A Texas man found a ‘few’ rattlesnakes under his home. snake catchers remove 45.

hermosabeach

Everything is true on the internet- Abe Lincoln
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2012
Betty Ford Clinic
Rattlesnakes den in the winter.... The house should list a bonus "den" on MLS

We were hiking in 1999 near yosemite... I saw an abandoned mine.... My friend mentioned that Rattlesnakes will Den up... That and a little bit of common sense kept me from exploring the old gold mine

Reactions: Spblademaker

Mwalex

Private
Belligerents
Jun 8, 2011
Rattlesnakes are critical to the environment but that is a whole lotta nope under the fellows house.

NB4Z

*Ares*
Banned !
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2018
i know snake meat is very delicious but rattle snake.... o_O

hesco

Sergeant
Belligerents
Feb 8, 2009
Wow. If I lived in a area with rattlers, would have a pack of pitbulls to keep them away.

rth1800

Belligerents
Sep 16, 2009
I wonder why people in snake areas have open crawlspace access?

Should have sent in a mongoose and videoed that.

Reactions: shootist2004

armorpl8chikn

Sergeant
Belligerents
Aug 17, 2010
Western NC
Then again I'm not sure....
There is lots of speculatiin, and a Mamba is supposed to "move" faster than any snake alive.

I know this. I remember watching an old Bill Jordan hunt in South Texas. One of the guys shot a big diamondback with a bow, that was coiled and ready. When the arrow left the bow, that rattler had moved toward the arrow with it's strike at least a foot.
You had to frame by frame it, but the snake actually "caught" the broadhead. Damndest thing I ever saw, and the only reason I believe it....I saw it frame by frame.

Honestly, that may mean nothing when it comes to mongeese? Mongooses? ER....a gaggle of mongoose....es.

• Haha
Reactions: jff_stvns

jff_stvns

The cool gray
Belligerents
Mar 14, 2008
ca
I wonder why people in snake areas have open crawlspace access?

Should have sent in a mongoose and videoed that.
Fuck Yea unleash the Mongeese ! And I will watch their 6 with the air rifle ! Head shots all day long.

Last edited:
Reactions: armorpl8chikn

EddieNFL

SMSgt
Belligerents
Jan 11, 2006
Florida
Mongoose is hell on cobras, in a cage match with any rattler, don't bet on the mongoose.
Cobra strike speed compared to a rattler is like a Corolla racing a Z06.

Supposedly, the Death Adder is the fastest striker. Death Adder

A death adder can go from a strike position, to strike and envenoming their prey, and back to strike position again, in less than 0.15 seconds.

Spblademaker

Don’t tell my wife
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 24, 2017
I always thought it was the Gaboon Viper. And this is why I’m not a herpatologist.

EddieNFL

SMSgt
Belligerents
Jan 11, 2006
Florida
I always thought it was the Gaboon Viper. And this is why I’m not a herpatologist.
Don't know where they rank, but the speed is listed as 175-200 MPH. Rattlesnakes strike up to 28 G's. Pilots are out by 15, IIRC. Wish I could find comparable stats.

When I was eight my parents gave me a book about snakes. I read it until it fell apart. To this day, I am fascinated by them, but prefer to see them at a distance.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn

AllWorkAndNoPlay

Don’t forget to dial
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2019
Chapel Hill
Rattlers aren’t just fast they get big too. Here in NC while hunting I saw one in a rock pile with a head the size of a VW bug. Never saw the whole snake but it had to have been 10 feet long!