models; one for the AXMC (long action) and one for the AX .308 (short action - gen I and II).

SHFoG(x)

New Hide Member
Apr 30, 2018
The RRS plate is the same for the AX-AXMC rifles. The other version is for the AX AICS chassis
I found it very difficult to find out the difference between the bax15 and baxr15

RRS list this info

BAX15:
  • BAX15 Accuracy International Auxiliary Body Plate for AI AIAX/AXMC
  • (2) Safety Stop Screws
  • 2.5mm Hex Key
  • 4mm Hex Key

BAXR 15:
  • BAXR15 Accuracy International Auxiliary Body Plate for AX AICS Mkl&Mkll Short Action
  • (2) Safety Stop Screws
  • 2.5mm Hex Key
  • 4mm Hex Key
I have no physical experience fitting either.

On a seperate note, if you muck up the order, you can ship back to RRS at your expense for a refund or swap.

SHFoG(x)

New Hide Member
Apr 30, 2018
Based on the above info:

BAX15 is for AI rifles (ax short / ax MC long)
BAXR15 is for the AICS chassis (rem700 short)
Thanks kRcu for the interpretation, even when you compare the images on Mile high's page, they use the AX chassis for both models.

Top Bottom