Accuracy International Picture Thread

Mar 30, 2010
I think i have sussed it , the mag release leaver is bent ! how who knows how that happened must have taken a knock some.
Graeme is sending me one to fit.

Now decision is to fit the nightforce or get a s&b ultra short to go with the short barrel to keep the weight down

OzTRG

Sergeant
Feb 14, 2017
Hi monk medic, nice rifle. Regarding your request a sling suggestion. I have found the rifles only sling, for field shooting events, to be right on the money. Quick to fit, take off and adjust. The bungee is firm enough to add support over barricades, tripods etc. just my 2 cents worth

Ruggedtouch

Sergeant of the Hide
Jan 4, 2014
Hi monk medic, nice rifle. Regarding your request a sling suggestion. I have found the rifles only sling, for field shooting events, to be right on the money. Quick to fit, take off and adjust. The bungee is firm enough to add support over barricades, tripods etc. just my 2 cents worth
Hey OzTRG. I completely agree with your assessment of the Rifles Only bungee sling. I bought one several months ago and with a heavy field rifle, the bungee provides a little “give” to reduce the felt weight of the rifle.

RoterJager

The Red Hunter
Oct 21, 2013
The Frozen Tundra
Changed a few things up on my AIs. I just couldn’t like the 0.5 Mil subtensions and MIL numbers along the vertical stadia on the EBR-2C reticles. My fiancé didn’t seem to like the “Christmas Tree” style. Ended up selling off the Gen 2 Razors. Picked up an NF ATACR 7-35 Mil-C for the fiancés gun and a S&B PMii Ultra Short 3-20 H59 for me.

8C7774A4-5F7E-4952-80E1-293664F4560E.jpeg

Apr 11, 2014
Changed a few things up on my AIs. I just couldn’t like the 0.5 Mil subtensions and MIL numbers along the vertical stadia on the EBR-2C reticles. My fiancé didn’t seem to like the “Christmas Tree” style. Ended up selling off the Gen 2 Razors. Picked up an NF ATACR 7-35 Mil-C for the fiancés gun and a S&B PMii Ultra Short 3-20 H59 for me.

View attachment 6880833
Too bad you couldn't afford quality glass....
I'm a big NF fan - the people there are fantastic and their scopes are wonderfully durable, and my S&B has an SCF of 1.0 (I.e, it's perfect all the way through the full adjustment range). I think you made excellent choices! Were you able to buy the ATACR and get the free 10/22? If so,
And you don't want it, I'd like to own one!

RoterJager

The Red Hunter
Oct 21, 2013
The Frozen Tundra

Monk Medic

Rifleman. Deo Soli Gloria.
Feb 4, 2018
Maine
I'm happy with any of the chassis for the SSG, the old factory McMillian stock was nice, even the cost reduced SIG stock worked well.
I like the Accurate Mag/BML Tool folding chassis for the 24 inch from a standpoint of carrying in my ruck, and the compact size. I couldn't put the rifle with the fixed factory stock in my trunk, too long.

I don't see a downside with it, very slightly heavier than the factory stock, but the folding and adjustments make up for that. Build quality is excellent, cost is about $300 to $400 more than the McMillan stock, but if you love the rifle, it's the way to good.

Is the LRD system available, the link to the product on their web page appears to be broken.

http://store.accurate-mag.com/sporttactchassissystem.aspx

Hope that helps!

DSC_0942.jpg

Monk Medic

Rifleman. Deo Soli Gloria.
Feb 4, 2018
Maine
Took my buddy to the range on Tuesday to try out the new AL AXMC.

His 300 yards target below, left group, then shifted to final group.
Not bad for 300 yards.

He's a believer.

Highly impressed with this rifle.

Last mug is me.

IMG_1297.jpg IMG_1299.jpg IMG_1301.jpg

christopher.dow

I can use measuring things
Apr 28, 2017
San Francisco, CA
I'm happy with any of the chassis for the SSG, the old factory McMillian stock was nice, even the cost reduced SIG stock worked well.
I like the Accurate Mag/BML Tool folding chassis for the 24 inch from a standpoint of carrying in my ruck, and the compact size. I couldn't put the rifle with the fixed factory stock in my trunk, too long.

I don't see a downside with it, very slightly heavier than the factory stock, but the folding and adjustments make up for that. Build quality is excellent, cost is about $300 to $400 more than the McMillan stock, but if you love the rifle, it's the way to good.

Is the LRD system available, the link to the product on their web page appears to be broken.

http://store.accurate-mag.com/sporttactchassissystem.aspx

Hope that helps!

View attachment 6881562

Thank you very much! That will be helpful.

