Accuracy International Picture Thread

Covertnoob5

Sergeant of the Hide
Feb 12, 2017
Those SSGs would only find their way back home if I sent them off, they're pretty loyal.

I'm pretty set on the Dark Earth color at this point.

Your comment on the Spuhr mount prompts a question, did you buy the 0 MOA model, or the one with the inclination built in, 10 MOA I think?
I ask as I'm debating if I should get the 10 MOA model, just to be sure I can reach out past 1.5 miles in a ELR course.
Any other tips on the Spuhr? I like rings, but perhaps on AXMC rifle in .338 Lapua, it would be wise to have a more secure mount.

Excited? Yes, but also want to make sure that I truly buy once, cry once, and get the right kit.

Thanks,
Bruce
I would go for the one piece Spuhr with 10 moa built in. I run 40 moa on my AXMC.

Apr 11, 2014
My dealer assures me Mags/barrels in Elite sand are available from manufacture, I'll find out a month or so when the rifle I ordered arrives.
I just got this email from AINA:

AINA INQUIRIES
10:23 AM (11 minutes ago)
to me
Hello,

I'm sorry, the magazine is not available in dark earth. You can find them in black at either distributor.

Thank You,
Accuracy International

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message and any attachments to this message may contain privileged or confidential information and are intended only for use by the individual(s) or entities named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, use, dissemination or copying of this communication, its contents or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and then permanently delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

ITAR WARNING: The content or attachments to this email may contain defense technical data covered by the U.S. Munitions List and International Traffic in Arms Regulations. US State Dept. authority for export of such technical data from US is required. Re-export, re-transfer, or disclosure to unauthorized parties, including non-US Persons is prohibited
**************************************************************************************************************************

So, sort of like a Model T, you can have any color you want, as long as it's black (altough, I've seen PB ones available here and there, but AINA didn't point that out).

Dunno. . . magazine color isn't that important to me, but I'm starting to see the thread in the fabric of Accuracy International starting to come undone a little.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2014
Best of luck on a quick turn around. Replacing the rail under warranty should be straightforward.
Thanks. . . FedEx is now refusing to ship firearms (rifles, at least), by the way. I learned this after spending an hour at the FedEx office (from which I've shipped about 6 rifles before) going through what their policies used to be, explaining that AI is an FFL/SOT, manufacturer/supplier of firearms to our military, etc. So, Accuracy International is having to come up with a different way to get the rifle sent back.

Ruggedtouch

Online Training Member
Jan 4, 2014
Thanks. . . FedEx is now refusing to ship firearms (rifles, at least), by the way. I learned this after spending an hour at the FedEx office (from which I've shipped about 6 rifles before) going through what their policies used to be, explaining that AI is an FFL/SOT, manufacturer/supplier of firearms to our military, etc. So, Accuracy International is having to come up with a different way to get the rifle sent back.
Cheese and crackers. It sounds like you were met with some lame paper shuffler at Fed-X. While this is turning into one major headache, is it worth trying a different Fed-X location? I've also used Fed-X before to ship a rifle out to be inletted for bottom metal and it came back by US postal service.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2017
DC Area, MD
For contract carriers, they typically require you ship firearms at the depot. Never had an issue using a prepaid label from the manufacturer, but I also never told them what they were shipping.

Aug 20, 2012
virginia
dang that sucks with fedex. With the prepaid labels I typically just drop them off too. I do know one time with UPS they did tell me I had to go to a main hub which wasn't too far luckily. I did just drop my AI off at a FedEx 2 weeks ago because the bolt was out of spec and they didn't say anything but I guess neither did I.

Question for you guys doing barrel changes in the field. Are you using a torque wrench (if so what are you hauling with you) or are you just using the allen wrench under the cheek piece?

NPJB

Wheelchair door gunner
Feb 23, 2018
My AI AT with 308 and 6.5x47 barrels, S&B 3-20, Spuhr mount, Atlas bipod, SAP 2 round holder.

UK factory .308 barrel cut down to 16 inches

I've got a sound moderator that goes on the threaded muzzle break need to get a photo of that though

This is a still from a video I took shooting Prvi Match 168gr

My Krieger 6.5x47 Lapua 27 inch 1 in 8 twist barrel

QUESTION; How much does the complete rig weigh in at with that 16” barrel?

Apr 11, 2014
dang that sucks with fedex. With the prepaid labels I typically just drop them off too. I do know one time with UPS they did tell me I had to go to a main hub which wasn't too far luckily. I did just drop my AI off at a FedEx 2 weeks ago because the bolt was out of spec and they didn't say anything but I guess neither did I.

Question for you guys doing barrel changes in the field. Are you using a torque wrench (if so what are you hauling with you) or are you just using the allen wrench under the cheek piece?
1) Wait, what? You had an out of spec bolt? What were the effects of that? Have you seen page 12 of AI's brochure? It states that "every component...is rigorously inspected." I read the brochure in earnest before buying a $7K rifle, but when I spoke with [name withheld] at AI, he said that this wasn't true. We actually reviewed the brochure together over the phone when discussing my rail situation. With my rail and your bolt...well, my confidence in AI is rapidly eroding. Does anyone know if they've recently begun having new (non-British? Non-European?) subcontractors make their parts? It'd would be a shame to see their quality go down the tubes if so. But it definitely seems like something is up.

