A woman was murdered in her apt close to where we live. We currently don't own any EDC equipment and would like advice -concerned about wife's safety

Blutroop

Sergeant of the Hide
Oct 25, 2018
Alaska
I had a Texas chl, now I reside in Alaska. You can open carry up here, no licence needed but the only time my edc is not covered is in thick brush were I’m more worried about grizzly bear ambush than people. Lot of people on here suggesting revolvers but no one mentioned in Texas when taking your chl if you take course with revolver your only licensed for revolver. Get a semi auto for course then get her a revolver for after if she prefers it. As many have already said situational awareness is important. Castle law makes it legal to carry in your vehicle.. read up on it.

May 25, 2013
I had a Texas chl, now I reside in Alaska. You can open carry up here, no licence needed but the only time my edc is not covered is in thick brush were I’m more worried about grizzly bear ambush than people. Lot of people on here suggesting revolvers but no one mentioned in Texas when taking your chl if you take course with revolver your only licensed for revolver. Get a semi auto for course then get her a revolver for after if she prefers it. As many have already said situational awareness is important. Castle law makes it legal to carry in your vehicle.. read up on it.
That is no longer true. Last year they did away with that. You can now take the test with either a revolver or semi and carry either. They also lowered the minimum caliber so that you can qualify with 22lr on up.