The LRD is supposed to ship in Q2, but both my buddy and I are product development guys, and know that man plans and God laughs. I’m thinking Q2 could mean, “Ship 10 units on 30 June”, and he’s worried about buying a Gen I product.

christopher.dow

I can use measuring things
Apr 28, 2017
San Francisco, CA
Hear you on Gen 1 product.
You know the expression, “The pioneers are the ones with the arrows in their back.” ;-)
With the SSG no longer imported, I’d be wondered why a firm would do new product development.

I should mention that there are 3 different front rails for the chassis, and two stocks, one with a butspike and one without.
The front rails, I tried all three, the one which looks more like a AR platform rail, which covered the barrel, did fit with my optic on, due to the height of the rail. I’m sure if I moved the optic up slightly would be fine, but didn’t want to buy another set of rings just for that purpose.

BML also makes mags for the SSG, which are becoming a somewhat rare commodity.
There is also a company it in eastern WA that makes and imports the factory mags, look up Benchmark Barrels.

Let me know how you make out, and if you like the stock.

Cheers.

Here’s another photo of the factory SIG stock and the BML, side by side. View attachment 6882363
Thanks for the additional info!

I think LRD is a Swedish company, and there’re a lot more SSGs in Europe. As far as the US chassis, I’m guessing it’s very similar to the chassis they make for other companies (they make the chassis for the Howa Chassis Rifle), so it’s probably similar to what McMillan does with different inletting.

Covertnoob5

Sergeant of the Hide
Feb 12, 2017
I’ve always wondered about the fluting. Both my AXMC bolts are fluted. I think some AT and axmc308 bolts are as well but not all?

armada

Sergeant
Feb 4, 2006
Livermore, California,
Well now mag issue sorted , scopes mounted . Starting to think a s&b ultra short is more in keeping with the plan of a light weight at if thats not a contradiction. I have a hardy barrel in 16” 7mm about to go on and a short proof 6.5 on order. Decisions !
View attachment 6884424 View attachment 6884425

WOW! You did the AX butt stock conversion. That is awesome! Did you get the parts from one of the US distributors?

Thanks for sharing.

Feb 15, 2017
Nice taste I see a Surefire SOCOM 2 some RRS a S&B , atlas and a Sphur mount!
Thanks. It was time to re-barrel the rifle I use for work, and I had been saving my pennies for quite a while, so I bought the AX and moved the suppressor, optic, and bipod from my old rifle to the new. The AX is a little out of my league, financially. On a deputy sheriff's salary, it took my savings and my entire tax refund, but from what I've seen so far, it was worth the sacrifice.

Feb 11, 2017
Fellas, I'm currently in the process of selling rifles to buy an AXMC, just out of curiosity, are there any 7mm aftermarket barrel options available through the prefit manufacturers?

Chargerguy

Sergeant of the Hide
Feb 18, 2017
Well now mag issue sorted , scopes mounted . Starting to think a s&b ultra short is more in keeping with the plan of a light weight at if thats not a contradiction. I have a hardy barrel in 16” 7mm about to go on and a short proof 6.5 on order. Decisions !
View attachment 6884424 View attachment 6884425
Wow does this ever look good. I hope AI offers factory ATs with this stock in the future.

kRcu

Jun 5, 2013
Denver, CO
I just picked up an AT and have a post-14 AX 700 chassis I’m selling. Debating swapping stocks and just lowering the price, as the 700 chassis would essentially become a pre-14.

Not sure what to do.

Badfinger

Sergeant of the Hide
Aug 11, 2013
Dayton, OH Area
Euro optic sells them but are out of stock. It looks like you have to unbolt/pin and debond the original from stock and then unbolt/pin epoxy the replacement on.

Link

Last edited:

Covertnoob5

Sergeant of the Hide
Feb 12, 2017
Saw this and thought it was interesting, looks like it’s an AXMC long action post 14, but with the pre 14 buttstock? I’m a sucker for thumbhole stocks and if I could get a thumbhole on my AXMC I would be in love all over again.

84F63C7F-441A-4A94-841C-16B7785C376F.png

kRcu

Jun 5, 2013
Denver, CO
How big a diff in feel/usability/adjustability of the post 2014 stock vs the clubfoot?
Other than folding right, the only other perk for me is that it doesn’t look like an Ugg boot.

I’m the lone shooter of my rifle, so I have no need for quick adjustments once setup for myself.

Aug 21, 2007
I wish there was a non QD retrofit for the cheek piece on the MC as it has come loose a couple times now.

AW has non QD screws for the cheek - set it once and forget it.

Top Bottom