2) so far "in the field" has been in my house since I have yet to have a properly-manufactured AX, but I did get some fix-it sticks. Really liked them because if you buy the whole kit, you can take care of (Nightforce) rings (all screws) and then add on the AI 49lb limiter and have the whole rifle covered in a pouch. I had a Seekonk torque wrench for my MRAD, and while that was well built, it was heavy and cumbersome.

Aug 20, 2012
virginia
I agree I was not pleased about the bolt either. I will say in their defense although not a great one it was the 308 bolt and not the bolt that came with the rifle. The 338 ran very well. The issue was that it would occasionally leave live rounds in the chamber when trying to unload them like in an unload show clear situation. If you fired the rifle everything was good to go. So kind of minor but at this price tag I expect everything to function flawlessly. They did take care of it in Fredricksburg though.

Looks like the fix it sticks are the way to go. thanks for the feedback guys

Monk Medic

Rifleman. Deo Soli Gloria.
Feb 4, 2018
Maine
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions from all a few weeks back.
Arrived yesterday, quite sure that I made the right choice in color,
and glass.

Looked it over quite closely, and I'm QC orientated by training, the build quality is impressive.
I'd really like to pad the riser/comb with something.
Anyone have any suggestions of a light, thin, self adhesive material for this?

I like shooting offhand and from alternative positions, any suggestions on a solid
adjustable sling? I've been using Short Action Precision on my SSG, but open to
suggestions.

Thanks!

IMG_1225.jpg

Feb 14, 2017
thompson
and glass.

Looked it over quite closely, and I'm QC orientated by training, the build quality is impressive.

I like shooting offhand and from alternative positions, any suggestions on a solid
suggestions.

Thanks!

View attachment 6878878
The pad on the cheek riser is made by Hoptic USA. Sorry I don't know how to post a link..... Nice rifle !

reewik

Sergeant
Jun 8, 2009
La Vergne, TN
Here is my newest AI. My covert suppressor is in Jail at the moment. This is an AIAE MKI police trade in with the MIRS mount. I converted the MKI stock sides to MKII stock sides with the adjustable cheek rest. I also installed the covert barrel and have to save my pennies for my scope. Running a Leupold MK4 for now. I just wish it was a folder, I will find one down the road.

AIAEMKI.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2014
and glass.

suggestions.

Thanks!

View attachment 6878878
I ordered a mini stock pad from Wiebad as well. I actually spent the extra $10.00 for custom embroidery on mine. Received it yesterday and will post a photo later on.

I'm glad you're pleased with the color and firearm in general. It looks like you have a pretty extreme length of pull!

Apr 14, 2017
I agree I was not pleased about the bolt either. I will say in their defense although not a great one it was the 308 bolt and not the bolt that came with the rifle. The 338 ran very well. The issue was that it would occasionally leave live rounds in the chamber when trying to unload them like in an unload show clear situation. If you fired the rifle everything was good to go. So kind of minor but at this price tag I expect everything to function flawlessly. They did take care of it in Fredricksburg though.

Looks like the fix it sticks are the way to go. thanks for the feedback guys
Interesting about the bolt. I got a new AI AT couple of weeks ago and when I took it to the range the 1st time I had the same issue about 7-8 times out of the 100 rounds that I shot. The bolt would not grab live rounds. This was with factory 308 barrel. I didn't think much of it and thought maybe I was doing something wrong. Time to cut back on the AI kool-aid i guess. I'll pay more attention next time I'm out. It will be interesting to see if I will have the same issue with the new 6.5x47 barrel I ordered.

Badfinger

Sergeant of the Hide
Aug 11, 2013
Dayton, OH Area
Interesting about the bolt. I got a new AI AT couple of weeks ago and when I took it to the range the 1st time I had the same issue about 7-8 times out of the 100 rounds that I shot. The bolt would not grab live rounds.
Did you close the bolt on the rounds that failed to eject or push them forward and then draw the bolt back?

Mar 30, 2010
Well after reading posts on here and confincing my self AI is the way to go , changing my mind and then going back to option two another custom action build on a Manners stock and then back again .

I finally made a decision today and placed an order for an AT in 308 , only black available so black it is then, having a AX rear fitted . Plan is to pull the barrel and have a 6.5 CM in carbon 18' and I have a 7mm 16'' carbon blank here which will be 7m 08.

Hopefully I will have it by the weekend or early next week.

UK Basketball

BigBlueNation01 on scout
Feb 21, 2014
Kentucky
Well after reading posts on here and confincing my self AI is the way to go , changing my mind and then going back to option two another custom action build on a Manners stock and then back again .

I finally made a decision today and placed an order for an AT in 308 , only black available so black it is then, having a AX rear fitted . Plan is to pull the barrel and have a 6.5 CM in carbon 18' and I have a 7mm 16'' carbon blank here which will be 7m 08.

Hopefully I will have it by the weekend or early next week.
I think black would look best because I think that is the only color ax butt they sell if you don’t buy the whole ax rifle.

Mar 30, 2010
Well , picked it up not long got in , and discover the mag wont come out, mag release goes all the way forward to the mag but it wont pull free it feels like something is holding it in there. Any ideas ?

Ren

Sergeant
Apr 15, 2008
Fl, Sarasota
I've had that happen when someone has drilled out the front plate and used JB weld to fill the holes, but the mag is too long and sticks in the mag well because of the extra JB weld on the front of the mag. Tha'ts the only time Ive had it happen. Push the mag release all the way and wiggle it out?

Top Bottom